“Great hotel - service just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kerry Hotel Beijing

You added Kerry Hotel Beijing to your Saves list
Kerry Hotel Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Guanghua Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
SUITE INDULGENCE
Ranked #9 of 5,463 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saratoga, California
“Great hotel - service just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have been here a couple of times. The hotel is well located and I like going on runs from here towards the Tiananmen square and back. The room was good, had to discount it a bit as were was some construction across the street. I signed up for the 19th floor executive lounge which really paid off. It allowed me not only a great breakfast without going down to the main floor but also to stock up on water for the days adventures, but exec cost a bit. The service this time was pretty poor. I had to spend a great deal of time aligning at the desk to get what I wanted. The check in technology is also outdated and add to check in time. In addition I found the concierge was not that helpful.

Room Tip: check out the upgrade so you eat breakfast on the 19th floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
QuentinZeng, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear value guest, we are sincerely sorry for any inconvenient stay at Kerry Hotel, Beijing. I would like to being provide any help for your next stay and can be reached at quentin.zeng@thekerryhotels.com or 86 10 8565 2680 at your convenience. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was my second stay at The Kerry & I thoroughly enjoyed my 6 nights there again this time. The Horizon Club staff was super attentive & helpful. Breakfasts were plentiful with a lot of variety. The rooms were superbly laid out & more than comfortable. The location of the hotel is prime as well. You can easily walk to the Embassy zone from the hotel, as well as to the Silk Market for some quick shopping. No details were overlooked & everyone did their best to make me feel welcome at the hotel. I recommend this hotel for business travelers - You will love it here! Thanks in particular to Sooyoung, Charlotte, Sophie & Brenda for their friendly smiles, conversation & just for being so warm & nice towards me each time they saw me. They were very delightful & made my stay extra special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
QuentinZeng, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing Kerry Hotel, Beijing as your destination. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the services we provided. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Beijing!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I arrived Beijing on a Fri and as usual, called ad-hoc to make a room reservation at my usual 5-star hotel but to my surprise, it was fully booked! Couldn't get a room in any similar grade hotels nearby so decided to try Shangri-la which turned out to be a very lovely surprise. The moment the can driver pulled in, I knew this is what a typical Shangrila hotel will offer: one of the best you can ask for. Check-in was smooth and the front desk lady was very polite and spoke excellent English. She went on to tell me they're doing renovations now till next year so there may be noise in the morning (appreciated her honesty) but they can offer me another room if it becomes a problem (appreciated the pro-activeness). And she politely apologized a few times and walked me to the elevator. The room was very new with a bit of "new room smell" which I didn't mind too much. Very well-lit, clean and the light-colored wood veneer interior was chic and cozy. The bathroom had a hi-tech toilet with all kinds of buttons so that was sth fun for me to play with after a hectic night scrambling for a nice hotel room! The best thing was free in-room wi-fi which was really great since I know many five-star hotels in BJ still need you to pay for this which is ridiculous I think. Overall a very happy stay! I am definitely coming back and would highly recommend to all my friends (if they don't mind the renovation till next year).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
QuentinZeng, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed the stay with us and satisfied the services we provided. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Beijing.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Must say an high level hotel, with warm people, especially the kelly's kitchen (internatinal cuisin) and the 18th floor club are very well managed,

Very nice renewed rooms too.

I will aurelcome back again.

• Stayed August 2012
QuentinZeng, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed Kerry's Kitchen and The Club Lounge. Our staff there really take pride in providing great service. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Beijing.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for business. The rooms are top notch, even equipped with Toto electronic washlets in the bathrooms! Something you'd commonly see in Tokyo but also in Kerry Beijing!

Breakfast is top notch not to mention the selection and service which is always best of the best of Shangri-la. This alone might just make me switch back to Shangri-la brand and leave the rest behind.

Small thoughts go a long way. Equipped with full set stationery, ear buds next to bedside, etc. Not sure if this is Golden Circle privilege but I don't remember getting such treatment in the other Shangri-la.

• Stayed August 2012
Quentin Z, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for your positive feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our recently renovated facilities. We are glad that our breakfast continues to satisfy your needs. The details are important to us and we are happy to see that our small thoughts are going a long way. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Beijing.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the last year for business trips and have good stays each time
- Rooms are well equipped for business travellers
- Rooms were recently remodeled, and are clean, bright and spacious
- Gym facilities are some of the best in Beijing in terms of size and options (full gym, treadmills, bikes, basketbal court, tennis court)
- Convenient location in CBD
- Cafe downstairs has well-priced food for takeway if you do not want the full buffet breakfast or are in a hurry

Only complaint this time was that my room was on a floor that was being renovated. I was told at check in that construction starts at 9am, but workers were shuffling around by 8:30am. I had to take a few calls in the room after 9am, which were difficult to do with the loud noise from above and next room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest, we value your feedback and suggestions. Our apologies for our noise during renovation and any inconvenience that we may have caused. We are glad that your overall experience was pleasant. We will strive to continue to provide our guest with memorable experiences and quality service. We do hope that you continue to stay with us, thank you for your continued support.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Rooms are impeccable.
Staff spoke English and were very attentive.
Renovations happening on some floors, but only during the day. I never saw a worker, or equipment. Didn't bother me one bit.
Great location within walking distance to silk market and other hotels and bars.
Free minibar (at least mine was)
Wifi everywhere.
Breakfast was included - and fantastic. Both western and local items.
Restaurant was great too. Both western and local fare. No Beijing duck, however.
Bar was good. Upscale and expensive. Probably the most expensive drinks in the entire city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Quentin Z, Digital Marketing Manager at Kerry Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit. Also, hopefully next time you will be able to try our Beijing Ya Yuan Roast Duck. It has been a favorite of many and it is served daily in our Horizon Chinese Restaurant.

Been to Kerry Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!