“Superb private guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 265 Tours & Activities in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, this is Ryan Chao, a 7-year Licensed and Experienced English speaking guide with original ideas for exploring all things Chinese. As an advocate for green travel, I encourage you to use local public transportation for urban tours. Together with my driver colleagues, we concentrate on Customized Beijing Tours, Car Service and Rail Ticket Booking. I would be happy to assist you in making your trip easier and more interesting. You are welcome to visit my website for detailed tour information.
New York City, New York
“Superb private guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 3 wonderful days with Ryan in Beijing. It was like having a local friend with us and certainly enhanced our Beijing experience a lot. It's obvious that he likes his job and doesn't just do it for the money. He was very patient with all our questions and really wanted us to see as much as possible. His schedule is very flexible and he'll always listen to your wishes and even suggest things that weren't planned, like when we visited the Olympic Stadium on our way back from the Great Wall; he'd rather work overtime than have us miss out on a sight. We saw a lot in 3 days. Not having to find your way around by yourself definitely saves a lot of time. Thanks Ryan for your help in making our trip to Beijing unforgettable!

Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Great guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked 3 days with Ryan and it was a great choice, he made us feel welcome and more connected with Chinese culture. Without him I'm sure we would have felt like outsiders because we don't speak or read Chinese. He was very kind, patient and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone travelling to Beijing!

Visited April 2013
Mexico
“Perfect to feel the real Beijing instead of the crowded tourists tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Ryan gives you all what he offers in his page but also he is very kind to help you with other problems you have in your trips such as train tickets. We were three days with him and we really enjoyed the time and all the time details he made for us. He was ver flexible to modify the schedule to our interest . 100% recommended !!!!

Visited March 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have just finished a 3 day tour with Ryan, he tailored the tour for us and our 13 year old daughter. He speaks English very well and his knowledge of Beijing was excellent, we requested that we experience some true culture of Beijing and we certainly have!
We have visited the major attractions as we requested but also spent some time in the parks and open spaces of Beijing watching the world go by.
Our daughter learnt some of the culture and philosophy's of Chinese life. We also called in at the Zoo ad hoc to see the panda's as he thought she would like it on he way to the Summer Palace at his suggestion.
We highly recommend him.

Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
“Beijing with an excellent guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited Beijing last summer for a weekend and let me tell you that Ryan is a great tourist guide who excels in providing top customer service, besides his knowledge and good communication skills he was always listening to me, trying to figure out what I was looking for and what places I would like to visit. He was on time everyday and all the arrangements were ready, he took me to really good local food places and we experience the subway, bus and taxi services, this way you learn a lot about the local culture and the way people lives. We went to the Wall early in the morning so there were no crowds, it was a great time for taking photos and enjoy a nice walk. Overall it was a great experience, if I return to Beijing for sure I will request his services again.

Visited August 2012