“Just GREAT” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$79*
and up
Private Tour: Ming Tombs and Great Wall at...
Ranked #1 of 1,198 Attractions in Beijing
Type: Ancient Ruins, Hiking Trails, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Cultural
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Early stage in the northern of China in the middle ages,Mutianyu is a the best part is that as the Great Wall to defend north of the capital obstacles and imperial tombs. As a new attractions of Beijing , government repaired and open for tourists from all over the world only 22 tower.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Geneva, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
“Just GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is the best place to see the Great Wall. A little over an hour outside Beijing you take a cable care to the Wall and then get a fantastic view along a large length of the Wall as it snakes across the mountains. Go early to avoid crowns and you end up with spectacular pictures of this amazing phenomenon. Be warned however, if going when I went (February) wrap up warm. It was -15C when I was there.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
“Useful Infor for the Wall Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This section of the Great Wall is by far the easiest to negotiate if you are not a seasoned hiker. A taxi or bus ride from beijing will take you there, or your hotel can arrange a tourist bus.We hired an English-speaking driver Vincent and his email is wokanxin@yahoo.com.cn. You can buy a ticket for a chairlift that transports you to the top of the wall, and walk from there in either direction. A fun sit-down sled can be taken back down the mountain; it is a little wheeled board that has a hand brake and runs in a stainless steel chute back and forth.
In general, the views are breathtaking- very wild and secluded country, and the wall seems to go on forever into th edistance. You do have to negotiate a bunch of vendor stalls to get to the entrance, but this is true at any tourist attraction. And there was an American style Subway sandwich chain restaurant at the bottom if you want American style food. COnsistent , but with odd additions like blueberry flavored chips. I'd go to a noodle shop , personally.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“My terrible trip to China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

First of all I went to the Great Wall to see it. I knew in Dec. it would be cold , but not 19o below and my camera wouldn't even open. It is a great thing to see when it's warm. I also seen a lot of great things around Beijing, but to cold to acualy enjoy things.
One thing I want to say is on't ever go to China alone as I did.
I set myself up like a turkey waiting to be shot.
I was walking around Taliman squar, and 4 guys cme up to talk with me and spoke perfect English, and said the worked for Microsoft, and was in Beijing on a business. They aske me to have lunch with them, and gave me the bill, and told me with no uncertain turms I was paying the bill. I thought $ 150.00 I got the bill from AMX and it was $ 1500.00. So watch out for friendly business men.
After I left these guys I went to get a cab it was to cold to be out any longer, and getting late. It cost me 20 yen to get there, and the cabs wanted 50 yen to get back. I asked a rickshaw driver to take me for 30 and after a while he said he would.When we got to my hotel he wanted more because he said he was a cripple. I gave him the 30 and started to get out, and he locked the door, and hit me in the head. I turned around in my seat, and faut with him a min, and he took off with the door locked I actualy thought I was going to die or at the least wish I was if he got me to his buddies. I pulled out a 100 yen and he stopped and unlocked the door, and let me out. So beware when traveling alone.

Visited December 2012
Tisdale, SK
50 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Great Wall at Mutianyu was the most amazing experience! To actually stand on the wall and envision the building process so many years ago! To be connected to such a significant part of history was very humbling. An advantage of the Mutianyu section was taking the cable car most of the way up!

Visited November 2012
Salzgitter, Germany
“Great Wall, Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Besucht im Januar.
Nur ganz vereinzelt, wenige Touristen.
Auf der Mauer in Ruhe spazieren und in sich einkehren.
Wunderbare Stunden in der Vergangenheit.
---
Visited in January.
Only very occasionally, a few tourists.
On the wall at rest and come in to walk.
Wonderful hours in the past.

Visited January 2013