“Beautiful Location And A Gem Of A Guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of China Travellers-Unspoiled Great Wall Hiking and Camping, Cultural Activities, Private Tour

No.2 Beisanhuan Donglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Beijing 100028, China
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 309 Activities in Beijing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: A happy vacation is not just a destination, but also the people you meet along the way. China Travellers is your reliable local friend in China. We organize Great Wall hiking, trekking and camping: stepping off the beaten trail to witness the remote, historic and unspoiled Great Wall. We also offer distinctive historical and ecologically sensitive trips to all corners of rural Beijing. We will help you explore the pristine beauty of the natural landscape-from high mountains, ancient temples to rural villages. Our hikes are non-invasive and non-exploitative, preserving these natural sites for generations to come. Our other events include cultural activities like city explorations, Chinese Cuisine, Chinese philosophy, Chinese tea ceremony, etc. Welcome to China and we are looking forward to working with you.
Kuala Lumpur
“Beautiful Location And A Gem Of A Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I took the 1 day HuangHua Cheng hike and it more than exceeded my expectations. The location was pristine, untouched and Sonia and I were practically the only people on the wall. The Great Wall really lived up to its reputation as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

This beautiful location would not have been great if it wasn't for Sonia. She pre-empted all my needs and addressed them with great professionalism. She took the initiative to take pictures for me so that I could focus on enjoying and appreciating the breathtaking location.

Being a solo traveller, I am always weary about what unruly characters and situations that I may encounter along the way, but with Sonia I can put my guard down and have peace of mind that I am in good, sincere and honest hands. She even defended me from an unruly character who tried to harrass me in the bus ride on the way back. I am so blessed to have made this decision to take this trip, which is definitely the highlight of my stay in China. Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much Sonia!

Visited September 2012

Hannover, Germany
“Unforgetable hiking at Jiankou Great Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Even though I would describe myself as a pretty well travelled and experienced hiker,who have seen and wandered along a not all to insignificant amount of hiking trails I would say that, in comparisson with my earlier hiking experience, going to Jiankou Great Wall with Sonia stands out as one of the most singular hikings that I’ve ever been to.

I agree with what one of the earlier reviewers said about the intentions that people have behind selling a product and not so much to what the product actually contains. I didn’t believe there existed tour guides like Sonia before I met her. She is a truly uniqum – not the least in terms of the passion that she puts into her guiding and the care she shows for the people, which go on her hikes. If I someone would ask me about what the ideal tour guide would be like, I would simply say ”like Sonia”.

As to Jiankou Great Wall, I never believed that another so completely different side of China could be so close to the commotion and smog of Beijing CBD. The scenery is truly singular and just the fact that you don’t have to deal with the usual Badaling-amount of tourists adds a lot of value. Actually, during one whole day of constant hiking we met a total number of ZERO other hikers! If you’re looking for some truly extraordinary hiking in one of the most beautiful natural settings you possibly could imagine – than I guess a hike with Sonia to Jiankou Great Wall is what you’re looking for.

Beijing
3 attraction reviews
“China travellers in good hands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

With her heavy duty walking stick and excellent language skills, Sonja radiates professionalism. She is an excellent guide for exploring the paths less trodden in the foothills and valleys of Beijing province. My desire was to experience a part of the Great Wall where there were no other tourists. Her choice of destination featured a stretch of the Wall connecting a series of lonely watch towers surrounded by impressive countryside approximately 90 minutes from Beijing. I found her to be knowledgeable not only about the history of the region, but also the flora and fauna. Sonja proved to be a patent guide and pleasant company. Her organization skills were excellent. I hope to be able to join her again for one of her hiking trips.

Marina del Rey, California
“Highly Recommended & Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Sonia of China Travelers is an outstanding tour guide, very knowledgeable and her prices are extremely fair. I participated in the "Winding Dragon Great Wall" hike, which exceeded my expectations in every way. This section of the Great Wall is located 120 km from Beijing in a rural farming area. There were very few tourists and most of them locals not foreigners. You will see the wall in its natural unreconstructed state. Sonia is very patient in answering any and all questions. The high point for me was the home cooked meal we received after the hike. This was the best Chinese food I have ever eaten in my life and all the ingredients were grown by the host family. This was not a restaurant, but a local family who cooks meals for tourists. I will certainly see Sonia again next time I visit Beijing!

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“great experience climbing Huanghua Wild Great Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

When my friend and I were wondering whether our driver took us to the wrong place, we met Sonia. She told us we were at the state-owned Huanghua Water Wall Park, not Huanghua Wild Great Wall. Seeing us upset, Sonia kindly offered to take us to the real Great Wall. Thanks to her, we found the place and had a great experience! We loved the wilderness ( the authenticity) of the Great Wall--it is truly walking "the history". Sonia explained to us its history, told us interesting stories about the old peasant woman who had guarded the entrance for fourteen years. She is a kind and genuine person, and it's so much fun to take a trip with her!

Visited June 2012

Travelers who viewed China Travellers-Unspoiled Great Wall Hiking and Camping, Cultural Activities, Private Tour also viewed

Been to China Travellers-Unspoiled Great Wall Hiking and Camping, Cultural Activities, Private Tour? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage China Travellers-Unspoiled Great Wall Hiking and Camping, Cultural Activities, Private Tour, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.