“Nice but not great ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing

You added Hilton Beijing to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Dong Fang Road, North Dong Sanhuan Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027, China (Yansha)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #66 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice but not great ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I haven't stayed at a Hilton for a while but being my birthday and a public holiday here in Beijing I thought I'd give it a try. The room was spacious and nice but overly priced. The bathtub which I loved didn't drain properly which was annoying. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and service pretty good. My fiancée and I ate at two restaurants. The more western One East was very good with excellent steak. The other resteursnt was just ok.
There's a nice pool but it's not the easiest to get in and out of but it was nice to escape from Beijing proper.
The front desk staff was courteous and checking in efficient.
Thus is a nice hotel but not one of the best in Beijing.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Internet connection was slow during my stay. I had trouble calling with Skype, Whatsapp and wechat which use so minimum bandwidth. The service from the staffs in the hotel was somehow neutralize the experience to pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Stefan_Schmid, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear stevensee,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Hilton Beijing.I do apologize that we are not able to meet your expectations with our Wifi. Kindly be informed when you join our HHonors loyalty program and reach the Gold tier status our internet will be provided on a complimentary basis. We thank you again for your time and valuable insights and looking forward to hear from you. The team and I are hope you will give us another opportunity to stay with us in the not distant future.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice accomodations and very good executive lounge and the people in the executive lounge take service to a very high level. But down on the floor (front desk and especially the concierge desk) they need some help, big time. I never have had issues with a Hilton concierge until now. Restaurant reservations were not made....or were they? (they didn't call me until two days later and about 5 minutes before I was supposed to be at the restaurant). Side trip to Xian? Only one is the organized tour they promote (rather easy to take a high speed train to see the Terra Cotta warriors as I found out myself). Need help with a tailor? They will give you the tailor's card, but they won't call on your behalf. And I won't mention what unsanitary thing I saw the concierge doing. Middle of Beijing on a crowded street, sure. But behind the concierge desk in the early evening? Gross!
There are quite a few choices of hotels in Beijing, including others in the Hilton network. Unless you know you will be upgraded to the executive tower, not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Inluvwithjapan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Hilton Beijing. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the team and services provided in our executive lounge. I do apologize that we are not able to meet your expectations. As we don’t have your personal details I appreciate if you could share with met more details about the challenges you faced at the concierge in order investigate and improve. My personal email address is stefan.schmid@hilton.com . In the meantime I have shared your feedback with our department head and we focus on our training to improve the services on offer.

I am looking forward to receive your additional information and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to stay with us when your travel brings you to Beijing in the future.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is nice, but I requested an upgrade as I am a Diamond Member for Hilton and didn't get it. They would not move me to the Executive tower and when We went to breakfast in the Exective area I was asked multiple times if I had access here. Also, hair dryer in the room didn't work for my wife and they left us molded strawberries in our room which we didn't touch. Lastly, when we came home from dinner we went to get a drink and dessert, the drinks were over $20 US which is extremely high for a couple Jack and Cokes and then dessert was hard like it was stale. Overall we weren't impressed but not sure what the expectations should have been.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Sjwiden,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Hilton Beijing. I do apologize that we are not able to meet your expectations with our services. As we see our Hilton Honors Members' feedbacks importantly, we would like to help you find out the reason you failed to get a upgrade. We also apologize for our in-room services.I appreciate if you could share with us your expectations related to the drinks and desserts, in order to improve the variety; my personal email address is stefan.schmid@hilton.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A great hotel with good services and ammenities in crowded Beijing. The recently incorporated Pure air in some rooms is great.
As a Hilton Diamond member I have access to the exclusive Executive building, new and big rooms and a great lounge!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Elio B,

Greetings from Hilton Beijing! Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you like our services on offer as well as our allergy free PURE room. I have shared your comment with our team members and they were very pleased. We thank you again for your valuable insights and look forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Beijing.

Prangins, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Hotel is located approx 30 km from the international airport. You need between 30 and 90 minutes drive by taxi depending on traffic. Taxi fare is maximum 100 RMB. Nice and big room (No 1914). Good sanitary equipment (separate bath and shower). Kind and professionnal check in/check out. Very helpful. Breakfast buffet (included in the room price) was splendid and good. Large choice of food. There is a problem with the wifi: you can get it for free in the lobby, but the quality is poor. If you want wifi in you room you have to pay RMB 100 p/day !!!! Crazy isnt it ? We are in 2015 : Wifi must be free of charge in a business hotel like this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Henri H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Hilton Beijing. We are pleased to know that you like our variety on breakfast, services provided by our front desk team and our room.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you have a short (very short) business trip - go for this; conveniently located in Chaoyang District next to 798 Art District, on the gateway to the Industrial Sector with easy access to other marquee hotels around like the Westin and Mariott. But poor English skills of staff, bad food choices somehow mar the experience of long stay guests. Secure, not so quiet rooms, not enough pillow choices - in my opinion - not so much value for money. Great for short business trips but otherwise try someplace else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Executive Tower offer better amenities
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Stefan_Schmid, General Manager at Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Suparno67,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Hilton Beijing. I do apologize that we are not able to meet your expectations. Your feedback has been share with the team and we will continuously focus to train our team on the English knowledge. I appreciate if you could share with us your expectations related to the food selection as well as your pillow requirements, in order to improve the variety; my personal email address is stefan.schmid@hilton.com
Stefan Schmid

Been to Hilton Beijing? Share your experiences!