“Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.48 Wangfujing Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #84 of 5,311 hotels in Beijing
Santa Ana, California
“Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Beijing Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel within a couple kilometers of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square and couple blocks of Wangfujing Pedestrian Mall.

The staff was helpful at check-in. The bell staff took my bags to my room without asking when I arrived by taxi. The concierge helped me with any request, such as booking my bullet train pass from Beijing to Shanghai.

The standard rooms are normal sized, meaning not very big. But, this is not an issue at all. The bed was comfortable, not too firm and not too soft. The TV offers CCTV, CNN International, BBC News, HBO, ESPN, and other various Asian networks. The bathroom was clean and nice. There are free bottles of water for drinking as drinking from the faucet is not advised in China. There is a laundry wire in the shower so you can dry your clothes if necessary.

The gym upstairs is small, but they have free hand weights, a couple treadmills, and a couple bikes. You can get an adequate work out in before the day starts. There is a pool, but it's not long enough to get some quality laps in. It's cool for the kids to splash around in. There is a whirlpool.

Our reservation included a breakfast buffet each morning. It's a combination of western and eastern breakfast options. I had an omelet and bowl of noodle soup each morning. I was very happy with the options and quality.

The lobby lounge area has free wifi, but it's slow by my standards. The mixed drinks offered were not that great. The staff had a hard time understanding what a rum & coke is... If you know of a better bar nearby, I recommend that.

Overall, it's a very good hotel, and I recommend it to anyone staying in Beijing for holiday or business.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better. Our rooms faced the exterior of the hotel, but some face the interi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location, staff service, room facilities and breakfast. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your comments to swimming pool water temperature and internet service, and mixed drinks and staff English communication, we have taken up the matter with our hotel management team. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. We will continue to provide training, as we always do to the staff to keep improving the service standard. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

1,011 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the Wanfujing shopping area. The hotel room is OK, the furniture and bed seem dated. The breakfast was very good; good selection of food at their buffet.

The staff is excellent!!! I accidentally left my laptop power cord in the hotel room. When I got back home, I emailed them to ask if they had it and they did. They were very prompt in responding to my emails and they sent the power cord back to me. I paid for the shipping of course but I just loved the fact that the staff was so incredibly good about answering emails and sending it back to me. I really appreciate their efforts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location, room and food. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful for getting back your laptop power cord. Thank you for your sincere comments and we will continue to provide excellent service in the future.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my first business trip here in Beijing and I just wanted a hotel with a good central location for ease of travel. Exterior needs improvement, rooms are comfy and overall service of the reception and concierge was wonderful.

Really appreciate their friendliness and English was good. Food at the restaurant fell short of expectation though, wanted to order a lunch-in but food took exceptionally long and tastes avg. for a 5-star hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location, room and service. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your comments to our exterior improvement and food service, we have taken up the matter with our hotel management team. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Miami, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very good location, good breakfast, can be considered a 4.5 * but furniture and carpet rather old, reception is very small, tv old in standard rooms, room size is standard Crown Plaza - small compared to other 5* brands. Deluxe rooms same size but new TV. If clients want a very good location reasonably priced hotel (sometimes cheaper if booked via Internet), it is a good choice.

Room Tip: non--smoking rooms a must.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location, breakfast. Regarding your comments to our facilities, we have taken up the matter with our hotel management team. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great Hotel with very convenient location next to the trendiest shopping strip in Beijing and pedestrian zoned. Breakfast is delicious. Airport bus stops right outside-DON'T get the horrendously expensive taxi's from the airport.The limousine bus is $8 with big recliner leather seats.The room was spacious, spotless and functional. The shower was huge and have all required amenities

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience.
We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our location, breakfast and facilities.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip and I was very pleased with this hotel. It is very centrally located, clean and the staff do try and speak English as best they can.
I liked the choice of restaurants in the hotel and the range of food options available - there were both Asian and European options. I thought the evening buffet was particularly good value.

There is no need to pay for in room internet, there is free wifi access in the large seating area in the Atrium which served the purposes admirably on this trip. Drink prices were not unreasonable so a drink and an evening email catch up was a pleasant way to spend the time

I would have liked the hotel bellman to be a little more proactive in supporting their guests in making sure taxi drivers understood where the guest wanted to go. Unfortunately one of the taxis the hotel arranged for us tried to scam us big time by resetting his meter so an attempt was made to charge us RM200 for a journey the hotel confirmed would be RM75. I know the hotels is not accountable for Chinese taxi drivers, but perhaps they could be a little more assertive ie confirming with the driver, I have just advised these guests the fare to X will be Y so the driver knows the line.

Some of the guests seemed to have left their manners at home, but it was nice to see the waitstaff, particularly the breakfast chef, handle the issue very quietly, subtly and well.

The concierge was particularly helpful, although the young staff who covered when he was not around were much less obliging however, each time when we reminded them what had previously been agreed with the concierge the matter was addressed (the young ones seemed to be always looking to charge higher costs etc, maybe they did not know prices or maybe......)

All in all, I would come back to this hotel again if my trips bring me to Beijing

Room Tip: Although I had a street side room, there was no noise from below
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location, staff service, food. We are also very happy to know that our concierge colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your suggestion to our service, we have taken up the matter with our hotel operation team. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Flat Rock, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked this hotel after recently staying in a excellent Crowne Plaza in another part of China. I was hoping to have a similar experience but alas, I was disappointed. Walking into the hotel it looks beautiful but then you check in....

First let's start with the positives. Location was GREAT and the hotel was clean, for the most part. OK, now moving on to the negatives. Service was good but didn't seem as professional as it should have been. Arriving in the room I could see time had taken its toll. The TV was pretty run down and the reception was shoddy. The beds were a little sunken in and the desk/counter running along the wall had water stains. The easy chair also had stains but I cannot attest to what they were from. The pool is small and run by the Swimming Nazi. He was always telling us to stop something (nothing to do with safety). I could not quite figure it out but I think he wanted to make sure nobody had any fun, especially my 3 kids. Be sure to note internet access is $20 USD A DAY and the breakfast buffet is almost $30 USD per person. Overall, I have had better experiences at a Super 8. This hotel needs a renovation and customer service training.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location. At the same time, we regret to learn that you had a less than a satisfactory experience for our facilities and service. We have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. We will continue to provide training, as we always do to the staff to keep improving the service standard. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Kind regards.

Been to Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!