“Great stay, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian

Agoda.com IHG
Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tower A No.89 Shuangqing Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100085, China (Wudaokou)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #51 of 4,972 hotels in Beijing
Schenectady, New York
“Great stay, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I just spent my first four days in China (non-Chinese speaker) at the Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian. The staff were extremely helpful, the hotel was clean, elegant, and quiet. The hotel is conveniently located near one of the subway stops and very close to the airport expressway, making it easy to get back and forth from the airport and around the city. Any questions I had, the staff was eager to answer and offer assistance and advice when needed. The complimentary coffee service was not refreshed daily, but when I requested a sewing kit, it was promptly delivered to the room, so I think I could have gotten more coffee quickly if I'd asked for it. I am delighted that I chose to stay at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MICKEY W, Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your good comment regarding our hotel.Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian would like to offers business and leisure travellers dependability,friendly service,and modern facilities,for a relaxing experience at excellent value.We do hope for your next stay in the near future.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Holiday Inn is an excellent business hotel.

One nice feature is that they have adjustable-height swivel desk chairs in the guest rooms, which makes working on your computer much more comfortable than at many other hotels. The guest rooms are really high quality.

The hotel has three restaurants, serving Chinese, Indian and "Western fusion" food. I tried the Chinese menu a couple of times and was disappointed each time. In contrast, the Indian food was surprisingly good. I had just come from Delhi, and am familiar with good Indian food. The chef was a native Indian and the food was excellent. The breakfast buffet was good quality with a large selection of Chinese and Western dishes.

The staff were sometimes challenged to speak english. Often when I ordered room service, they could not understand what I was saying, even though I was ordering items straight off the menu. Overall I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

well this was an unplanned business trip to China, with colleauge and delegation...last week

was there was 4nights, the front desk took cre of most of my needs,
breakfast was inclded with our package and was good (not many changes through the 5days but good)

room was nice, mini bar loaded very averagely.
used the cableoupt/wifi (was complimentary being a priority club member: speed was pretty gd with the cable ouput)

lobby not very large but evertthing placed well, well light up: nice n bright.
money changing facility available-
just for 1st time travellers to China (exchange rates throughout the city and bank are same so yu can change the curreny at the hotel, on the contrary while I was at the market at a money changer he tld me that there would be a charge of 40RMB for every transaction: so better to change it at hotel/bank)

massage service used by my colleauge not at all even close to a decent massage, on the contrary the massuer took him for a ride for 100rmb extra: so i guess might as well use a profession spa service instead.)

hotel has malls/market area/clubs 10-20mins walking area, wetaher was really gd last week so enjoyed the walks.

overall nice place, was in for a buiness trip so not much time at the hotel property.

Room Tip: din't require this so not sure....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
MICKEY W, Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest gurprs,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. We are really pleased that you are satisfied with our hotel facilities and enjoyed your stay here. We pride ourselves on the warmth and sincerity of our staff and I am happy that we succeeded in extending our welcome to you. Hopefully it allowed you to relax during your business trip.
On your next visit, you may wish to experience our hotel massage which offers a whole range of body treatments for your selection.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. We do hope welcome you and your colleagues to our hotel again soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed in this great-looking hotel for five nights. It has the best free breakfast I've ever experienced with plenty of Chinese and western items to choose from. The staff was helpful, even booking an overnight train for us. There is lots to do within a short walking distance; the room was large and included two regular sized beds. After experiencing Beijing during the day, this hotel was the perfect place to re-group and relax at night. If you need to stay in this part of Beijing, near the universities, this is a great option.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest Heather3214,

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian following your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and expressed your positive comments to our staff team.
On your next visit us, I do hope you choose our Club Room on executive floor,which in addition to complimentary breakfast in our executive Club Lounge, also offers complimentary "Happy Hour"afternoon tea, seasonal fresh fruits, popular side dish and evening cocktails. We also suggest you try our indoor swimming pool, which has good view over the Tsinghua University campus.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope for your next booking with Advance Booking Rate to enjoy a guaranteed discount on room rates without prepayment !

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I wish Holiday Inn would build hotels like this in the USA.
My wife and I returned today from a weeks visit with our son in Beijing. The accommodations at the Holiday Inn in the Haidian district were excellent.
The staff is very friendly, efficient, and willing to help travelers in any way. I was particularly happy with the morning staff in the Fusion Flavors. Breakfast each day was a joy. I wish I had written down the names of the morning managers as they should recieve particular praise for their very kind assistance.
Do not worry that the hotel is not in the center of town. It's 45-0 minutes to the airport, a 15-30 minute cab ride to the center of town, a 5 minute walk to Tsinghua University. Cabs are readily available, cheap (Hotel to Forbidden city ~$6US; hotel to airport ~$15US) You have to ride in the cabs!!! What an experience, forget traffic regulations even exist!!
The rooms are great. Clean, comfortable, well lit, great TV with English channels, a safe in the room, the shower is terrific with a rain fall shower head.
I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest FloridaJawdoc,

Thank you for your extremely highly appraisal to Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian. I am happy that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel and also you enjoyed your stay in the city town.
We pride ourselves on the warmth and sincerity of our staff and I am happy that we succeeded in extending our welcome to you. I’ve passed your positive comments of our staff to hotel chief management, in particular. And your valuable tip on transportation is quite helpful for other reviewers or web visitors. Our hotel is only walking distance from Tsinghua University that is well known even for any taxi driver.
We do hope for your next stay and feel free to contact me at online@hibeijinghaidian.com to make a booking prior to your arrival.

Vale of Clwyd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed here 3 times during April 2012 whilst travelling in China.First visit was for 7nights followed by a 3night stay 2 weeks later and then another single night before our flight home to UK. Found the location very handy for visiting family who are living next door to the hotel and also for a visit to Tsinghua University. All our stays were extremely comfortable and all the staff we met were extremely helpful and friendly, especially the 'Bell Boys' and Even, (one of the Concierges) ,who did everything they could to help us.Many of the staff spoke very good English and we did not encounter any communication difficulties, all our requests and the few problems we encountered were very promptly dealt with. The rooms were very comfortable with good shower facilities but no bath. The only difficulty we had was controlling the room heating/AC, but as others have mentioned, this was insurmountable.
Breakfast was good and offered a variety of choices, we also ate dinner in the hotel several times including the Indian, Chinese and Western options. All proved to be very tasty and good value for money. We felt very comfortable and welcomed at the hotel and found it all a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of hotel face the railway line and may be noisier.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Cymro33,

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your home away from hometown during your visit to Beijing, and thank you for spending your time to share your comments and experience on tripadvisor platform.
We were pleased to hear that the comfort of our room and all kinds of restaurants impressed you deeply. I’ve passed your praise of Concierge staff to hotel management,Evan,in particular.
However, as your mentioned about the room air conditioning problem, I have checked with our hotel engineering staff for that. Our hotel guest room would keep seasonal range of temperature because all rooms are equipped with central air-conditioning.
In our continuous efforts to strive for perfection, your suggestions will be certainly valuable to further improve our service and products.
Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here fro three nights whilst visiting Tsinghua and Renmin Universities, which it is ideally located for. It feels brand new, is not crowded and is a bargain for the space, food and service that you get. I booked a club floor and my room was fantastic - great toiletries, great bed, great technology - much better than some of the 5* chains I stay in that cost four times as much! Wonderfully clean and fantastic shower.

The breakfast was the only thing I could think to improve on - just a little too unimaginative, sometimes cold when it should be hot, etc, but if you eat the asian choices I'm sure its fine. They have Indian chefs who make very good indian food for dinner. The staff were super keen and attentive.

Room Tip: For not much more it is worth upgrading to club
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Best Regards

Been to Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian? Share your experiences!