“Comfortable and handy for Tsinghua” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian

You added Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tower A No.89 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, China (Wudaokou)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #49 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Comfortable and handy for Tsinghua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A handy and relatively peaceful location for Tsinghua, probably worth a short walk compared to nearer hotels.
It's well equipped, I slept very well despite the trains on the main line hooting for the level crossing (good for trainspotting?).
I had room on the top executive floor. The executive room/lounge does snacks and light breakfast, and also alcoholic drinks free within certain hours. Breakfast is good too.
They actually provide coffee/creamer sachets too which seems rare in China.
If you need a SIM card don't try one locally (the Tsinghua unicom shop had closed down and the nearest china mobile could only do me a 2G card, as I found after I bought it).
Wifi is dreadful which seems to be the norm in China hotels.

Room Tip: higher better
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Me and my husband wanted to see Beijing and booked this hotel. Since it's being a while, can't remember the exact date.
I believe Chinese' belief is different and they gave us special treatment. Because we were the first guests of that day.
For whatever reason service was excellent and a beautiful hotel, very relaxing. I would stay there again if we go Beijing.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015 via mobile

Ok. Let's get to the good the bad and the ugly. The good is that there is far more good than bad. The hotel. Is excellent all around in my opinion. First the good. The rooms on the executive level are great. Stay there. It's worth the extra money with all the perks. The service was exceptional. I was in my room and needed a pair of scissors. I called downstairs and hung up and I think not more than 60 seconds later my door rang on the 16th floor with my scissors. I still don't know how they did it so quick. Amazing. The room is very good. One small beef I had was they only gave 2 towels. I like to take a lot of showers so I would have liked 3. I could have asked but I didn't so I can't dock them for that. The breakfast was good. The club lounge was nice and see,s to be underutilized. I really don't have anything bad to say. No real complaints. Oh. I do have one. The restaurant was not to good for dinner. I ate there one night. It was not my best meal. Not my worst but I think they could do better for the price. As I said in the beginning this is a great value. I would stay again

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Scotland, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2015

This was a great hotel with beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, good food in the restaurant, and friendly staff. It is very conveniently located for the Haidian Science Park - however the hotel was sorely let down by the terrible internet access it offered. The internet service was very expensive and very, very slow - for the "silicon valley" of China, this is something that needs to be sorted. All in all, however, it was a very good hotel - and I certainly would stay here again if they upgraded their internet offering.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

We stayed at this hotel for several days when we attended a conference at Tsinghua University. It's a 20-minute walk to the main building of the university and about 15 minutes to the subway. We thoroughly enjoyed the reasonably priced breakfast with a wide selection of western and Chinese dishes. The pool is wonderful (especially if you like to do laps), the gym is small but well equipped, the rooms are quiet, spacious and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. If you're going to Tsinghua, this hotel is ideal.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Stayed 7 nights at Holiday Inn Haidian, Beijing whilst on business last week. Changed my room to a non-smoking one when I checked in. As the hotel had not got any kings size rooms available that evening, I decided to take a twin bed roo (on 4th floor). The room was very spacious, quiet and well-equiped. Bed was comfy, shower room (walk-in shower; no bath) with WC was clean. There is a second telephone in the shower room, magnifying make-up mirror (attached to the wall) and even a speaker linking to the TV's audio, all of which I thought were very nice touches. I found the wifi connection in the hotel not too bad (both in my room and in the communal areas)
The staff at the Reception Desk were friendly and efficient; their command of English is good considering it is not their native language. I want to thank Nana and Vivian who went out of their way to make me feel welcome; they were most helpful and nothing was too much for these two ladies. Thanks also to Snow and his team (at the Concierge); they managed to find the much needed taxi during the Monday morning rush hours.

Someone from the Tripadvisor community has suggested that the Restaurant staff could learn from the Reception team. I agree. For instance, when my dish was delivered to my table, I had not expected to be asked (by the waitress) to take it off her tray (particularly when service charge is about 15%)! This had happened many times during my stay.

One note of caution. The hotel has a swimming pool (including a spa - jacuzzi) which guests can use free of charge. Ladies, if you want to use the pool, either bring your own swimming cap or pay 90RMB (about £10) to buy one from the hotel. The pool was lovely and mostly quiet; but the jacuzzi was not what I had expected. The jets are right in the centre (where there is no seating area!) instead of usually located along the spa's perimeter. But as I was the only one using the jacuzzi that afternoon, I could not complain.

All in all, a very good stay at this hotel and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while in Beijing and would recommend it. Rooms are of really good standard (much above any UK Holiday Inn) with good bathrooms, a lovely foyer area, great buffet breakfast and nice pool and jacuzzi. It's not in the centre of everything but was a 15-20 minute walk to the metro so not a problem, and the university area is 15 min away with some lively bars! Concierge was helpful and spoke decent English. Only disappointment was dinner in the Chinese restaurant wasn't great.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian? Share your experiences!