“Personalized service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La Hotel Beijing

You added Shangri-La Hotel Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La Hotel Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.29 Zizhuyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100089, China (Yuanda Road)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Back RMB400
Ranked #38 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beijing, China
“Personalized service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went to there with my family. It was a great experience! The service is excellent. My baby spilled a glass of juice at the Valley Wing Lounge at the Happy Hour time. The staff was immediately ran over to greet my kids if she have hurt. I said sorry to him. He said to comfort me, it doesn't matter, kids are always like this. Thank you for his understanding!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was my first time in a Shangri-la hotel. It will not be the last one. It is simply excellent. It is a pity that there is not enough time to enjoy the many qualities of this hotel. The pick up service at the airport, fantastic, the reception at the hotel and the escort to the room, very efficient. The room perfect. i was given a room in the new wing in a high floor with a fabulous view of the city. The bed, sheets and pillows, excellent. Temperature very well regulated. The bathroom large, well furnished. All very clean. Nothing missing. Breakfast abundant, very well prepared. Staff very kind, well trained, very kind. Unfortunately I did not have the time to try the spa and other facilities.

Warrington Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Where do I start here? Well here goes !! What an Excellent Hotel, total credit to the Manager, his staff, the chef's the whole team !!

No I don't work here but total credit when credit is due, not for a long time have myself and my wife been so pleased with the choice our our hotel, the hotel is spotless, charming and a delight to stay in, try the S.T.A.Y restaurant it's not food it's sheer innovation at its best, we tried it during a gala dinner coupled with fine wine tasting a sheer pleasure, even down to the breakfast buffet in the Chi restaurant lobby area.

Nothing was to much trouble so as a thank you to the Hotel, and China Wow Wow Wow you deserve that !

Keith R room 1415

Room Tip: Suite 1415
Where to next?
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I come back to this hotel regularly, but this time I stayed in the older Garden Wing rather than the newer Valley Wing. The rooms in the Garden Wing have been freshened up, because they were actually perfectly OK. Airport pick-up and wireless internet were included in my Business Rate, which was convenient. The buffet breakfast gets crowded and a bit messy though, whereas in the Valley Wing you can eat in the club lounge, which is much nicer. One of the best features of the Shangri-La Beijing is the gym and pool, which are genuinely world class. I'll keep returning to this hotel when I have business in this part of town. Overall, though, the Grand Hyatt is still the best hotel in Beijing in my opinion...

Room Tip: Stay in the Valley Wing if you can afford the difference.
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Shangri-La Hotel on business. This is my first trip ever to a Shangri-La hotel, and my experience was excellent. They took the bags out of our car, checked us in with attentive detail, and, escorted us personally to each of our rooms to make sure we found them okay.

Since I was pressed for time, I was able to also experience the dining. I went to their buffet, which is unlike any other buffet. The quality is higher than the best available in Las Vegas including the Wynn and Caesar's. All of the food was of excellent quality, with a lot of seafood as well as a cook to order meat station. They also had an exquisite dessert section whose artistic entrées are on par with Bottega Louie.

Checking out was the same attentive experience, after which Vivian escorted our group outside to ensure we had adequate transportation, and did not leave until our van pulled away.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay at the Shangri La every time I travel to Beijing, and it has become one of my favorite and most reliable hotels. The beds and rooms are clean and comfortable, if a bit on the small side. I usually stay in the older wing of the hotel, and it is starting to show some wear, but is still nice enough. The breakfast buffet here is really fantastic as far as hotel breakfast options go (if rather pricey). The staff seems very eager to extend hospitality (except in the breakfast area, where they often seem overwhelmed - but no matter, it's a buffet so you can serve yourself).

My only problem this most recent trip was that it has become incredibly difficult to get a taxi from the hotel taxi stand during rush hour - nearly impossible in fact. This is a problem all over Beijing, so I do not fault the hotel necessarily, but I do wish there were more taxis available at the hotel. Of course, there are plenty available during non-peak times, but on my last trip, we waited nearly 45 minutes for a taxi before deciding to hire a private car from the hotel (which worked out fine, but was incredibly expensive).

The location of the hotel is convenient to locations in Haidian, but do not expect to be able to walk to many other amenities. The offerings of the surrounding area are pretty limited. I usually just eat at the hotel, since room service is pretty good and reasonably priced.

That said, the Shangri La has good rooms, good food, reliable/predictable hotel service. I will probably continue to stay here, and hire a private car in advance to avoid the hassle of having to hire a taxi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Service is good, in the Valley Wing lounge experience great, especially Lois Yang impressed me, very professional, very warm, I have a very anxious to express mail, she totally enthusiastic help me arrange for me, also temporary pay the postage, really close.Choose the shangri_ la never wrong.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Beijing? Share your experiences!