The Beijing Crowne Plaza is a nice hotel within a couple kilometers of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square and couple blocks of Wangfujing Pedestrian Mall.
The staff was helpful at check-in. The bell staff took my bags to my room without asking when I arrived by taxi. The concierge helped me with any request, such as booking my bullet train pass from Beijing to Shanghai.
The standard rooms are normal sized, meaning not very big. But, this is not an issue at all. The bed was comfortable, not too firm and not too soft. The TV offers CCTV, CNN International, BBC News, HBO, ESPN, and other various Asian networks. The bathroom was clean and nice. There are free bottles of water for drinking as drinking from the faucet is not advised in China. There is a laundry wire in the shower so you can dry your clothes if necessary.
The gym upstairs is small, but they have free hand weights, a couple treadmills, and a couple bikes. You can get an adequate work out in before the day starts. There is a pool, but it's not long enough to get some quality laps in. It's cool for the kids to splash around in. There is a whirlpool.
Our reservation included a breakfast buffet each morning. It's a combination of western and eastern breakfast options. I had an omelet and bowl of noodle soup each morning. I was very happy with the options and quality.
The lobby lounge area has free wifi, but it's slow by my standards. The mixed drinks offered were not that great. The staff had a hard time understanding what a rum & coke is... If you know of a better bar nearby, I recommend that.
Overall, it's a very good hotel, and I recommend it to anyone staying in Beijing for holiday or business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on bustling Wangfujing Avenue, Crowne Plaza Beijing stands in the heart of the city s vibrant shopping and international business centers, such as Oriental Plaza, Financial Street and CBD. The hotel is Just 45 minutes drive from Beijing International Airport and 15 minutes from Beijing Railway Station with easy highway access to Shenyang, Tianjin and Shijiazhuang. Just a 10-minute stroll or taxi ride will bring you to the magnificent Forbidden City and other historical landmarks including Tiananmen Square, Great Hall of the People, Temple of Heaven and Lama Temple.At each memorable day s end, ours is a familiar, friendly face welcoming you with all the comforts of home. In Beijing, you ll agree that The Place To Meet is Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing