“Server denies worm/leach in lettuce” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3,853 of 9,467 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Mexican
Beijing, China
“Server denies worm/leach in lettuce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

While I'm not even sure if the Haidian location still exists, it does not really matter as this small chain is likely operated by the same party. In any case, my experience occurred last night at the Pinnacle Plaza location in Shunyi. After a tradeshow decided to take my client for a quick burrito. As we watched them add all the fixings he noticed something moving on the lettuce. When I told the server he picked it off and threw it quickly on the ground and said it was part of a tomato. Then we noticed another movement and he handed me the bin of shredded lettuce. Sure enough a leech-like worm crawling all over the lettuce. The server then walked in the back and would not come out. Young Chinese guy who did not know what to do. The other two gentlemen in our group had already eaten through half of their meals at this point but we picked up and walked out without paying. Unfortunately this will be my third and last visit to the Avocado Tree. Unbelievable to me that it happened and that the guy tried to deny it!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“"Chipotle-style" burritos in Beijing? Great find! 油梨树”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are anywhere near Wudaokou Station, take a short walk to this gem. Especially if you are hankering for some "Chipotle-style" Mexican food that is so easy to find in the USA. Anywhere from 25-50 rmb per-person. No seating and NO smoking.

On the #13 line near Tsinghua University.

Big burritos and fresh guacamole. Everything feels and tastes fresh. Even real tortilla chips!

PS. Get in line for the date cake on the corner a few door down heading West. You will NOT be sorry.

PSS. There is always a line for the date cake, but just do it. Trust me.

• Visited April 2012