I booked the Sunworld Hotel (not to be confused with the bigger/more prolific Sunworld Dynasty Hotel next door) for a 3 night/2day halt in Beijing. The hotel met my expectations and suited by requirements.
1. Location – very very well located, in the heart of the Beijing tourist district, a very short walk from the main shopping strip and night markets. There’s a bank (for $$) and a 711 (for cheap water and snacks) located opposite the hotel. I had trouble getting a taxi driver who 1.understood me and 2.knew where the hotel was, so better to ask the hotel for an address and driving instructions in Chinese before arriving at the airport.
2. Room – Basic, a little small, but good value. All the expected amenities. I was on the 6th floor, facing the back of the hotel, and the view was rubbish, but I hardly spent any time at all in the hotel, so no biggie. Bathroom was also fine (again a little small). Water pressure was good. Taps were a bit funny as they opened and closed in the opposite direction (hard to explain, you’ll understand when you use the tap), but again, no big issue.
3. Other services – I booked the hotel through Agoda and got the king inc breakfast (just because I didn’t know where I’d be able to get breakfast early in the morning before my tour commenced). Breakfast was basic continental buffet. Wifi in the hotel was free, but shocking reception in the room. I had to bring my laptop/phone etc down to the lobby in order to check my email. You’ll find that the lobby is often crowded with people trying to access wifi (and facebook!! – get a VPN before going to China). Checkin and out was smooth. The staff kept a “deposit” of CNY500, which they returned upon checkout, but it was a little annoying as I was headed straight for the airport, and so I didn’t get an opportunity to spend the cash.
Overall – good value for money, and a good base from which it was easy to explore Beijing. Recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Beijing Sunworld Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunworld Hotel (formerly the Tianlun Songhe Hotel) is located in the center of downtown Beijing at the corner of Wangfujing and Dengshikou (the “Golden Street” and “Silver Street” of Beijing). The hotel is near many famous historical and cultural landmarks, including the Forbidden City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunworld Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.