“good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian

You added Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tower A No.89 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, China (Wudaokou)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #51 of 5,422 Hotels in Beijing
beijing
“good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

As a plantinum member of IHG rewards program, I booked a room for my friend for 2 days. When I checked in, the front desk told me that my room had been upgraded to the executive level. Even though, the guest cannnot enjoy the mini bar in the executive floor. The hotel is close to Tshinghua Uinversity and it is convenient fo the subwy station.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MICKEY W, Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you for your stay with us at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests visiting Tsinghua University. Regarding to your comment on Benefits, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by Rewards Club service. As a platinum member, our hotel provide with free upgrade to the next room type when available, welcome drink and welcome fruit every stay. Rest assured that we have communicated your feedback with our guest service department and we will explain clearly to guests upon check in our hotel.

Thank you again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of IHG Rewards Club to better meet the needs of our members.

Email:online@hibeijinghaidian.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kortrijk, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Haidian hotel is a modern, high-quality hotel in the Haidian region of Beijing. Location-wise, it may not be perfect. It is located at about 30 min walk from Tsinghua university and 20 min walk from the Wudaokou subway station. Then again, Beijing is so large that wherever you are staying, it will most likely involve some form of traveling to get to your destination. Furthermore, taxis are plentiful and extremely cheap, so that should not be a problem. Apparently, there is also a shuttle in the morning to take you to the Wudaokou subway station, but I never saw this shuttle (or, frankly, looked for it). In return for being at the outskirts of Beijing, you get a nice and quiet hotel will excellent amenities.

The hotel rooms are nice and spacious. You get a lovely duvet, choice of soft or hard cushions, a nice sofa, and a television with a fair selection of English channels. The bathroom lacks a bath, but makes up for this with an excellent shower. Bottles of water are provided daily for your convenience, as tap water should probably be avoided in China. Interestingly, in the lobby there always seems to be some person available who is proficient in English to help you out. As such, I have had no problems communicating a small problem that I had with my room and everything was resolved swiftly and to satisfaction. All the staff is extremely friendly and almost all know the basic English words needed to perform their job. As such, the hotel is already among the best of the entire Beijing region. All the employees also go through a lot of trouble to help you out. The internet is a bit of the odd one out. I had a reliable, albeit (very) slow internet connection. I had internet for free as a member, but I would be hesitant to pay such an amount of many for internet that was this slow. Then again, I had it for free and I guess a lot of other people will too, so I am not overly annoyed by the slow speed.

The breakfast is enjoyable. You have a broad selection of both Chinese and Western food (for those who cannot stomach a typical Chinese breakfast in the morning) and you can have omelets made to order. The selection does not change too much (at all?) over the days, but there is so much to choose from that this should not be a problem. Mind you that the English translations are ... interesting, so get ready to eat some doughnots if you fancy those. Also lunch and dinner are of high quality. The service is great, you get lemon water with your meal and the food is quite nice as well. I am sure you can find better places to eat, but the hotel at least has a very good selection and the food is prepared with a lot of love and a lot of taste.

Overall, I have nothing to say that can detract from the 5 star rating of this hotel. If I am back in Beijing, I would not hesitate and immediately book the Holiday Inn Haidian. The rooms are a pleasure to be in, the staff are a pleasure to have around and everything is looked after. All in all, I had an extremely enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MICKEY W, Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer kvaruni,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. It’s a great to learn that our hotel impressed you deeply. As a staff member, I have shared with my colleagues in our teamwork. And we promise to provide excellent service much better in the future.
Also we kindly remind you that we have free shuttle bus from hotel to the nearby Wu Dao Kou metro station and hotel surrounding business area at 7:30am & 8:30am every Monday to Friday.
Many thanks again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit in Beijing.

nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I needed to stay in the university area of WuDaoKou in the northwest of Beijing. This hotel offered a large, quiet, well-appointed room that was completely spic and span. The service was top-notch although I didn't require much. It is about a 7-minute walk to the subway station and there were always plenty of taxis of every kind available. The gym and pool are small but it seemed that they never got much use so they were never crowded. Overall, I would stay there again and again if I needed to be in the northwest of Beijing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer DGKSDC,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our room is appreciated by a lot of guests because of the spaciousness and cleanness. The opening time of gym and swimming pool is between 5:30am to 11pm in the health club that is a great place to relax yourself.
Thank you again for your stay in our hotel and your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this fairly new hotel as it is about 8-10 mins walk to the main gate of Qinghua University. By booking with Travelchinaguide, we got very good rate for this hotel and I especially like the hotel voucher issued by Travelchinaguide as it includes the name and address of the hotel in Mandarin, very useful for showing to the taxi driver.

Service.
Front Desk , concierge and others were generally polite,accommodating and very helpful. The housekeeping staff were also very polite and professional in their attitude.

Room
Bed is very comfortable and our good size toilet includes a big bathtub.. Iron and ironing board are also provided in room and lift access to room can only be done with room card. Prior to trip, I registered online to be a priority club member for free and thus get to enjoy free wifi in the room.

Breakfast
The freshly cooked egg omelette with ingredients of your choice was very good. Bread selection could be improved with provision of rye and more wholemeal bread. On the whole, breakfast selection is sufficient.

Location
One can walk to Qinghua East road and then turn right to Wangzhuang Road and there are many korean restaurants, pizza huts and other eateries. One can also walk to Wudaokou where there are many reataurants which serve delicious food at very reasonable price. Outside Qinghua Uni main gate, one can also walk to Lotus supermarket and there are also many eateries. A taxi ride to Wudaokou subway cost about 13 to 14 RMB. Subawy costs RMB 2 to any distance and most attractions in Beijing are reachable by subway.

Pros: As our flight was past midnight and we checked out at noon, I could shower at the health club foor before departing for the airport. Towel and soap were also provided. This service adds value to the hotel.

Cons: We dined at the Chinese restaurant once for lunch and it was the most disappointing meal we had. We paid RMB 304 for two plates of fired rice and one vegetarian noodle. The price for the noodle is about 4 to 5 times what one would pay at a restaurant at Wudaokou. I do understand that hotel meal is usually more expensive but what annoyed us most is that the fired rice is basically white rice with very little ingredients- abit of egg , some corn and a few pieces of very tiny cut prawn and the noodle is very oily with not much vegetable. We thought that fired rice costing RMB 98 would be very delicious but it was really a letdown. We ate a whole peking duck, vegetable and two complimentary dessert at Da Dong for only RMB 368. I hope my review would lead to an improvement in the food provided at the Chinese restaurant.

Overall, I would recommend a stay at Holiday Inn Haidian if you need to stay near this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer Kim025Singapore,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our friendly service provided a welcoming environment where you were able to “Stay You”. Our breakfast is appreciated by a lot of guests because of the variety and quality. And staff are always friendly and helpful, if guests have any special requirement, we can be flexible to meet their needs.
Our hotel is located in the very convenient north of Beijing and situated close to many famous universities, such as Tsinghua University and Peking University. It has walking distance to the East gate of Tsinghua University and Wudaokou Metro Station. However, we were certainly disappointed that your experience in the Chinese restaurant was not 100% satisfactory, I would like to offer a sincere apology for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Rest assured, we will re-evaluate the quality of the food served from Chinese restaurant and do the necessary changes accordingly.

Many thanks again for your detailed comments and that will help us to continuously work harder to ensure we can provide the finest service to all our valued guests.
Should be any assistance, please feel free to contact me at online@hibeijinghaidian.com.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay of several days at this hotel. The room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, the cafe in the foyer and room service meals were good too. Staff were very good, friendly and helpful and their English was good too. The location, though not central, worked well for me. I often walked to the nearest subway station (Wudaokou) on Line 13 - it was about 10 or so mins walk - and used the subway to get to my various destinations around Beijing and to connect with the North Beijing Railway Station. I recommend the Beijing subway - it was excellent and only ever waited a couple of minutes for a train. The local environment was not so attractive and the footpaths very uneven or broken in places but I did enjoy a walk around the neaby Tsinghua University. There were also local shops and restaurants closeby (5 mins walk) and and at Wudaokou.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer Stephanie991181,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian and we appreciate your recommendation. We are very glad to acknowledge that you had a great time here and satisfied with hotel facilities.
Our hotel is located in the very convenient north of Beijing and situated close to many famous universities, such as Tsinghua University and Peking University. It has walking distance to the East gate of Tsinghua University and Wudaokou Metro Station. Some guest rooms of hotel have a great view of Tsinghua Campus and western hills. And it’s easy to get to favorite parts of the city within a short period of time, such as the Summer Palace, Bird’s Nest and Water Cube. There are also many good restaurants with local attractions and shopping centers nearby.

Thank you again for your stay in our hotel and your compliments.We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean rooms, good prices -- at least they use to be. Prices are going up though from when I've stayed here 8 months ago. This hotel is far from the city center and the airport. Unless you're in the area for the universities (Tsinghua, Beida, etc) or have a reason to be this far out, then it's better to stay closer to the city, given the horrendous traffic in Beijing these days.

There is nothing around this hotel, so if you want to stroll around, this hotel isn't the best. Great selection at breakfast time, staff is generally helpful. I did have the concierge cancel my car (for me without first notifying me) this time around though.

Room Tip: Rooms are a good size; Higher floors are better; Club lounge is nice and quiet, good selection of ap...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer Lillian W,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian and sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Our hotel is located in the very convenient north of Beijing and situated close to many famous universities, such as Tsinghua University and Peking University. And there are many choices of public transportations to get to the city center and the Summer Palace within a short period of time.
Thanks again for your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Ludhiana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is a little away from the center of Beijing, but it is quite near the Olympic village. The rooms are very good and the staff is friendly and helpful. I liked the breakfast, the only downside is the surroundings, there is no place nearby for a stroll, but all in all an hotel I can recommend.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer Sarvdeep B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay in Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian. We are really appreciated that you were satisfied with our hotel facility and friendly staff.
Our hotel is located in the very convenient north of Beijing and situated close to many famous universities. There are also many good restaurants with local attractions and shopping centers nearby. Next time, our concierge will offer some good suggestions proactively.
With regarding to the present traffic situation you mentioned, there is indeed a subway construction site that should be completed in the near future. However, our hotel has taken actions to arrange the free shuttle bus on 7:30am & 8:30am in the morning. It’s easy for in-house guest going to subway nearby and taking a taxi. We believe that the major road and the newly built metro will improve and solve the traffic issues.

Many thanks again for your detailed comments and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit in Beijing.

Email:online@hibeijinghaidian.com

Been to Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian? Share your experiences!