“This is one great way to get out and see a show similar to Cirque de Soleil without the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legend of Jinsha

Legend of Jinsha
Beijing Workers Club, No.11 Hufang Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #106 of 1,198 Attractions in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Legend of Jinsha is a classic acrobatic performance venue hosted by the Beijing Workers Club. Known for it's captivating acts that are intense and highly skillful, this show is a brilliant spectacle from beginning to end.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

When my friend partner and I were in Beijing we had plans to visit the great wall, the many tombs and the Olympic park. As a bonus we had hired a private driver for the day to take us around and make the most of our stay. Let me tell ya.... the best way every to see Beijing and it's only about 100 US dollars for a 12 hr day all expenses included!!!! After finishing our site seeing we were interested in seeing a show or doing more with the night. We had inquired early in the day and the driver had suggested seeing this show. Due to the low cost we went with it. The driver booked the tickets for us while we were touring the previous sites and after out tomb tours were complete we were taken to the Olympic park and then in closing to the 7:00 evening show. We really had no expectations other than it being a performance of some type. To the shows credit these young performers are not the best of the best, but for 25 US its well worth attending. The motorcycle show is incredible and the other acts are very skilled. As a bonus you can purchase the dvd of the original show which I have to admit was mind blowing after returning to the US. I will warn you that the locals and tour busses that come to this show rush to get seated due to the general admin tickets being first come first serve so get there early if you want a close seat. In the closing be prepared for the locals to rush out of the theater before the company has even finished taken their bows. This is very common and as the previous review states... " just go with the flow", clap and give ovation if you see fit, but don't expect many others to share the same sentiment.

Visited June 2012

New Castle, Delaware
31 attraction reviews
“Try another one”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

I figured a show would be better than sitting in my room. Now that I have seen it I am not so sure. It was not unpleasant, and some of the tricks were quite interesting, but they stopped and came forward for bows after every move. M ore bowing than performing. The hotel steered me to this one; and I wondered why it had only one Trip Advisor review but went anyway. The Kung Fu show, which I had not expected much from was 10 x better. That show flowed like a modern dance. This had the choreography of a talent show in High School.

Doha
3 attraction reviews
“Chinese acrobatics - local flavor and a fun time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went to see this acrobatic show on a whim and were not disappointed. The Beijing workers club is actually a movie theater with one large auditorium for this show. The acrobats and dancers were fantastic and demonstrated great skill. They were young and obviously had well used gear and costumes. But this was what made it so special. The event had a local flavor as many tour busses arrived with older chinese people to see the show. They were great fun and loved the show as we did. Be careful though, for a group of elders they rush to the door before it opens and then charge it outright when it does. No big deal. Best to just go with the flow. Its only for a couple of minutes and then you are inside comfortably. I would suggest arriving a little early and having a tea or coffee while you watch the previous show exit and the tour busses arrive. Its a hoot.

The show itself was very entertaining and had some really fun segments. We especially liked the hat dance and the caged motorcycles. As previously noted, these were very skilled young people. Just as China is recognized for. Tickets were only about 25$ each so it was a fun local night out. I would highly recommend it.

Visited November 2011