The Holiday Inn is absolutely first class. The rooms are immaculate and have everything you could possibly need. There is no traffic noise there whatsoever as both sides of the Hotel backs onto car parks for office buildings. The concierge team at the hotel were absolutely fantastic. I’ve read other reviews were people rave about Storm but in our 6 days there I didn’t come across Storm but everyday came across Paul. Paul was absolutely super, recommending us to local restaurants, shopping centres arranging transportation for us, fixing our internet connections as WiFi is freely available on the ground floor of the hotel also. Paul is a superstar and a wonderful Ambassador for Holiday Inn. Be sure to look him up, you won’t be disappointed. Nothing is a trouble. He runs out in the street no matter what time of day or night and hails a taxi for you and instructs the taxi driver where to take you, tells you what the fair should be. When you ask for a restaurant recommendation he first enquires what sort of food you’d like to eat then deals with the recommendation. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn absolutely first class and we had a buffet meal there which was also very good. They have two ATM machine’s there and foreign exchange currency machine, a number of shops. Just across the road is a small liquor store and there is a fantastic little man that works in there. For those of you that like a cold beer be sure if you are planning on staying there a few days that you ask him to put a few beers in the fridge for you each day otherwise everything will be sold to you at room temperature. That’s how the Chinese like to drink beer.
The first night I was there he misunderstood me and thought I wanted a box of 24 cans of beer which was 55RMB or around $10 Australian. Chinese restaurant directly across the road is also excellent but the menu is not in English, they do have pictures. My wife and I had a very funny night there explaining ourselves, you need to point to things and make the animal sound associated with what I thought it was. When I impersonated a pig all the girls looking after us were in hysterics. It seemed I was entertaining the restaurant for that particular evening but we got by. The food is freshly cooked, it’s inexpensive, the restaurant is very clean and popular with locals and fifty metres from the front door.
We also attended the Youth restaurant which is approximately 500 metres from the Hotel to its right. It has a menu in English and the food was fantastic and I can highly recommend it as do I recommend the optometrist two doors away from the Holiday Inn who fitted me with two new pairs of glasses whilst I was in Shanghai. No English but take your own pair of glasses and they will make the lenses based on that. We communicated through the computer, translating English into Chinese and Chinese into English. At the end of the day I got two pairs of glasses that are fantastic.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.