“The best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel Beijing

You added Shangri-La Hotel Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.29 Zizhuyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100089, China (Yuanda Road)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Festival Offer
Ranked #39 of 5,435 Hotels in Beijing
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stay in hotels around the world and have been responsible for films on many, I am a very choosy customer. For a city hotel this is as good as it gets and far the best I have stayed at in Beijing. Lovely rooms, bay windows,original desk with all the connections, charming staff and great spa and pool. If you stay high up and look south you can see the sunrise sunset and even the mountains, which is wonderful when in Beijing. Thank you for a great 9 days

Room Tip: High up looking south
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at the Shangri-La Beijing earlier this week while on business. I stayed in the Valley Wing section which was extremely nice and the newest building in the property. The room was very well appointed and stylish. The hotel is extremely luxurious and a true 5-star with World-Class Service. I experienced an issue on the first night due to a pretty common practice in China whereby other guests decide to smoke in a non-smoking room which caused my room to smell like smoke in the middle of the night. I got in contact with guests services in the morning who had put me in touch with the Andy Liu - Duty Manager and things got handled quickly and extremely professionally. Andy was apologetic and offered to move me into another floor with an upgraded room. The whole experience from Andy to his team was extremely professional and handled perfectly. The breakfast was impeccable and the gym and equipment is like any professional gym. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great 5-star experience.

• Stayed January 2015
ShangriLaBeijingMgmt, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your good experience. We would be delighted to pass on your compliments to Andy Liu, who will be pleased to know he and our colleagues make your stay so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In general it is a good hotel if you want to visit the west part of Beijing. As a Golden Circle Club member I was well taken care when I checked in, which was very appreciated. However I would like to raise the service issue at the dinning room for breakfast. As a 5-star hotel, the dinning room of Shangri-la Beijing is relatively small, the table arrangement is quite close to each other, thus makes the dinning environment very crowed. I was there for the breakfast at 9.30am and was told that the breakfast will be closed at 10. After I was hosted to the table, there was no napkin, no sugar and cream, no pepper and salt on the table. I have to ask the waiter to provide them, which supposed not to be the standard as a 5-star hotel dinning. Most of the waiters and waitresses were busy to clean up the used tables because it was almost the time to close the service. The sugar can on my table was picked up by a waiter (look like a manager) without asking if I need that or not. Everyone seems hurry to be off the work, not mention that no any one to refill the food when the outlets were quite empty. This is really a bad experience for breakfast in a hotel called 5-starts. It just makes me feel like dinning at a 3-star local hotel. I do hope the management can improve the service at the dinning room.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We do regret that your breakfast dining experience did not meet your expectation. We thank you for helping us be better by pointing out our temporary shortcomings. Rest assured that matter has been immediately addressed with our F&B Management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to offer you a true Shangri-La experience.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently completed a quick business trip to China (my first) visiting Beijing and Shanghai so decided o stay with a well respected brand Hotel chain which has always served me well before to avoid any problems. This is a very large business hotel a little tired which I would not recommend to a tourist foe an extended stay as it is not really central. but it still has a lot of plus points.
A wonderful welcome by cheerful staff who made me feel that I was the first guest they had seen that day! Reception formalities were efficiently handled and my request for a quiet room with walk-in shower was no problem. THe room was clean, large and well appointed with the usual mod-cons but again the furnishings a little tired but not up to the usual Shangri-La standards but nevertheless perfectly acceptable. However all-in-all the hotel facilities are what you would expect from a chain of this quality.

Breakfast was sumptuous, amazing variety of options well cooked and quickly served by excellent helpful staff particularly one morning when I requested speedy handling as I was very late for an appointment, they had me in and out in 10 minutes!

The hotels Chinese Restaurant was excellent and well worth a visit.

I suppose the best compliment I can pay is that I will certainly stay here again but hopefully the group will arrange a make over in the near future!

Room Tip: Let them know your preferences and they will go that extra mile to fulfil them.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
ShangriLaBeijingMgmt, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Beijing and for taking the time to share your such detailed feedback about our hotel and our team. Your compliments where we made positive impressions were noted with appreciation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best regards

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had requested that I would be picked up from the airport by rickshaw! The poor man sitting on this contraption was soaked to the skin, having travelled from his base in torrential rain. I climbed on to the wooden plank that served as a seat and luggage rack.As we travelled along I spotted a street vendor selling Umbrellas,I got the driver to stop and bought him a huge one which wouldn,t look out of place in my back garden. He took my case off and put it down then turned and was off as fast as he could go. A guy standing nearby was laughing hysterically. He said "an umbrella on a bike is as welcome as a fart in a space suit" The hotel is 7star , the service is first class. My room had 2 single beds , each was 7 feet wide!!! I was on the 14th floor wher the windows are so clean it seams like you could fall to your death. Bon voyage. Jim Harper.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a panoramic view across beautiful water gardens. Rooms are huge and luxurious. The...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Duns, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed in Shangri-La's across Asia, and I have to say I thought Changchun Shang was the poorest until now. Now, I say poorest, but of course this is a relative term as the Shang is a very good hotel wherever you go - it's just Bangkok and Jakarta beat the Chinese ones...
However, rooms were good, not totally amazing, and the location is not very good. It's a place where the Chinese like to be seen to be doing business, so be prepared for lots of men in sunglasses in the dark bar - quite funny really.
Breakfast isn't as good as some of the Shang spreads I have had in the past - but still very good. And the Shang Palace Chinese restaurant here was superb - I highly recommend just going to that alone.
Go, but it's a little tired round the edges, and the location is too far out.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
ShangriLaBeijingMgmt, Hotel Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for choosing the Shangri-La hotel, Beijing and providing us with valuable information about your recent stay.
We appreciate your positive comments about our Shang Palace. We also note your disappointment with our hotel facilities and breakfast experience did not live up to your expectation. I would like to further discuss the matter with you, kindly contact me at eric.mommejac@shangri-la.com.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we do hope to have another chance to welcome you back to our hotel again.

Best regards

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Attendents very dedicated to their task. most comfortable room
Room very large but a little hot, not easy to control the temperature
Hotel a little far from everywhere
Breakfast excellent but expensive

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!