“Elegant hotel..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metropark Lido Hotel

Save Saved
You added Metropark Lido Hotel to your Saves list
Metropark Lido Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.6 Jiangtai Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China (Formerly Holiday Inn Lido) (Jiuxianqiao)   |
Ranked #113 of 5,111 hotels in Beijing
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Elegant hotel..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had stayed in Lido for 3 days during my visit in Beijing. Rooms were clean and neat. Overall stay experience was comfortable.Helpfull & courteous staff. What i find bit difficult was restaurant and shoping areas are a bit complex to locate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday in Beijing. We are absolutely delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

We were particularly happy to read that we truly made a difference during your stay. One of the key factors motivating us to be courteous and caring is to know that our guests truly apreciate our hard work and efforts. Your feedback has certainly done that.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited BJ for one night trip . I used to live in Beijing for many years, and realized that this is the perfect hotel to access to wherever you want to go in this big city.The only problem is; the building is quite old.
However,for shopping and eating out, everything good is in walking dsitance. Besides, huge shopping mall was built nearby recently.
I would choose to come back when I visit Beijing next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Beijing and are delighted to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations.
I hope you had an enjoyable remainder of your trip through China and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the not-too-distant future.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference (so I'm relieved that I didn't have to pay).
The room was clean and very well maintained. However, it did have a faint cigarette smell, but very faint. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've ever been on - no kidding.
For some strange reason, the house keeping like to change and launder regardless of the do not disturb sign or the fact that I want to adhere to their pleas of saving water and re-using towels - strange.
Make sure you get the breakfast buffet. A great selection.
Just behind the hotel you have some stores, a few bars, a starbucks and a great Indian restaurant.
The location is within 20-30 of the airport and well located to the main attractions.
The hotel staff are helpful, polite and are reasonably knowledgable about the local area.
Another thing to mention is the security - All guests are given a room card which is required to use the elevators so if you're being chased by a gang trying to steal your lunch money, you can easily get away.

Across the road of the hotel is a number of bars and restaurants so if you get tired of the hotel, you can check them out.

Take note, that during rush hour the area near the front of the hotel can get congested, but it's not as bad as some other parts of Beijing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
graceliu0701, Sales & Marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear guest,
Firstly, Thank you very much for haveing taken the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.
We really feel sorry about thecigarette smell. Please accept our apologies, and I have addressed your concern with our House keeping Manager and ensure you we will implement all measures to prevent a similar incident from happening.
At the same time,we hope that this incident will not prevent you of staying with Metropark Lido hotel Beijing in the future.
Warm regards,
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I first stayed at the Lido in 2000, and while the rooms have been upgraded, it has not changed over the years. It is still a good place to use as a base, and is popular for businessmen. The level of English of the staff has improved but it is still a challenge to be understood. The buffet breakfast is quite good, but I would avoid dinner there. The Sichuan restaurant across the road has been there for years and serves up really nice (spicy) food at a very reasonable cost. Back to the Lido - the rooms are well furbished and clean.

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Metropark Lido hotel Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor as our old friend.
At lido hotel, our mission is to completely delight and satisfy our guests, make them feel home away from home.Therefor, we'll try our best to improve our English to supply our best service!
We hope we will have the chance to service you again!
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the Lido for nearly three weeks, I found the staff very good if not excellant. My room was comfortable and very clean...even had my bed turned down a couple of times. For the first week I didn't even venture out, the offices I worked were in the same complex...The gym is good, equipment was well maintained. All the staff smiled and greeted me, speaking English was never an issue to them. All I can say is I had an excellant stay and will return to the Lido if my job calles me back to Beijing in the future...which it will.....See you there...

Room Tip: The room that I was given was excellent...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Metropark Lido Hotel ( Former Holiday Inn Lido) Beijing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing as well as for your feedback following your recent stay. We very much appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We are truly delighted to learn that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations during your recent visit. Your positive remarks are gratifying and encouraging for our colleagues to continually enhance their performance. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again to lido Beijing in the near future.
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is huge and dated. When I stayed there, it was supposedly fully booked which is why they gave me a smoking room instead of a non-smoking room. To begin with, they lied and said the room they gave me was non-smoking. (They just removed the ashtrays and sprayed a chemical to mask the stench of cigarette smoke.) When I complained about the first room, they said that there were no more non-smoking rooms left in the hotel. I persisted so they moved me to another room but it was smokier than the first one. I complained yet again and they said there was nothing they could do. I persisted and was finally given a non-smoking room which was fine. I hated being lied to about the hotel being fully booked when, in the end, there was a non-smoking room available. The rooms were okay at best, but expensive for what you got. The front desk, were not very helpful and didn't care about whether or not guests were happy or comfortable. The breakfast was huge but basic. The gym was good. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you are a smoker.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Metropark Lido hotel Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
Firstly, I feel sorry about your unhappy experience about your room. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by one of my colleagues . I have addressed your concern with our Front Office Manager and ensure you we will implement all measures to prevent a similar incident from happening.
Warm regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was big and comfortable. Travelling as a family of 5 we needed 2 rooms. Initially they could not provide adjoining rooms and although we requested non-smoking, we were put in smoking rooms. Given that it was about midnight when we checked in, we couldn't change rooms until the next morning. The adjoining rooms we moved to on the 2nd day were non-smoking and comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was good - the kids loved the waffles, and the omelettes were good too.
The complex had a range of restaurants and an outdoor eating/bar area which was good for the kids to stretch their legs. The pool also was enjoyed.
Although out of the city centre, the hotel was near the airport expressway which was handy and reasonably easy going to the Great wall and other attractions.
Within walking distance of the hotel were some good eateries, day-spa's and a small indoor market which were the cheapest we have encountered in Asia.
Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor appears to be the smoking rooms. Level 3 was non-smoking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
graceliu0701, Sales & marketing at Metropark Lido Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at Metropark Lido Hotel Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We would like to thank you for having chosen Metropark Lido as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and your positive comments regarding the rooms and breakfast.
We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

Been to Metropark Lido Hotel? Share your experiences!