I spent two nights in this hotel late June after missing a flight and being accidentally stranded in Beijing. It is a decent hotel with good service. Despite that its age starts to show here and there, the hotel has a certain charm from the 70s and 80s.
- The location is pretty central, 3 subway stops to Tienanmen Square/Forbidden City (you can actually walk to Tienanmen, it takes about 20-25 minutes), plenty of taxis at the entrance, and some major bus lines stop right in front. Also, Beijing's main railway station is just 3 minutes by walk.
- It is easy to get here from the airport via Airport Shuttle Bus no. 3, that drops you off right at the hotel.
- Free, relatively fast wireless internet is available in the rooms.
- Reception staff/Concierge are helpful and friendly.
- Huge, American-style breakfast is served in the morning - a great way to start your day.
- Bathroom needs some upgrading - the one in my room was clean, but clearly showed its age.
- They give 2 small bottles of water as complimentary (which is nice), but put a few bottles of Evian next to your bed - with a price tag of RMB 60 (which is a ripoff, as even at the airport you can buy bottled water for RMB 3-4). Buy your water elsewhere!
Overall a nice experience - I would not hesitate staying here again.
- Get a southward-looking room at at higher floor to have a great view.
- You can buy bottled water...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.