“A great introduction to Beijing food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beijing Si Ji Min Fu Restaurant

Beijing Si Ji Min Fu Restaurant
Dongcheng qu deng shi kou xi jie 32 hao dong hua fan dian 1 lou Jiugulou, Beijing, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)
010-65135141
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 9,464 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Beijing Specialties
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tian'anmen / Wangfujing
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“A great introduction to Beijing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was the first restaurant we went to in Beijing and we were looking for some authentic, tasty Peking duck and that's what we got! The price was reasonable and between 5 of us we shared 2 ducks which was more than enough. The staff, as others have said, speak next to no English but we had no issues as the menu was in English as well Chinese and the staff were still very attentive and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
“Very good food, but come early!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came here at 5:30 pm which was a good time to come because otherwise the wait is too long. We still had to wait about 35 minutes to get seated and another 45 minutes till our duck came. But the food´s worth it! If you are hungry order some sides, the price for them is ok. The duck is 200 Yuan but it is being cut in front of you, a great experience! The restaurant is very clean, nice environment and stuff is friendy (just little english). Order the pancakes and spices with the duck! (1x Spices for each person, share 1xpancakes) . As we looked like we had no clue what to do with the pancakes the waitress showed us what to do with them, we didn´t have to ask for it - That was really nice. That way we figured out how to eat the duck Beijing style and enjoyed our meal. Don´t come after 5:45 pm, the wait will be way too long! 5pm is probably best to come if you want to habe dinner around 6:30pm

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious duck but long wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here for my last meal in Beijing, and I think it would have been perfect if I had known and expected some things in advance. Considering the price, about 200 yuan, my friend and I worried that a whole duck would be too much for us so we only ordered half.

Half a duck for 2 people is probably fine if you order at least one or maybe even 2 other dishes to pick at, and eat slowly because the duck takes a long time. However, if I went back...I would definitely pay more to get all the duck dishes that they recommend.

For those who are going without knowing any Chinese and no Chinese speaker to help you, take a dictionary! Or at least an app on your phone. And a simple ni hao! to any of the staff will get them to stop and try to figure out what you want.

All that being said, the duck was delicious

Chicago, Illinois
“White table cloth Beijing Duck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I liked the place so much I went back again with my daughter. The wait staff spoke no English but that was no problem as their menu is easy enough to navigate (English + pictures). The duck is carved tableside. I ordered the paper-thin pancakes and spices, plus a very cold Yanjing beer. I thought the food quality was very good & the staff was always smiling. I wouldn't hesitate to return again. A good quality meal in a nice environment . . . for the equivalent of ~USD $50 (for two); not cheap by Beijing standards but I thought a fair price for very good food & service quality.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Poor service let the place down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

On the good recommendations we went here on our last night in Beijing. Ordered the duck and a starter. Starter appeared after some delay and after an hour no duck. We enquired where it was and they said it would be a further 40 mins. We ordered something else as we were starving and ate our food as they cleared the restaurant. Our waiters/waitresses did not speak English which made it particularly difficult so we asked someone sitting nearby to help. Ok if you are Chinese but I'm afraid on this experience we would no recommend. If you go do not go too late (best before 8 at latest) as this may have compounded the problem.

• Visited July 2013