“Excellent Great Wall experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great Wall Private Guide--Paul (Great Wall Expert)

Great Wall Private Guide--Paul (Great Wall Expert)
Room 502, No.16 Building, Hengfengyuan, Yihai Garden, Fengtai District, Beijing 100070, China
0086-13501083880
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #21 of 241 activities in Beijing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hi, I am Paul, a professional Great Wall tour guide of Beijing, China. I offer private, personalized Great Wall hiking tours that give you the opportunity to see the authentic Great Wall through the eyes of real Beijinger, taking in the history, culture, traditions and beautiful view. For quality tours of Great Wall, contact me now!
Perth, WA
“Excellent Great Wall experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

After looking at all the great reviews about Paul on trip advisor I emailed him to see if he was available for a day trip. Luckily for us he was.

After picking us up from the hotel in his incredibly clean SUV, we headed for the hills and the 'wild' side of the wall at Huanghuacheng.

It was an incredible experience, we saw only 3 other people on the wall, and have got some breathtaking photos and memories. We managed to cover approx 4kms and I was very happy, as there were some pretty steep sections.

Paul made sure that we set the pace though, and so we took our time and took lots of photos.

There was no pressure to buy anything or stop anywhere we didn't want to, and you felt like you were on a road trip with a good friend.

The tour was worth every cent, and I can whole heartedly say that you will not regret seeing this side of the wall rather than one of the touristy sites.

Thanks again Paul,

Martha and Pete.

Visited October 2012

Beijing, China
“Great experience on Great Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was amazing day! We visited part called Jiankou and it´s really interesting place and I think the best choice for Great wall.

Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Incredible morning at the Great Wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My trip to the great wall with Paul was hands down my best experience in Beijing! As a woman traveling alone on business, safety was my number one concern and I always felt 100% safe with Paul. Paul picked me up bright and early (6:30am as I had an early afternoon flight to catch) and drove me through the city to the beautiful countryside to a part of the wall with very few tourist. In fact, during our 2 hour hike, we saw 4 other people – that’s it! The highlight was when he sang a Mongolian ballad towards the top of the hike. Paul is incredibly knowledgeable about the wall, but more so, he’s just a really great guy!

Visited September 2012
4 attraction reviews
“great experience and service, Thank you Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we found Paul on Tripadvisor. We have contacted him via mail and agreed on all details witout any problem. As agreed Paul picked us up at the hote, everything on time. He brought us to a not reconstructed part of the wall and we walked on the wall for about 2-3 hours. His explainations are very good and detailed. The communication in English was ok. We followed Pauls recommendation for lunch and we had one of the best fish menues for a very reasonable price.

After visiting the Ming thumbs Pauls dropped us at the Hotel and organised some tickets for the Kung Fu show. We paid the regular discounted price but Paul picked us up at the Hotel again and the transfer was part of the deal.

Overall a great experience and you get really value for your money (not always in China as we have learned).

Visited August 2012
London
“Great Wall - wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Li Paul is exactly the type of person I wanted as a guide. He is considerate, helpful, fun and a good travel companion with a knowledge and love of Chinese history which he enjoys sharing. I told him that I wanted to visit a section where I could avoid the big tourist crush, and that was exactly what he did. My experience of The Great Wall was amazing and in part I owe that to Paul. He was informative and ready to answer all my questions, checking when he wasn't sure. After my hike along The Wall we rested at a small restaurant run by a local farmer and it was obvious he was respected and liked by the local community. There we ate a delightful meal of a local fish together with a dish made from a vegetable that grows wild in the hills, all washed down with a cold beer. The scenery was truly breathtaking and the experience memorable.
I unreservedly recommend Paul as a great travel guide.
Barry Latchford, London, England.

Visited August 2012

Been to Great Wall Private Guide--Paul (Great Wall Expert)? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Great Wall Private Guide--Paul (Great Wall Expert), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later