“A bit touristy - but fun and somewhere to try lots of different tastes, on sticks....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dong Hua Men Night Market

4.0 of 5 stars 121 Reviews
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Dozens of food stalls with screaming vendors characterize this noisy street market, which offers everything from fish and roasted meats to vegetables and noodles.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
322 attraction reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We came upon this market by chance as it was quite close to our hotel. It would appear to be a long, well very long, row of street vendors selling a vast array of food cooked on sticks (Generally).

We're naturally quite conservative when it comes to eating street food - not because we don't like it (quite the opposite) but we don't want any of our holidays ruined by stomach upsets ! No worries here - everything looks clean and fresh and is cooked to order. Some very tasty meaty snacks - not sure what some of it was. A lot of traders have passable English but to be fair just pointing and asking for 2 and asking how much is reasonably straightforward.

All in all a pleasant 45 mins spent here - worth a visit if in the area......

Visited March 2014

Perth, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“Ate here most nights!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Loved this place - not only the atmosphere but the food is great too. Don't be scared by the crazy food objects on skewers there is eatable food sold here as well. I loved the duck pancakes sold by two vendors. Nice desert also - fried banana cake! Bring your camera to take photos of the crazy food available.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“If it's on a stick you can eat it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

You can anything from scorpion to corn on a stick. We weren't too adventurous with our dining choices but loved the dumplings and chicken skewers.
I recommend that you learn the Chinese characters for most meats and poultry as not many of the cooks at the market understand English.
Overall, an awesome cultural experience.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
“Interesting but cruel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great experience, very big culture shock, thought i would try some of the bugs but when i saw loads of LIVE scorpions impaled on sticks wriggling i opted out.
A visit to Beijing should really included this place

Visited August 2013
Manila, Philippines
5 attraction reviews
“Good food, not honest vendor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My family spent Christmas2013 in Beijing. Knowing there was some great Chinese food offered in this night street food at Wangfujing also a short walk from our hotel, I was excited one evening to buy food but disappointed because the lady vendor cheated me..there were menu prices written in every stall place. Knowing we can't communicate well in English I just pointed the food I like. I chose 3variants of food in this stall and pay.. Before I leave I compute my total purchases based on the price display but the change was short. The noodles with veggies cost double, also the other vegies I am familiar with and the dim sum. So I approached them, because they are 2 the lady & a man, maybe her husband, I told them my total purchased was only this much.. And immediately gave me the refund. I told them I will call the police if they will do it again.. So BEWARE. Be alert in the amount of your food ordered, because I once been cheated too in other restaurants in front of Jade Garden Hotel. Also the tea which is not in the menu list and offered will be charged to every customer without any notice...always count change and menu bill ordered..

Visited December 2013