“Serene, understated luxury in quiet neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Beijing

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Beijing to your Saves list
The St. Regis Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.21Jianguomenwai Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China (Beijing Railway Station / Jianguomen)   |
Ranked #31 of 5,418 Hotels in Beijing
New York City, New York
“Serene, understated luxury in quiet neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am usually a fan of St. Regis hotels because they feel smaller and more personal than some of the larger chains in the upscale category, and this St. Regis was no different. We were in a lovely corner room that was very spacious. Our butler was always prompt and courteous, and we took advantage of the complimentary coffee and tea service every day.

The one slight negative is that the hotel is in a quiet area of town (near the embassies) so the walk to the subway was a bit far (which is important in the sweltering humidity/heat of July!). Maybe because it’s in such a quiet, non-touristy area, we had some difficulty getting taxis during some times of the day because it isn’t common for there to be a lot of taxis in the area I guess.

Some of the employees at the front desk were terrific and very helpful (I emailed with Michael before arrival to make some arrangements and he was very prompt), however once we arrived we found the employees at the front desk and concierge to be a bit hit or miss. Some were very helpful; others fumbled around trying to locate all the arrangements Michael had made for us in advance. That was a bit frustrating at a hotel of this caliber but we did enjoy the hotel because of the respite it provided from the busy, crowded city.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the St Regis in September as part of a group. We were well looked after and wanted for nothing. The butler service was particularly helpful, hemming a dress for me and re-souling my husbands shoes. If ever we find ourselves in Beijing again, we will not hesitate to stay at the St. Regis

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our butler service and facilities. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the St. Regis for 5 nights after I became quite ill in Beijing. It was a real bummer! I was supposed to be backpacking along the great wall, staying in hostels and guest houses on a budget. I woke up on check out day from a mid range hotel in Beijing, ready to explore the great wall, but I woke up very ill with a powerful virus. I decided that I needed to cancel that trip and get well, and I wanted to do that in a place with total comfort, no need to leave the hotel, and no annoyances whatsoever.

So, I chose the St. Regis. I splurged, but I figured that I will likely not leave the room for 5 days, so I will get the most out of this luxurious splurge.

The room is amazing. I had the entry level room. The bathroom and bathroom amenities are divine. The bed was delicious. The TV was amazingly high quality, and I was able to connect my macbook with hdmi cable and watch movies from my computer on the TV very easily. The furniture was very comfortable.

The breakfast was good, and had a huge variety, but the juices are not great. I am quite picky with juices, and the orange and grapefruit juices are not very fresh. They had a funky, kind of fake taste.

The lunch special at the italian restaurant was amazing. The minestrone soup was the best I have ever tasted, and I come from Chicago with its fare share of Italian restaurants. The Japanese restaurant made me feel like I stepped into Japan. The food there was also quite good. The room service food was ok, but not great. The descriptions of the dishes were sometimes not very accurate. But overall, pretty good.

The concierge was not good at all. I almost complained to the management. He gave me a quick negative response to a question I asked. I had to coax him along to actually find out the information I wanted. In the end, he still failed. This was quite annoying and not up to par for this hotel brand.

Overall, the stay was excellent, and the quality and cleanliness was top rate. The housekeeping staff are excellent. They provide ample amounts of free, bottled water, as opposed to some high end hotels that charge $10 for a small bottle of evian! The laundry service was expensive, but excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, December 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service and facilities. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I really must say that St.Regis in Beijing is an Excellent hotel. Hotel that you have everything you need if you on bussines trip or yust a turist. Excellent service, food, room....everything!! Always when i come to Beijing i stay in this hotel ,and this is my second home. Very cosy.....that everybody needs,when they are far away from home. Congratulations and see you soon again. For all who are searching for a really good hotel in Beijing, the St.Regis is the right adress. I really recomend this hotel.
Best regards from Slovenia, Sandra Kos

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, December 16, 2012

Usa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

stayed here while on a personal trip to beijing. was glad i chose the st regis - the building from the outside isnt all that great to look at, but once you get through the doors - its a different world altogether.

location is close to the subway - there is a short cut route through the back of the hotel (by the service apts). i took the subway to all the sightseeing places.

checkin was quick and efficient - cheery, friendly service at the checkin. room was comfortable - had a room that faced the main road on a high floor. didnt hear anything - my butler was excellent and spoke very good english.

room itself very comfortable, bathroom luxurious - what you expect from a st regis

i had breakfast at the hotel and was satisfied with it - missed the sunday brunch offering as i arrived a bit late, but looked like a fabulous spread and very popular.

went to the bar for happy hour - excellent appetizers and wine. it was busy, but not packed.

loved the experience - would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, December 13, 2012

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

By far, one of the most luxurious hotels in the St Regis line. From the moment we arrived, it was a step inside a world of luxury. The outstanding professionalism and eye to detail by all of the staff could not have been better. From the complimentary room upgrade, to Billy Ho, our butler, (who bravely took on the daunting task of securely wrapping a bird cage for transatlantic travel and having a button sewed on my coat in 5 minutes) ) to the outstanding service attention by Billy Yu and Holly at the front desk, it could not have been a better experience. Even the hotel room maid made us feel at home by unpacking the essentials from our travel kit. Hotel is convenient to local metro line, which is within walking distance, and the rooms are modern and comfortable. Be aware that the hotel pool is shared with residents of the Regis apartments, and on our visit, we shared the pool with a coach and two young swimmers practicing. The hotel is a jewel in the St Regis crown, be sure to stay here if you have the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

St Regis is located in the quiet ambassador area and yet within 15 minutes walking distance to Xiu Shui - a popular shopping centre for tourists. The hotel is well maintained. Staff are very polite and helpful. The rooms are classy and comfortable. It provides butler service to each guest. Once you check in, a butler will show up in your room to ask if you need complimentary pressing or other services. Every guest feel special here. Their spa service is excellent. The Ayurvedic therapy treatment was better than the one I received in Trident Mumbai. The slight drawback is lack of Chinese food option in the room service menu outside working hours of their Chinese restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ugur T, Hotel Manager at The St. Regis Beijing, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

Best regards

Been to The St. Regis Beijing? Share your experiences!