Whenever I visit Beijing I chose the Shangri-La Kerry Center hotel. While not adjacent to the Forbidden City/ Wangfujing where many tourists go, this hotel has a lot to offer. First, this is an excellent luxury hotel. Second this hotel is 2 block walk to my favorite Beijing restaurant, Xiao Wang's. Third, the sky bridge from this hotel goes into the China World center where many shops are located, including a lovely grocery (Ole) and Starbucks to mention a few. The hotel is adjacent to the Third Ring Road so it is easy to get around and also very close to a metro station. It is also easier to get cabs at this hotel than it is at many others. The hotel staff was unfailingly helpful and courteous. The hotel seems to have a big business clientelle since those in the know recognize its value. They have a very nice Kerry Pantry which serves great sandwiches for a reasonable price. I would steer you away from the Kerry Kitchen however, as the breakfast bar and the dinner menu is extremely expensive, particularly since you can walk across the street and go to two or three restaurants where you can get great food for much less. The Kerry Center adjacent to the hotel is currently undergoing renovation, so some of the sports facilities are not available. However this should not last much longer. I really like this hotel and recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerry Hotel, Beijing, a stylish, modern luxury hotel, is situated in the Chaoyang district - Beijing's diplomatic, commercial and financial center. The city's popular historical sites, such as the Forbidden City, are also just short distances away, making it ideal for both business and leisure travelers. All 486 rooms and suites have a contemporary design with the comforts and conveniences of the ultra-modern home. It also boasts some of the largest conference facilities amongst hotels in Beijing.Situated in Beijing’s central business district and just 25 minutes from the international airport, Kerry Hotel, Beijing’s location is enhanced by its proximity to major cultural, shopping and entertainment sites.The hotel’s stylish interior is matched by modern day comforts such as complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the hotel, all 486 guestrooms, function space, and even in the limousines. Paperless check-in and check-out and complimentary mini bar upon arrival, are some of the hotel’s signature services.Wine and dine facilities are presented through four establishments. Kerry’s Kitchen delivers authentic Asian cuisine, while Kerry’s Pantry is a gourmet deli. The Horizon Chinese specialises in authentic Cantonese cuisine, along with Beijing and Sichuan signature dishes. An award-winning bar and lounge, Centro features live jazz, fine wines and real cocktails in a seductive atmosphere.With more than 6,000sqm of function space, the hotel is the preferred choice for star-studded galas, meetings and conventions. Spread across three levels at 6,000sqm, Kerry Sports features a 24-hour gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, multi-purpose courts and a recreation room, plus an outdoor jogging track. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Ctrip DaoDao and Jetsetter so you can book your Kerry Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Hotel
- Shangri La Kerry Centre Beijing