Concierge - Mr Storm Li set up a really nice trip for us to the Moshikou section of the Great Wall -- we basically had the whole wall to ourselves!! This I think was the best part of our China experience. The package included a private van with driver, time at the Wall and the waterfall Buddha, a delicious four plate lunch at a local and gracious resident's home, and a traditional massage treatment at another local village for about 800 yuan for 3 people. Storm also put together a sort of custom pkg for us to have a private taxi all day to see just sites we had on our list. If you want to see a lot of sites on a limited time budget, consider this option. Our party of three went shopping at two sites, saw two museums, Beihei Park, Olympic Village, and the Giant Panda in one day AND we liked the driver enough to have him take us to the airport on our last day. Storm does a thorough job setting up these things.
Location - Save your taxi drivers grief by showing them your room key sleeve, which has a phone number and a description of how to find the hotel in Chinese. They don't automatically know how to find this hotel otherwise.
Beds and bedding were very clean and comfortable
Towels were soft and bigger than average
Room keys, of all things, gave us repeated problems. This was VERY annoying and they need to fix it!!
Service was good to very good - The desk staff was polite and helpful. Door man got us a taxi fast. Restaurant staff was friendly and our maids even folded the dirty laundry I threw in the corner. And of course the concierge was very helpful and thorough.
Free breakfast is great. Friendly staff. Variety of western and local fare, athough food in serving trays should be hotter. Not cheap for other meals.
Didn't really use lounge or pool or weight room. Wished there was a hot tub on site after long days of touring. Hotel description says 'Spa'
but they do not mean hot tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing