“Love and sweet memory in my life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mio

Mio
48 LiangMaQiao Road | Four Seasons Hotel, Beijing, China (Yansha)
010-56958858
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 9,397 Restaurants in Beijing
Neighborhood: Yansha
Neighborhood: Yansha
BEIJING
“Love and sweet memory in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My experience of dinning in MIO is kind of mixture of romance, drama and love.
As I mentioned in other review that as local native residents of Beijing, we have now been seeking restaurant in Beijing from TA, which is quite helpful as the reviews are relatively objective. This time we selected MIO in FourSeasons Hotel to have our romantic dinner on Sunday whilst to celebrate my birthday with my wife. To be straight for to save viewers time, I would like to portion the review as follow:
1.Environment: On 3rd floor of the hotel easily access by lifts, not big but pleasant decor.
2.Food:The pizza:Chef's Mom:The best we have ever had, both my wife and I rank it TOP of this meal.;The Spaghetti with cuttlefish sauce:it is ok, not bad. The Black Cod: The cod was a bit too loosen, maybe it was frozen, but the sauce was great. The port neck:delicious!
3.Dessert: The restaurant provide me with complementary dessert as a Birthday gift---very lovely, I made it as I told the restaurant when book, tricky ha ha ha... Enjoy it very much, we order the tiramisu and one cuppucino. the Tiramisu is nice, but the free chocolate and Macarons is too sweet with less taste. And the cupucino is nice but lead me into trouble...
4.Wine:Small but very nice wine list: We ordered one bottle of Rebort Weil Riesling: My wife loves it very much! But lead me into trouble...

The service:Excellent!!! Both waiter/waitress are welcoming, very friend and very efficient. They are always around but not disturbing you. Well trainned with the cuisine and wines.
Although the dishes took a bit longer but the waiter/waitress will come to serve you with some bread for consuming time and filling the stomach.

My story of drama started when my wife and I enjoyed so much of the romantic and yummy dinner and about to call for the bill, I suddenly felt sick as my head became fuzzy and eyesight loose focus, I did experience this kind of uncomfortable before when overdrunk so I thought I need a bit rest before moving, but it went worse that my face paled and both my wife and the staff have noticed that and come to help me including the the western expat getlemen sat next table who spoke very good chinese that my wife told me hours later but I was totally unknown cos I hardly could speak, still consious but very uncomfortable, however, I managed to settle the bill by entering my password on the mobile pad of creditcard reader...ha ha means I was not so bad for a heart attack. I was laying on my chair but still could hearing what was going around me, the manager, chef of the pizzar, waiters/waitress were all around me for help, a wool scarf given to my wife to put on me for keeping me warm and they tried to call the ambulance but ironically and lucky as I thought the Rescue Center of 120 told them there was no ambulance at that time, so I told my wife that not necessary to call for ambulance I would be better after a rest as I was feeling quite better and start to sweat which I was sure it would become better soon. I could only know that the restaurant have informed the frontdesk and a hotel guest room was immediately given to us, the hotel staff helped me on a wheelchair and a fews minutes later we were in one of the 5-star hotel's cosy rooms and my wife wanted to pay but she was told all of that is free of charge...I did rest on the bed and was fully recovered and walk out of the room myself after 2hours. I came down to the restaurant to express my great thanks to them and they too expressed sinere concerns on me. What a wonderful night I have, althought a bit scary to my wife and the people around me. Sorry for the trouble I made by overdrink wine and coffee together plus the lack of sleep due to the workload in the previous week. Many thanks to MIO staff and the food is really delicious!!! I will cherish this love memory in my life. We will definitely return and for the food I will recommand as top notch especially the pizza.

• Visited June 2013

Beijing, China
“Probably the best Western style restaurant in Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Straight away - the interior decoratoin in the restaurant is horrible. It's expensive, but tasteless and tacky. It's shiniy and blingy. I am not sure what went through the interior decorator's head, when this was done, but I am pretty sure it wasn't something pretty.

The restaurant space itself is in a long rectangle, with the open plan kitchen on one end and the entrance on the other. All in all the place is not intimate. I'd say the atmosphere is quite dynamic, borderline loud, but still pleasant.

Having said all this - the food is amazing. The amount of effort the chef puts in to sourcing his great ingredients and then even more effort to make these ingredients shine is unimaginable. Wine selection is great too.

Overall an excellent restaurant. I can recommend it to any food lover and certainly will be coming back too.

P.S. - don't wear light brown tweed jacket if you don't want to be confused with the waiter - this is their uniform in the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Mio is outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Having been in Venice last week, I had a good basis for comparison to evaluate Mio. It is a world class Italian restaurant by any reasonable measurement. Ambiance, service and food are all outstanding. You can get great wines by the glass at reasonable prices and the pizzas are terrific so if you want value, Mio can deliver that too. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beijing
“Amazing pizzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been to Mio twice since it opened, and both visits have been very good. Their pizzas are all amazing and they have an incredible selection of meats and cheeses, which can be difficult to find in Beijing. It's a little on the pricey side, but the service is great, which makes it a much better value than it might look on paper.

Visited April 2013
Florence, Italy
“First class!! thats Mio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Arrived and was shown to our table immediately.

Waiters were nice and courteous. Chose 5-course taster menu.

Food presentation was great and taste exceeded my standard for 1 Michelin star. Ambience was nice in terms of lighting and decor (very enjoyable however, was not under purple lighting shown in various foodie/restaurant websites).

Chef provided extra surprises in between courses and a cake at the end for my girlfriend's birthday. She, as an native Italian, was also very pleased with the food.

Great all around!

Special features: business meals, romance, fit for foodies, special occasions, group bookings, Sunday lunch

• Visited April 2013