“Flawless hospitality, guaranteed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 5,422 Hotels in Beijing
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Flawless hospitality, guaranteed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was my first time in Beijing (and in mainland China!), travelling alone... And I don't speak any Mandarin, so yes, I was a bit wary. I was advised by our counterparts in Beijing to stay at the Four Season, excellent hospitality was to be expected. But I wasn't expecting a smiling young lady waiting for me after the immigration clearance, taking me through the maze, clearing everything, guided me to the car... And soon enough I found myself safely in my room, completing my in-room check-in. I was really thankful as I didn't have to worry about trying to find my way on my own when very few people spoke English.

Everything about the hotel is just amazing, needless to say. Loved the room, and beddings were just perfect for a good night's rest. Only thing I wished to be better was the breakfast selection .... Not much vegetarian choices, but I survived!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 11 nights and had a great stay. We had a couple of rooms on the executive floor which gave access to a very nice lounge serving breakfast, snacks and drinks. The hotel staff were very good and extremely helpful. Whilst there one of my daughters was 18 and we asked the hotel if they good do something special in the restaurant that night. Well, they had balloons in her room, give her a gift and a cake (and a small gift for my other daughter) and in the restaurant some special noodles and a cake!

The rooms are of a great quality the management and staff 1st class and the location of the hotel is great, not too far from the airport and close to a subway.

We really liked the Italian restaurant, and the Opus lounge for food, the Chinese restaurant was good, but if honest have had better food and service.

We never had any treatments but the spa and Gym were both first class.

Special mention to the Exec club team, practically Frank, who always made us welcome and give some very good tips and to Summer on the front desk who did the same, both great ambassadors for the Four Seasons Chain.

Nothing to fault really.

Room Tip: The Exec club rooms I think or on higher floors and there is a lot of traffic in Beijing so the high...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel in Beijing is expensive but the rooms are fabulous (especially the bathrooms) and it's in a great location. The Yashow Market is close by, which I would recommend over the Silk Market, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I would not recommend eating in the hotel restaurants - they are expensive and you can find great local restaurants for a fraction of the price.

I sprained my ankle during the trip and the staff were very helpful (getting me an ankle brace, medicine etc.). I would absolutely stay here again if coming for business.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Four Seasons Beijing is probably the best Four Seasons hotel we have stayed in the past. Besides being a beautiful hotel with very elegant and spacious rooms we were very impressed with the staff. The staff was amazingly friendly and did every effort to make our stay easy and comfortable in this complex city.
We stayed in the hotel fiver nights and we had dinner twice at the Hotel Chinese restaurant Cai Yi Xuan which is excellent. We had dinner one night at the Italian restaurant Mio which was superb. We sat in the Opus Bar almost every night and we enjoyed every minute there not only because of the drinks and food but most importantly by the staff attitude.

Room Tip: Getting a treatment in the SPA is a must. Beautiful setting and great messages.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stay about 70 nights a year in hotels and this one ranks at the top. The service is outstanding and the quality of the rooms is superb. From being greeted at the front door, to the in-room check-in, the service and attention to personal details are unsurpassed.

The executive lounge (like a club floor or gold floor in other hotel chains) provides personal (yes they remember your name and welcome you) service and provide a 26th floor view for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks/snacks that are very high quality. The executive chef came by several times to explain his creations and to chat. It even has an outdoor patio to enjoy the view (and for us, even a clear blue sky on the weekend days we were there).

We have been several times to Beijing but this was our first time at the Four Seasons and it is now our top pick.

Room Tip: Rooms with access to the Executive Lounge are on Floors 19 and up (Lounge is on 26th floor)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at the executive floor, the hotel lives up to the Four Seasons reputation. After visiting the Forbidden City we nicknamed it " The Hall of Supreme Indulgence" - as it is a nice luxurious retreat from the noise and chaos of the streets of Beijing and it's major attractions!
The hotel is very new, one year old, and at the moment seems to be a well kept secret; during our stay we didn't see a lot of people around, most of the time we had the executive lounge to ourselves!
We found the location very good, close to a good Shopping Centre and 5 minutes walk from the Subway Station ( Liangmaqiao - exit C) , the best way to move quickly around town is the Subway. The hotel can also arrange a reliable taxi driver if you wish.
The hotel facilities are great. The swimming pool and Spa area are kept spotless with everything you can wish for: good size pool to swim, effective Jacuzzi, dry sauna, wet sauna, well equipped gym and spa.
Our room was spacious, very clean and very well appointed with an effective air conditioning system, very good rain shower and we even had a bathroom with superb city view! The novelty in the room was that there were two packs with vacuum sealed fire resistant respiratory masks- in case of an emergency!
The breakfast at the executive lounge had a varied choice of Western and Chinese cuisine, the bread was superb- all freshly baked on the premises. Nice selection of fruit and great fresh orange juice.
The afternoon tea and happy hour cocktails served at the lounge offered a varied selection, but we need to mention that at the afternoon tea one day there wasn't any choice of savoury vegetarian food, having said that, the staff rectified their mistake pretty quickly after we asked, they also made sure that it didn't happen again during our stay.
The staff at the lounge was very friendly and helpful, all with a very good level of English. It is worth mentioning the kindness and efficiency of some staff: a special thanks to Nora and Xinya that went an extra mile to make our stay pleasant and memorable, Frank for surprising us by packing some pastries for us when we mentioned that we were taking the CRH train to Shanghai and to Sallick, the concierge, that was always there to help us with good suggestions for our itinerary, especially giving us the name of the closest subway station to the attractions on our list. Tip: always ask the letter of the exit of the station, as there are many, and if you exit at the wrong side of the road you will have a long way to cross! Exit map signs at the stations aren't in English!
We would recommend this hotel with no hesitation if you are looking for an oasis of luxury and indulgence to escape the pollution and dust of Beijing! The Chinese emperors had their " Hall of Supreme Harmony" in the Forbidden City and we had the "Hall of Supreme Indulgence" in the Four Seasons Beijing!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Wonderful hotel located between the airport and the city. Watch the taxi drivers and make sure you pay the proper fee from the airport. A guy wanted us to pay 800 RMB while on the meter I think we paid less than 100. The hotel service was great with a quiet room and perfect bathroom. The breakfast had everything...American, European and local fare. The cooked to order eggs and custom shakes were great. This was the best 4 seasons I have experienced. They had a number of English newspapers and the wifi allowed streaming.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!