“Meow & M's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The HuLu Hotel

You added The HuLu Hotel to your Saves list
The HuLu Hotel
No.91 Yanyue Hutong Dongsi South Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100010, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Price
Special offer
Ranked #4 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Auckland, New Zealand
“Meow & M's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed in Hulu Hotel for one night, and I wish I could have stayed longer! I knew I wanted to stay in a nice hotel for my last night in Beijing, just so I could relax by myself, and I sure was treated well! I jokingly put on the request form while booking that I would love a bag of M&M's on arrival, and on the night of arriving, there they were! Then while I was signing in, they had a cat just relaxing in the sun, having what seemed like the time of his life, which was exactly like my experience there. They feed you some pretty legit breakfast too! (refer to photo) They also had a fuzzy TV signal, so they gave me free access to bucket loads of movies and TV series.

Hulu is basically a good quality Chinese-inspired hotel, with a very nice ambiance.

Also, they're just generally nice people.This was because, I was leaving from the hotel to the airport after I checked out, and I'd only flown international once (on the way to China), so I didn't fully understand the checking in time frame. Basically, by the time I left the hotel, I was stressing and not sure if I'd make it. They offered me some lunch to take away, call a taxi, and told me the quickest route to get to the subway to the airport. Also an affirming 'you'll make it', which really helps in those situations.

So cheers Hulu! I will definitely come back to you if I go to Beijing again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

perfect hotel ...it is very nice and clean hotel , the view is also nice ...i have a good breakfast too..
if some one want to go to beijing should choose this hotel ..
my family feel very happy in there

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at the Hulu hotel twice, on my way over and back from Australia whilst taking advantage of the new 72 hour tourist visa offered by China. It was fantastic on both legs. It is a small inn style hotel run by genuinely lovely people. The rooms are comfortable, clean, warm and have lovely decor. On the way out, I stayed in one of their larger more expensive rooms, it had an amazing large bathroom, with big bath/shower and marble tiles, a sitting area in the main room with a sofa and coffee table. They provide a toothbrush, toothpaste, and nice L'Occtane shower gel and shampoo. The smaller rooms don't have a bath or sitting area, but are still comfortable and adequate.

The hotel is situated very centrally, a short 5 minute walk to the subway, its about a 20 minute walk to the Forbidden City. They have both a western and an Chinese yum cha breakfast, the yum cha is amazing- I recommend the wonton soup- best I've had in ages!

The staff are great, they all speak some English, and are helpful. They will arrange a taxi for you and can offer basic advice on getting around. I stayed as a single female traveller and felt safe at the hotel.

Probably the only negative is that being a small hotel, they don't open until 8am. Unfortunately my flight arrived at 5am and so I had to hang out at a nearby 24 hour mcdonalds until they opened which wasn't ideal after a really long flight.

Otherwise, The Hulu hotel is a comfortable, pleasant place to stay in Beijing. Totally recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TheHuLuHotel, Manager at The HuLu Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Anna,
Thank you like our hotel,hope we can still be your home in Beijing the next time.We are very sorry that let you wait for our open.Your review reminds us that we should let our guests konw the work time,and let them konw we will leave a staff on the reception if they arrive out of the work time that just need tell us in advance in any ways.Thanks your suggestion again and hope everything going very well with your trip.^_^
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I used to leave in Beijing for almost 9 years. As a person who is quite familiar with this city and hoping the more and more people attracted by the city, I’m really happy to see this kind of nice place appearing in Beijing. This time I back to Beijing is for friends gethering events. For this pleasure trip my husband and I really want choose some place special, not for brands hotels or chain hotel, so we chose this court yard hutong hotel. We found it closed to history and culture and it really shows a different hotel style.

The hotel is located in the definite heart of the city and it is convenient to go any place by taxi or subway. I chose the room on the south side because the booking website offered a good deal on the room during that period. The rooms fare is including the breakfast which is really cost-effective. The breakfast were simple but enough to support my day of energy. Actually I was quite enjoying the breakfast time in Hutong for a peaceful morning.

On the first day we arrive, after check in I surprisingly found there are hundreds of movies in the TV box, which attracted me watching movies during that night. The bed is made of wood and the mattress is extremely comfortable made me good sleeps. The bath towers are soft and thick, and the bath products are from L'Occitane. The hotel staffs are warm and nice. They are happy to help with your questions and willingly to talk with you about the hotel, the city, even their lives in Beijing.

This is a definite good place to stay in Beijing if you would like to have a special experience. I will definitely come again.

Room Tip: The staff in the hotel friendly showed me all the rooms. Although there are only 9 rooms in the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family had a wonderful time at the Hulu hotel. The room was comfy and stylish, with heat coming out of the floor, a good thing in a cold Beijing January. The staff was very attentive and friendly - we arrived quite late at night but they still came out to greet us. They were also very accommodating of our infant, who loved exploring the hotel grounds. The hotel itself is small and stylish - just nine rooms, making for a very personal experience. We liked to go up to the second floor lounge to view the courtyard roofs and say hi to some of the local cats who like to run across the rooftops. Take some time to walk around the neighborhood's streets, they are full of local character. The breakfast is also quite good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Linz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I can only recommend this hotel. Staff is very friendly, speaks English and is very helpful. You can ask them about how to get there etc. they will help you and organize it for you.

Really enjoyed staying there.

The room is big with a tube. Very clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is really a great experience. The Hulu Hotel is a cozy place, that makes you feel how is (or was) the real China. The room was very clean, and the heating system works perfect (the outside temperature reached -5ºC in the morning during my stay).
But the best by far, is the staff: Helpful, attentive, all of them speak very good english and they make you feel like at home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TheHuLuHotel, Manager at The HuLu Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your kindly comments. And don't leave your luggage in taxi again :P Hope everything goes well and take care :)

Been to The HuLu Hotel? Share your experiences!