The only reason to stay there is if you MUST be close to western Beijin. Traffic is terrible, pick a hotel in area you want to be...
The hotel used to be nice, the lobby is grand, but it is really run down. The staff is very friendly, and tries to be helpful. There are limits though. The biggest issue is people smoking.
No smoking signs mean nothing. People smoke everywhere. A surprisingly high number of guests smoke in their rooms. They keep the door open to bring in the fresh air from the corridor! Really unbelievable.
When we arrived, we saw at least four rooms before settling. I am sure the fourth room was just as smoky as the first one (all on non smoking floors...) but we probably got used to the smell.
The hotel has all the four star amenities, minibar, safe, bathrobes, nice amenities, etc.
The concierge was very helpful.
They have a great buffet restaurant with asian and western specialties. Great breakfast.
A plus is a very large pool...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Presidential Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidential Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Presidential Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Presidential Hotel
- Presidential Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Presidential Plaza Beijing