“Awesome Dumplings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hutong

The Hutong
No.1 Jiu Dao Wan Zhong Xiang Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beixinqiao (Metro Line 5), Beijing 10007, China
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 309 Activities in Beijing
5.0 of 5 stars 192 Reviews
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hutong is Beijing's culture exchange center in the heart of the capital. From cooking classes to tea workshops, and more.
Geelong, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Awesome Dumplings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I did the dumpling class with Sophia. It was a great day she was brilliant. I would definitely recommend this. Beautiful location and we learnt so much!!! Hands on class for any cooking enthusiast.

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Dumpling Revolution – awesome cooking class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was at The Hutong for a cooking class (Dumpling Revolution), which was really amazing. Our instructor Sophia was super cool; she was very enthusiastic – her passion was infectious. She created a great atmosphere and entertained questions which is always a bonus being in a very relaxing environment. We made dumplings – not the traditional Chinese ones but a bit of fusion as we made Naan Bread Dumplings with chicken and vegetable fillings. Whilst cooking, she spoke about the history of dumplings through mainland China and at the end of it all – we got to eat the reward of our hard work which was another great part of the session. I had a really great time here and would return upon future visits to Beijing. I’d recommend this to people as you are guaranteed a great time, awesome atmosphere and very knowledgeable couple of hours in the company of very warm and passionate instructors.

Atlanta
17 attraction reviews
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I just was part of an even (Pies and Ales) here a few days ago. Its in an really cool historical location, the staff is well trained and attentive. I wish I had thought if this idea. The new terrace is a great addition and everyone had a great time. I would love to go to a cooking class here. I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
“excellent tour and cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I attended a tour of a Hutong market with Sophie and a dumpling cooking class with Sue. Both of them were excellent - Sophia is a wonderful guide, she is knowledgeable , perceptive, and entertaining, with a sense of humor and a wealth of cultural information. The cooking class was well-organized and Sue provided us with many insights and lots of information about China. Both of them explained things very well, in perfect English. The Hutong was sensitive to different needs and created a great atmosphere among the participants. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants an informative and fun time.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Great Fun Cooking Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I attended a Chinese cooking class in the evening of 16 April. Our excellent chef was Miya she spoke very good English and Chinese and explained things very well. We all chopped the ingredients and took turns stir frying and cooking. The class gave a good insight into Chinese cooking, we did three dishes in 2 1/2 hours. We cooked Tofu and minced Pork followed by deep fried egg plant and potato with green pepper, and finally chicken with noodles. They all tasted fantastic. The atmosphere was friendly and fun and I would definitely recommend the class. I thought it was good value also.

Visited April 2014

Been to The Hutong? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Hutong, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.