“Lovely hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

You added Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.48 Wangfujing Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #83 of 5,424 Hotels in Beijing
4.0 of 5 stars 1,092 Reviews
“Lovely hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotels facade does not prepare you for the delightful interior. The main bar and restaurant area is set as if in a courtyard with spectacular lighting and decorations. The room was large and comfortable with a huge bed. Bar prices were a little expensive but to be expected in a 5 star hotel. There were 3 different choices of dining and the menus were varied. Breakfast was spectacular. My only gripe would be the wi-fi. What appeared to be in expensive turned out to be otherwise as the connection was slow and and times non existent. In summary a great hotel in a great location.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. regarding your comment to our WIFI service, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After backpacking around Thailand this hotel was such a relief, all of the amenities of a nice hotel, nice beds, big bathroom with robes and the works. The front desk staff were very pleasant and whenever I needed help getting around the city concierge was very helpful. The location is great you can walk to the Forbidden City and Tienamen Square, Temple of Heaven, Pearl Market and many more, and the hotel can arrange taxis to take you to other sights. The lobby is great for unwinding after a long day of sight seeing and the continental buffet breakfast was really good! If I am lucky enough to come back to Beijing I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it for sure!

Room Tip: We had a 2 bed room and added a third and it fit fine!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. And we are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The front desk, most of the bellhops, and the concierge speak English. Most of them are very formal and professional when helping. Not overly friendly like the hotel I stayed at in Shanghai, but that's not a big deal. I was still able to get the information I needed from the staff.

The room I reserved was the King bed superior room. The cost per night on Orbitz.com was $74.04 per night, and I stayed for 5 nights. There is a gym, a spa, a hot tub, and a pool at this hotel.

The hotel was clean. The drainage for the sink kept making a noise. The water did have a slight smell of smoke or something. The bed was nice and comfortable and there were no stains on the sheets.

This location is about 5 minutes from the pedestrian street and about 8 minutes from the night street market with the scorpions, starfish, snakes, and other good stuff. This hotel is also about 15 to 20 minutes from Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.

I would recommend staying at this hotel. It was clean for a great price and a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. It’s a great pleasure to learn that the hotel impressed you deeply. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay.
Regarding your comment to our drainage, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities.
Thank you for your sincere comments and we will continue to provide excellent service in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

During my trip to Beijing I was making the best of my time and made sure to see all the sites this wonderful city has to offer. To do so I wanted a hotel that was conveniently located and could grant me access to all these sites and still keep my comfort of my hotel room within reach.

The Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing has a great location and it was very nice to see all sites being so nearby. The concierge was very helpful and even spoke english. Sadly every time i did ask for a taxi i noticed I was always given the expensive "Black Limo" taxi which for me also looking at my budget was not always what i wanted. Shouldn't I be asked an option?

The breakfast offers were good but nothing really special or anything that "blew me away" and I was hoping to see some great local treats in there, but sadly no. Even though some girls were very polite, smiles were not that easy to see. Is everybody unhappy to work on the holiday or is this just their attitude?

Going for a coffee in the beautiful attrium which reminds me back in the contemporary art neuvo style, i liked looking around and having real daylight come donw on me while sitting down. The service was not very attentive, i almost wanted to the waitress myself to be seen and receive my coffee. Again a question, would they not like to have costumers?

As for the price and the room, I have no real complaints. The pricing is very reasonable and the rooms are clean and tidy and provide all you need. Ofcourse it is noticeable that the hotel is dated but still it weights of to the great benefit of location and still quality of Food and Drinks.

If the staff would just be a bit more attentive and pay more attention then my stay would have been perfect. It did not affect my trip to Beijing in whole but just like to remind as a frequent traveller that service is the most important part of a guest experience. Would I go back again? Sure, why not! Would i consider other options if i return? Yes, why not!!! (I was not convinced this was the bst stay) but i allow the hotel another chance when i return to leave a good impression.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location. Our apologies for falling short on the service behaviour in the restaurant and Atrium Lounge. We have taken up the matter with the Food and Beverage team to ensure we maintain our service standards at all times – as may be expected from any Crowne Plaza hotel. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. We truly appreciate your kind support as our guest. Please do stay with us again on a next visit to Beijing and we promise your next stay will be a great experience.

Best regards.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is well situated in Beijing - close to all of the tourist locales, as well as reasonably close to business venues. The hotel is older, but the rooms were renovated approx 5 years ago (I believe). The food is great (great continental breakfast), and the staff are keen to please.

This was my second stay here, and I will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side can see the forbidden city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a well located hotel positioned conveniently for the main Wangfujing Street shops and amenities. It is about 20 minutes’ walk from the Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City. It is best to visit Tiananmen Square first then walk across the road to Forbidden City as the Forbidden City exit is a good distance back to Tiananmen sq.
The main lobby area of the hotel is spacious and pleasant. It is comfortable to sit and relax with a drink or have a meal. English is quite well spoken at the hotel. I found that the reception team, concierge and door staff to be fantastic, better than any other hotel I have stayed at in a non English speaking country. They were all very kind and helpful and had good language skills. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very pleased to help us whatever our query or problem. If I was going to visit Beijing again I would choose this hotel, for that reason.
We did stay at the hotel twice on our trip, the first time in a king club room which was lovely and fresh looking, the second time was at a standard room which was a little bit jaded, I suspect that some of the rooms will be needing a facelift soon. Perhaps this is already underway as our club room was very nice.
Food and drink at the hotel are quite expensive; however they are at all hotels we stayed at in China. Wine is particularly expensive throughout China, as is Western food. The quality of the hotel food is very good and the serving staff pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. Regarding standard room and the price of food and beverage you mentioned in your comment, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spent four nights at this hotel during a business trip. Ideally located at Wangfujing, a main shopping street in Beijing. The hotel is quite dated and an number of negatives could be stated e.g. carpet stains, dirt on furniture etc. Really could do with a thorough steam clean. The lobby lounge and café were ok. Staff are quite attentive, especially the check-in staff. Internet is not free in-room, and costs CNY150 per day for access. Quite expensive, as in other hotels of this standard internet is often free. There is a McDonalds and 7/11 not too far away - if I had taken both the internet and breakfast package it would have added around 50% extra to my room rate. The design of the hotel means that half of the rooms face an internal atrium. I would prefer a view to the street. Concierge was very helpful arranging taxis and cars for airport transfers and business meetings. In general, I think this hotel struggles to uphold the Crowne Plaza brand standard and I wouldn't be surprised if significant renovations are undertaken in the near future. If location is important, this will override the state of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you prefer a fresh air outlook (if such is possible in Beijing), then ask for a room facing the s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel. We are also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your comment to our room facility, cleaning and internet, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future.
Kind regards.

Been to Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!