“A pyramid in Beijing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eclat Beijing

Save Saved
You added Hotel Eclat Beijing to your Saves list
Hotel Eclat Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Floor 16-21, No. 9 Dongdaqiao Road Parkview Green FangCaoDi, Chaogyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #27 of 5,414 Hotels in Beijing
Annecy, France
“A pyramid in Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Eclat hotel in Beijing as no competitor. It is part of the striking Parkview green development and feature a multitude of contemporary artworks from master like Dali as well as outstanding famous Chinese artists.It has cutting-edge rooms with all the most advance amenities. Placing a strong emphasis on attentive services this hotel has become the talk of the town.If you like fashion and if you consider yourself as trendy this is the only place in Beijing where you can enjoy contemporary art, design and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wessel K, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Pieto,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review.

We are pleased to learn you have enjoyed the convenience our location offers. We strive to provide personalized and caring service to all our guests and are glad to hear you have enjoyed this experience.

We truly value the beautiful words you used to describe Hotel Éclat Beijing and hope to have the honor to welcome you back in Beijing in the near future.

Hotel Éclat Beijing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Staying at this hotel is like a trip to a contemporary art gallery. Every corner you turn, a well recognized piece of artwork can be found; from old master like Dali to contemporary artist like Zhang Huan. But that's not what makes the Eclat special; their service was very personal and attentive, the room I stayed in was spacious and has a huge terrace where guests of mine can relax and chill in huge sofas and coffee table. The hotel is attached to a very nice shopping centre where you can find very high quality restaurants from Italian to the most popular Taiwanese restaurant Ding Tai Fung. It was the total experience that makes me want to return and recommend Eclat to my friends who will visit Beijing in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones that comes with a terrace.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bruce,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Éclat Beijing on Tripadvisor.It is our honor to welcome guests who share our love for art and design.

It is with pleasure that I learned you have enjoyed your stay and our personal service. The innovative glass structure, designed by Winston Chu, of our building provides ideal conditions for the indoor terrace you mentioned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Truly a first class hotel in every respect. Food, service, room, all top notch. Very spacious room with large terrace full of artwork and pleasant surprises. Fantastic food, amazing staff and splendid artwork. A must hotel if you are in Beijing. This is not a typical predictable 5 star hotel. The room has so many thoughtful, amazing, amusing features - e.g. clock on the ceiling showing time, weather and alarm in huge letters, no squinting or fumbling for glasses in the middle of the night; massage chair that you don't want to share with anyone specially after walking the great wall; a table lamp that you turn on and off with a white plastic gun - no need to go through the whole room looking for switches that will turn off this light when you are almost asleep. This is the only good use of a gun in my opinion! A full feature toilet with all kinds of water sprays with heated toilet seat, a faint light goes on automatically in the bathroom when you walk in at night that is so easy on eyes. I can go on and on because there are so many things that make staying there so comfortable and pleasant. The bed was magical, so comfortable. Absolutely no expense is spared in making this hotel way above a five star rating. It is very obvious that the art collector owner and his team of architects have put their heart and souls in building this hotel. And if you love art, this is like a art heaven. Everywhere you look, you see most beautiful artwork. It really is a must hotel if you are in Beijing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was introduced to this hotel by the Eclat Taipei staff, after having stayed at the Taipei outlet several times over the past years. I do not visit Beijing often, and just have two main customers at the Chaoyangmen area, so location-wise, the Eclat Beijing is a huge attraction for me (one metro stop away only).

This Eclat keeps the same style, panache and feel of the Eclat in Taipei. But perhaps due to more generous space in big Beijing compared to land-tight Taipei, the Chinese Eclat boasts a much bigger lobby with lots more pieces of art, and even more lifts with the chic and chutzpah to tease your artistic senses before you finally land in your generously-sized room.

Occupying the 16th and up levels of this multi-use building (owned by a Taiwanese businessman I was told, with a small shopping mall complete with designer brands and a high-end supermarket, as well as many levels of business offices on other floors) are the bedrooms of this hotel. I did not have a chance to see the bigger rooms which on their website some even boasting its own plunge pool, but I enjoyed myself in the room I was assigned to. The design was the expected artsy fare, with some quirky amenities such as the lamp which would be shut only when you "shoot" a pistol at it (you'll know what I mean when you reach there) and the luxurious sound, TV and video systems, complete with the high-end stationery and toiletries provided. The bed with the duvet and sheets was soft and comfortable, and the bathroom spotlessly clean and good size.

What I truly like was the facility to project a infra-red light-based time and temperature reading from the bedside desk to the ceiling, so that you see what time it is when you wake up in between your sleep in the middle of the time, sleeping on the bed, without the need to search for the clock. Very intelligent indeed! But then there were some amenities which frankly may look nice but simply fall short of being practical. Examples include the not-so-user friendly coffee machine (compared to the one I used at the Eclat Taipei) and the wash sink which is too deep down and small to serve its purpose. The water pressure from the wash tap was miniscule, and there was a smell of cooking fumes into the room on the first night I was there. Weird, but this smell issue did not happen the second night after I mentioned to the front desk staff.

What is important to note is that the charges by the Eclat Beijing are not low at all, even by Beijing standards. Granted that the mini-bar was free for all to take (except the alcoholic drinks) and there was a nice albeit simple breakfast included in the room rate, I still find the charges to be high. Given the standard of patchy service rendered (there were minor instances of inefficiency and reluctance to serve with a smile, which were more than made up for by other sparks of brilliance such as the excellent service provided by the Concierge staff), I am not sure if this Eclat should actually deserve such high rates. But the location for me was almost perfect as I mentioned earlier, so unless they go way beyond my budget, I'd likely return for my next trip to Beijing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amy C, Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Traveller from Singapore

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments through TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Hotel Éclat Beijing.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed not only the convenience of our location within the innovative ParkView Green Mall and Beijing but also the amenities of our rooms. Our éclat essentials are designed to make you feel “home away from home” without missing a touch of humour.

We passed your kind words to our concierge team and we would like to thank you for your honest feedback. As we are always striving to improve ourselves and you constructive criticism and suggestions are very welcome.

On your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact our reception staff to see one of our Deluxe Pool Suites which are truly amazing. We are looking very forward to welcoming you back soon at Hotel Éclat Beijing.

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I couldn´t imagine a better place to stay in Beijing. Nice and friendly, full of arts, it's like sleep in a Museum: awesome. I have been in many 5-star places in more than 30 different countries all around the world. This was definitely one of the best we have ever been. We got a super nice room and the staff was wonderful and very helpful. We liked also breakfast very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
mobeemamee, General Manager at Hotel Eclat Beijing, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Jose

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for staying at Hotel Éclat Beijing.

Being one of the best hotels you have ever been to is the nicest compliment you can pay us. We are glad you enjoyed not only our art collection but also your room and the best of continental and Chinese breakfast at our éclat lounge.

We strive to provide a high standard of service and to make our guests feel at home. It is very rewarding when this has been achieved and our efforts are so kindly appreciated.

We look forward to delighting you even more on your next stay at the Hotel Éclat Beijing.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Located in a brand new, modern and eco-friendly building, the hotel is decorated with a lot of art pieces, giving it an amazing soul. Dali, Warhol and lots of very famous Chinese artists... Everywhere you look you see art and/or quality design. I had a Deluxe Room with Terrace which was extremely comfortable and filled with all sorts of luxury gadgets like a big B&O speaker, 3D TV and DVD player, massage chair, Illy coffee machine. The terrace is an indoor terrace, which is great given the pollution levels in the City. The hotel is very well located in CBD right behind the embassies in the East of the city. The beautiful and calm Ritan Park is just a minute away. The service was very good, polite and efficient.
The shopping mall located in the same building offers a wide range of reasons to empty your wallet or fill your stomach (Din Tai Fung for a lunch with dumplings and Opera Bombana for a dinner with top notch Italian fine dining).
This is an ideal alternative to all the chain 5 stars hotels thanks to its vibrant atmosphere!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear traveller from Shanghai

On behalf of the entire I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We highly value your comments as it is always a chance to improve our service. It is with regret that I read that we didn’t live up to your expectations. I have addressed your feedback to the respective department to prevent any of the above to happen again.

I sincerely apologize that we couldn’t offer you a good night’s sleep and I will follow up on the mentioned renovation disturbance with the Parkview Green Mall.

We truly hope that we can welcome you back at the Hotel Éclat Beijing to convince you of your passion for hospitality.

hong kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here for 3 night last week in a standard room. The art work is impressive but the novelty wears off after the first time you see it, and it also demands too much attention making it difficult to relax. The staff is well trained enough - for China - but nowhere close to what you would get at one of the a major chains like the Shangri-La or the Ritz Carlton (I'm talking about Beijing branches for both). There is no restaurant other than breakfast being served on the 16F (although room service is available around the clock) and no bar or lounge (although guests are able to order drinks on the 16F - but it will be empty). I think the owners spent good money on this place but I don't believe they truly understand hospitality. (Example - responding that we are able to order drinks on an empty floor when asked the question, "is there a bar?"). Understand Beijing is an expensive city but I am not sure I'd spend another 300 USD / night at Hotel Eclat.

To be fair, some positives to highlight:

Massage chair in the room is very nice.
Free mini bar
Very nice coffee machine
Everything in the room is very nice (but I did not feel relaxed)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear travelgirl from Hongkong

We would like to thank you for staying at Hotel Éclat and for reviewing your stay.

We are glad you enjoyed the Éclat Essentials that come with our rooms and some of our art pieces.

We value your feedback as we are constantly striving to improve ourselves to exceed our guest’s expectations. Your comments offer us the opportunity to work on our weaknesses and further develop Hotel Éclat Beijing.

We sincerely hope to get a second chance to welcome you at Hotel Éclat Beijing. And I can already recommend you two outstanding restaurants within the Parkview Green Mall: OPERA by Chef Umberto Bombana and Alfie’s by Alfred Dunhill, which will pamper you with delicious cuisine and a great glass of wine.

Hotel Eclat Beijing

Been to Hotel Eclat Beijing? Share your experiences!