The best thing about this hotel is its location, being a comfortable walk to the Forbidden City and Tianamen square. The accommodations are up to the standard one would expect from a Grand Hyatt and the service is very good. They even have a chap (not the main doorman) who stands in the windy vestible to the below floor shoping mall and opens the door as you approach.
Nearby shoping offers everything you could want and the concierge desk is happy to point you in the direction of various markets as well as organising appropriate transport.
While we were there my husband had to see a doctor and one of the staff actually accompanied him across the street to the hospital and ensured he was seen very quickly without any problems re the language barrier.
We were also pleasantly surprised at the cost of eating in the hotel the couple of evenings we were too tired to go out. It certainly isn't cheap by Chinese standards but in comparison to similar hotels in Australia it was quite reasonable.
We felt the rooms were a comfortable size and I was glad I didn't take the upgrade to the club/executive level. My only problem was that my husband checked in and signed off on a rate that was more than that I had booked. Fortunately I had a hard copy of the booking confirmation and the manager was very co-operative in ammending the rate to the one I had booked.
It is probably also worth noting that Westerners tend to be targeted for minor scams by various individuals who hang around outside the hotel e.g. the struggling university student who wanted to take us to his "professors'" studio to look at his artwork..... the same artwork that abounds in all the markets! Of course these scams are not confined to the Hyatt and it is just something to be aware of in Beijing.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Grand Hyatt Beijing Hotel
- Beijing Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Beijing
- Beijing Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Beijing is one of the finest hotels in Beijing and indeed China. In the prestigious Oriental Plaza in the centre of Beijing, the hotel is just minutes' walk from Tian An Men Square, the Forbidden City, the city centre and the Wang Fu Jing shopping street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Amex, Expedia, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.