“a great business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Beijing

You added Grand Hyatt Beijing to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 East Chang'an Avenue, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100738, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #41 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 2,011 Reviews
New York City, New York
“a great business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent hotel in every aspect. Location fabulous. Walking distance to Forbidden city and Square. Opposite direction is Silk Market. Shopping mall with food under hotel. Pool fabulous. I stayed for one night on business , perfect. The staff went above and beyond for us. I will make it my hotel of choice on next visits

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle L, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for the 5-star rating, we are truly humbled. We are thrilled to hear that you had a splendid experience at Made in China and had thoroughly enjoyed the Peking Duck. Thank you for recommending Grand Hyatt Beijing for its fine restaurants and surroundings. Very warm wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently dined at the Grand Hyatt's Signature Restaurant "Made in China" for lunch and the Peking Duck was the best I have ever had. The whole dining experience was sensational and most definitely the best meal I had while I was in China. Would certainly recommend this as a place to enjoy and indulge in an array of fine food and surroundings.

Thanks Grand Hyatt for a such a pleasurable moment and one that I will never forget.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle L, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you reviewer for selecting Made in China. We are thrilled to hear that you had a sensational dining experience with us and had thoroughly enjoyed the food and restaurant ambiance. Made in China, our signature restaurant recently celebrated its 10th birthday and we are also very pleased to update you that it recently won a spot in “Elite Traveler & Laurent-Perrier Top 100 Restaurants in the world” list. Best wishes.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent hotel in every aspect. Location fabulous. Walking distance to Forbidden city and Square. Opposite direction is Silk Market. Shopping mall with food under hotel. Pool fabulous. We stayed here three nights in the family two bedroom suite, perfect. The staff went above and beyond for us. We left expensive camera in coffee shop in mall and then left on a tour. The hotel went down and retrieved it for us. Then when we checked out and flew home. My daughter realized that she had left her brand new eye glasses in the hotel. They had them and couriered them back to the US for us. Hotel was worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are truly humbled by your superb review of Grand Hyatt Beijing's location, customer service and Two-Bedroom Suite. It was our pleasure to be of service and to ensure only the best Beijing memory and the smoothest trip for you and your family. Look forward to serving you in the future. Best wishes.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here as the final stop on our honeymoon trip in China. It didn't disappoint. We arrived really early from the overnight train in Xian, 8am, there was absolutely no problem for the reception (excellent English) to check us into our room at that time which was great. We were even able to make use of the breakfast in the excellent club lounge. The room was on the smaller size, but given the excellent, central location of the hotel (10 mins to Tiananmen square and Wangfujing on the doorstep this is to be expected) The room itself is modern, bright and very clean. Complimentary water daily provided. The swimming pool is like no other as mentioned in many previous reviews.

Room Tip: Would definitely pay extra again for a club room, the lounge is a great pit stop to get away from th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you reviewer for the 5-star rating. We are so happy to hear that you had enjoyed your honeymoon trip with us. Your complimentary review of Grand Hyatt Beijing's Grand Club Lounge, and the hotel's strategic location goes a long way in helping to promote our hotel internationally. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Warm regards.
shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Spending two nights here in the Grand Club, I can say it has one if the best spreads for cocktail hours I have seen in a long while. The staff are pleasant yet professional. The swimming pool is amazing....never seen anything like this anywhere done to an indoor pool. It's very relaxing and calming listening to the sounds of frogs and crickets. Great location for business and yet equally nice for just a short getaway.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
We are thrilled to hear that you and your partner had enjoyed your stay with us, and had especially enjoyed our cocktail menu and Club Oasis' swimming pool. Thank you for the 5-star rating and the compliments, we are most humbled. Look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing. Best regards.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel overseas for business at least 3-4 a year, and I have been an avid SPG member for a long time, and the Westin hotel has always been the primary choice . Guess what? No more!! Hyatt has won me over. I had the best experience EVER staying over at Beijing's Grand Hyatt.

During my trip to Beijing China in August, I had a choice between staying over at the Westin and Hyatt. We went with the Grand Hyatt because my business associate was curious about Hyatt's famous resort swimming pool. Plus, I had some mileage credit that I had to use by the end of the month. Even with the incentives, I ended up doing a lot of research before making the reservation, because I am very choosy as to where to stay on a business trip, especially in China.

I always enjoyed Westin's executive lounge. I wanted to experience Hyatt's.

The check-in process was extremely easy and pleasant. At the counter, I asked for an upgrade to the club lounge, but was denied, because the room in my reservation did not qualify for the upgrade. Just when I was frustrated and disappointed to no end, Mr. Thomas Schmidt the front office manager showed up and patiently explained the situation to me, and then to my surprise, gave us access to the club lounge, just like that. I wasn't ready for such generous gesture, and was speechless for at least 10 seconds. Thomas went on to introducing the different amenities the hotel has to offer, and I told him Hyatt would be the hotel of my choice from now on.

Our room was very clean, and had everything we needed, including free wifi. After dropping off our luggage, we went straight to the club lounge for the happy hour. With lounge access, you get free made to order breakfast buffet, all day snacking, and happy hour. It's a perfect place to meet with business associates.

That same night, we went to try out the famous swimming pool. It was AMAZING! I normally do not take a dip in any public pools because I'm a germaphobe, but I went for this one. For one thing, this pool uses the ozone sanitation system for disinfection. Another reason is that the pool it just so beautiful that I just couldn't resist. Highly recommended.

The next morning we had our breakfast at the lounge. Here I want to thank Ms. Bella Bai for being such a graceful host. She spoke almost perfect English and was just so wonderful. Her mannerism and professionalism really should be followed by other hotel chains in Beijing.

Overall, the three-day stay was the best I had in China. I have to say the services at Hyatt beats Westin by far. Westin Beijing (the one by Chaoyang) was never accommodating, and really didn't care about customer satisfaction.

After I came back to the US, I cancelled my SPG amex, and applied for the Hyatt card with Chase. I look forward to staying over at the Grand Hyatt in many years to come. Thank you Thomas and Bella!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michelle L, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much dear viewer for this superb and incredibly detailed review on Grand Hyatt Beijing. We really appreciate your time in reviewing us on Tripadvisor and will certainly strive to maintain our delivery of top notch service and hospitality. Look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my favorite hotel of our 3 hotel stay in China. The towels will soft and thick, the bed firm, and the amenities great. We had a big spacious room and the view was gorgeous. We did have a leak in the ceiling above the tub, that really wasn't handled well by the hotel. They offered to move us to a better room late in the evening where we had just that night and the next night to go. It just seemed like a big hassle to pack and move just to do it again the next day since we were leaving at 6am. It would have been nice if they tried to compensate in another way since we didn't accept the room upgrade. The breakfast buffet was beyond. They had everything you could want and more. It isn't cheap, breakfast for 2 was about 500RMB, but this was still less than other hotels. I would go back again and would choose Grand Hyatt in other cities.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle L, Manager at Grand Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
We are truly humbled to be your favourite hotel during your stay in China. At the same time, we are extremely sorry to hear about the leak and please be assured that your valuable comment has been communicated to the relevant operation departments for further improvement in process. We very much appreciate your review on Tripadvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Been to Grand Hyatt Beijing? Share your experiences!