“A very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Phoenix Beijing

You added Royal Phoenix Beijing to your Saves list
Royal Phoenix Beijing
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Qianliang Hutong, Dongsi North Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Royal Phoenix Beijing) (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #138 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Pune, India
“A very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I travelled to China with my family in May 2013. We stayed in this hotel for 5 days. We liked it very much. Very good rooms.Comfy beds,very clean toilets.The breakfast was also very good. Ofcourse the Reception staff did not speak good English but its not a negetive point..there are many hotels around the world where the reception staff cannot speack Chinese.
The location of the hotel is gr8.You can have lots of local flavour around.Walking in the Hutongs is a good experience. They have a very nice spa in the basement.
Will certainly recommend it to a friend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed for 1 night in Room 752 in June 2013. This hotel was booked for me by a travel agent for an overnight stay before an international flight the next day. But it's too far from the airport (a 1-hour drive each way to/from the airport) for an overnight. I think it would be better suited for a few days of Beijing sightseeing.

Pros: Large, clean room with 2 comfortable beds, good lighting, mini-fridge, great shower, interesting location, good variety at breakfast buffet.

Cons: Couldn't adjust AC down from a too-warm 25.5 Celsius, no room service because staff couldn't speak English, no international TV channels (50 channels in Chinese), ate breakfast amid heaps of dirty dishes from previous diners since staff apparently don't clear tables until everyone has left, a bit noisy with some kind of construction going on at 7 AM in the hutong below my window.

Weird: 7 boxes of condoms for purchase in the bathroom, large window between sleeping area and bathroom, big ornate chair & foot stool that together looked rather like a throne!

Would I stay here again? Only in winter when I wouldn't need the AC!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Altadena CA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Some people count the cost and forget the value. This is a great hotel in a special place of Beijing. Forget the chain hotels and stay here and explore the contemporary scene. Location is great, a short walk with your luggage, where you can explore and enjoy the neighborhood with restaurants, shops, and local life. It is close to the subway (less that a10 minute walk, for ALL over Beijing for 2 Yuan (US .35 cents). VERY safe and engaging.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Due to the location in an alley. You have to walk with your luggage for
Around 800 feet. Stuff has limited English skills, but if you are patient they get you what you want.
Hair cut across the main entrance was good, excellent BBQ place in the alley towards the Main Street on the right, you can.t miss it it is packed. Try the lamb leg. Mc Donald's close by.
Bus number 109 only three stops and bus number 2 for 15 minutes around the 5 star hotels and shopping zone get you to the entrance of the forbidden city, but I recommend a taxi. Very good bakery 85degree on the Main Street towards mc Donald's on the righ.
Breakfast buffet at the hotel is 80 yen per person, 2 for one beer happy hour.
We have room number726 toward the back nice and quite except for the door banging .
Large oom with 2 double beds, great shower and a desk for working.only one English tv channel.
I like it a lot for 498 yen per night for 4 nights. MeuterMedia

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms were large, quiet, clean and comfortable. It is located a short block from a main street in Beijing. So, the location is good. But, you do need to be careful walking, as cars and bikes use the same narrow street. The hotel staff were nice, but very few knew much English. I enjoyed my stay here and would go back if the opportunity arises in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Located down a hutong (alley), but a very quiet and safe location, and around the corner from a good local restaurant. Felt like I was part of the neighborhood, because we passed the same sites on the street on our way to/from the hotel, and no one bothered us even though we obviously were foreigners. Very comfortable room; really tasty breakfast. Little bit of a walk to the subway.
Only problem was when we tried to cash a traveler's check and we wrote it to Best Western, and then the manager wouldn't accept it because they were changing owners and were no longer a Best Western (the clerk who said we could write the check didn't understand what we asked, according to his manager.) The manager was willing to go with us to the bank to have the bank cash the traveler's check, but it didn't work in our itinerary. We did not have problems with our reservation like someone else did, but our room was booked by a travel agent. Most employees don't speak English, so be sure they understand what you are asking them so they respond correctly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I aririved for my reservation and was told they left Best Western and could not honor my reservation. I ended up paying double what my reservation rate was and the new rate did not include breakfast.

I also got put in a lower room quality than I booked. The Desk Clerk even started at more than double my reservation rate and I had to negotiate it down.

It has a great location but feel they should have contacted me if they were not prepared to honor my reservation as they had my email and had lots of time to contact me to inform me rather than me arrive and they say they can't find it and having to show my reservation copy.

Room Tip: If you booked with Best Western, contact the hotel and reconfirm.