“Delivered a great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 309 Activities in Beijing
5.0 of 5 stars 140 Reviews
Type: Tourist/ Visitor Centers, Transportation, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: China DIY travel provides domestic train ticket booking service for any journey within China in any class or type of train. Give us your name and passport number, no need to pay in advance. We will get you the Eticket and ask you to pay afterwards. It is safer, easier and cheaper!
Quebec City, Canada
“Delivered a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

I was in Beijing for a short time as I was just transiting and taking advantage of the visa exemption.
With just a few hours I was hoping to see the Great Wall. I found china-diy-travel here in the review page and got in touch with them. They replied very quickly and were clear and pleasant in their communication. More importantly, they delivered what they promised and I had a great time (although short) on the Great Wall. I was taken back to the airport on time. The driver was quite good and prudent and the traffic not so bad.
I am very happy that they helped me get the most out of my short stay. Definitely great people to do business with. I understand why they get so many reviews.

Visited September 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We booked train tickets between Shanghai and Beijing using China DIY. Can't recommend them highly enough. Friendly, efficient and hassle free and was all sorted before we left the UK. All we had to do was pick up our tickets which was very straight forward.

Kirkland, WA
4 attraction reviews
“China DIY Travel is the best for advance train tix purchase”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I am an American that does not speak Chinese, and trying to plan a vacation on your own in China without having to pay a tour company to do all your planning for you, is extremely overwhelming. A huge thanks to the TripAdvisor folks who answered all my travel questions, and for confirming that China DIY Travel was a reputable company to purchase train tickets in advance on your behalf. Helen at China DIY Travel was extremely helpful and responsive to all my train ticket needs. The commission is reasonable and well worth the peace of mind. I highly recommend China DIY Travel for your advance train ticket needs!

France
34 attraction reviews
“Don't look elsewhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

It's getting more & more difficult to buy train tickets in China: they now go on sale online 20 days ahead of departure & sell out fast.
I was taking 4 friends on their first trip to China. We needed tickets on some busy routes & I didn't want to wait until we got there & find tickets were sold out.
DIY got us all the soft-sleeper tickets we needed - even alternative ones for a train that was already full.
They were efficient & professional.
I had a VERY last-minute family issue & had to cancel my trip: DIY even managed to cancel my unused tickets & refund them minus the cancellation fee imposed by China Railways. I had not hoped to get any refund at all due to the lateness of my change of plans. This was definitely appreciated.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Like having a trusted friend in China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I really knew nothing about traveling in China and found China DIY Travel on Trip Advisor. DIY is nothing short of outstanding!

To start, they are super responsive. Every inquiry I had was promptly responded to (taking into consideration time zones). They are knowledgable about the train system there and walk you through every step of the process, even sending you a handy guide that explains the tickets, the train station(s) and even provide you with great tips on where to eat and visit. Payment was easy and secure through Paypal and I got my confirmation within 24 hours of my request. They made my journey effortless in booking and getting the tickets I needed -- and did so almost immediately.

What really set them apart however was their customer service. When I missed a train and had to rebook at the train station (don't do this; it is a miracle I managed the language barrier at the station to rebook), DIY refunded my originally purchased ticket!

I am so thankful to have found a trusted partner and I have nothing but praises for China DIY Travel. If you visit China, contact them first. They will get you what you need or put you in touch with someone who will (car service, etc).

I will keep this company in my Rolodex forever and recommend them to anyone asking my advice about traveling in China. They are truly a first class operation!