“Perfect simple service for our family” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 309 Activities in Beijing
5.0 of 5 stars 23 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Provide private car to Mutianyu Wall round trip at a reasonable price and no "kick-back" shopping stops.
Perth, Australia
28 attraction reviews
“Perfect simple service for our family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thanks to previous Trip Advisor reviews we found Bruce. We met Bruce just outside our hotel at 7:20am. We were at the wall by 9am. Bruce directed us to some very clean toilets before showing us the map of the routes we could take to and from the wall. He helped us buy our choice of tickets (rather a nice luxury as we have been doing this independently for the last week in China) then gave us a mobile phone so we could contact him. We felt comfortable that we could stay up on the wall for as long as we wanted. On our return we called Bruce on the phone and he was at the car within minutes. He happily dropped us off at another tourist location within the city and even gave our two young children a souvenir. We paid 650 RMB for Bruce's services and would highly recommend him.

Visited October 2013

Copenhagen, Denmark
20 attraction reviews
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We emailed Bruce the night before we wished to go to Mutianyu. He arrived promptly to a pre-agreed time (7.30am) in his comfortable VW golf sedan. He was a bit quiet and understood English to a conversational level but he seemed very pleasant. We just wanted to go to the wall and back which is exactly what we got. It took around 1.5 hours to get to the great wall. On arrival Bruce helped us to buy tickets and explained that the cable car was the best way to get up to the wall (which we agreed with!).

On coming back from the wall we located his car but not him (we feared the worst). But we gave a couple of "Bruce" shouts and he appeared from a group of other drivers. He took us swiftly back to our hotel as requested and we paid him the agreed amount (650 yuan). We think this is the best way to go to the great wall as it allows you to do it at your own pace and be guaranteed not to stop at different factories!

We would definitely recommend Bruce for those who purely want a safe and prompt driver to and from the wall.

Munich
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I found Bruce here in tripadvisor site. Happened that the day I wanted to hire Bruce he was busy. He made arrangements for Harry, another driver, to take me to the Mutianyu Great Wall. Harry's English was very good and his car was a new Passat. He helped me out to buy the great wall tickets too. When I was done I went back to the parking lot where he was there waiting for me. The whole process is very enjoyable

Toronto
“Great Wall, Tiananmen, Forbidden city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went to Beijing with my sister and we just had a weekend to do the great wall, forbidden city, tiananmen and a few restaurants we wanted to go. We rented out Bruce and we did all that in two days. His English was great, he waited for us at every stop. Sometimes that would take hours. We are very glad with the service

Visited September 2012
Singapure
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

When I went to Beijing on business I surely didn't want to do go to the great wall or see the forbidden city but I since I didn't know my way around nor I knew how to use public transports I decided to hire Bruce. I saw bruce in a website called thebeijinger. The car was brand new and he stayed with me for over 12 hours. Sure it wasn't an easy day for him.