Tip: If you are arriving at Beijing Capital International Airport, reserve the Grand Hyatt transportation, particularly the meet and greet service. I was met at the aircraft's air bridge by a hotel representative who, while carrying my hand luggage, took me quickly through immigration, onto the train to the main terminal then baggage collection. After customs it was along a side corridor, down a service lift and into the waiting limousine. From leaving the aircraft to speeding along a motorway from the airport less than 30 stress free minutes. The driver phoned the hotel to say we were en route then again just before reaching the hotel. On arrival I was met by a young lady who took me directly to my room then said I could complete registration in the Grand Club later, as we spoke my luggage arrived. After a long flight this service alone deserves 5 stars.
The Grand Hyatt is a large hotel sitting beside a shopping mall and within a 15 minute walk to the Forbidden City. I had an 8 night stay in a Club Deluxe King on the seventeenth floor. I thought this was a superb room with bedroom, living room, bathroom and a small kitchen, although I didn’t see any need for this kitchen. Perhaps guests with children might find it useful, I used the fridge for keeping water cold. The Grand Club lounge is an excellent facility, decent breakfast then somewhere comfortable for a coffee or soft drink during the day before drinks and canapés in the evening. I found Grand Club staff a pleasure to deal with, friendly, efficient, nothing was too much trouble. This wasn’t just confined to the Grand Club; every member of the staff I encountered was a credit to the hotel and deserves praise.
Dining, I visited several of the hotel restaurants. Redmoon, good if a little expensive, Made in China, very good, try the Peking duck, Grand Café, a mixture of cuisines and very good. I used room service on several occasions and found this to be excellent, a mixed menu and well priced.
I used the hotel limousine service when I checked out for a transfer beck to Beijing airport. Again faultless, fast and efficient
Do I recommend the Grand Hyatt Beijing, yes? Would I use this hotel again, why not, for me it was faultless.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Grand Hyatt Beijing Hotel
- Beijing Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Beijing
- Beijing Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Beijing is one of the finest hotels in Beijing and indeed China. In the prestigious Oriental Plaza in the centre of Beijing, the hotel is just minutes' walk from Tian An Men Square, the Forbidden City, the city centre and the Wang Fu Jing shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao and Venere so you can book your Grand Hyatt Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.