“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square

You added Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building A, Fangheng Internatioanl Mansion, Building 3, No.6 Futong East Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100102, China (Wangjing)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #80 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pepperell. MA
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Stayed March 20-21, 2012 on business. Selected hotel based on proximity to my office, which was a short walk. Room was comfortable, spacious, and the internet service worked fine. Good bathroom amenities, and bottled water provided was generous (2 large bottles each day). Signs warning guests not to drink tap water were thoughtful (though I already know not to drink the water in China, having the signs was a nice touch). Breakfast on the 6th floor was good - friendly staff, good selection of foods, quick, and comfortable. The only thing that I would have liked is a guest laundry - the Holiday Inn Express around the corner has one, and it would have saved my company about $50 for 4 sets of shirts, socks, and undies, Check-in and check-out were problem free, quick, and accurate. The room rate included breakfast (which they told me when I checked in). I'd stay here or in the Express around the corner next time, the hotel is convenient to the airport and my office, and my lack of Cantonese was never a problem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

Your comments are very much appreciated and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience you had with us.
We do have a Laundry/Dry Cleaning service on the premises, therefore, we will make sure either not forget to put the information……or place it in a more prominent place.
Should you come back to our hotel, we would be happy to offer you free laundry for the items you mentioned above. Please contact me at ext. 6101 or any of our Front Office Staff.

Christian Eyer – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Everett, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is about half way between the airport and downtown Beijing. It is relatively new, the room was large (King room), the bathroom was large, the internet was good, mini-bar, refrigerator, good view.... two of the desk staff I talked to spoke good English and were professional. Check in/out was good. TV had plenty of English speaking channels. There is a shopping mall just around the corner with restaurants.

I didn't eat in their restaurant or go the bar, but I have no complaints with this hotel at all.

At only 10,000 points, it's been a bargain for Priority Club members for at least the last 7 months (We have been there four times since summer).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is excellent. Efficient clean comfortable with all amenities. Ideally located for focus square area business & only 20min to airport. Only complaint is the aircon. Minus 6 outside but I couldn't get room temp below 24 degrees

• Stayed January 2012
BeijingMiaomiao, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Appreciate for your valuable and details comments to us, hotel team have been keeping work hard for air condition issue that we believe it will run to the right direction when next time you check in our hotel. Looking forward to welcome you back soon!
India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I had traveled to Beijing for some office work and ended up staying in this hotel since it was closer to my office. Boy, did I regret my decision!

If you are a vegetarian, you will starve! Carry your own food coz all you will get in this hotel is a margarita pizza and green salad.

The staff does not understand English so basically you are on your own and there is not much point asking for any extra service or complaining coz half the time they would not know what you are saying. Also boil your drinking water, 2 of my colleagues got sick due to bad water. The reception mixed up my bills and I had a tough time claiming back.

The room were decent though. The hotel has a bar downstairs, and surprisingly good service there.

Overall I would not want to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to give your comments about our hotel. As the new General Manager of this property, I feel extremely sad about the poor experience you had with us and apart from expressing my deepest apologies, and should you give us the chance to serve you again, please contact me directly so I can offer you a deserved compensation.
With best regards,
GM
Kanagawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have stayed this hotel several times since April 2011. The room is quite OK as it is very new hotel. The A/C in this hotel does not work properly and it is often very hot in summer and very cold in winter. When I stayed there in Dec. 2011, the outside temeprature was about -10 degrees C and the A/C did not work well and I felt very cold especially work desk area due to cold wind from window area.
The room size is normal business class hotel and wired internet connection is easy to use and the speed is acceptable.
Quality of breakfast is average in Chinese standard.
As this is quite new hotel, most taxi drivers do not know this hotel. If you do not know the location and how to get there, and you cannot speak Chinese, you should have a very detail map otherwise you will have a problem.

Room Tip: For summer, facing to north or east room is better (facing south and west rooms are often very hot d...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We arrived at 21.40 from a long journey. We had booked 4 rooms and confirmed them. Our agent had called during the day informing the hotel what tie we would arrive. We were told that there were no rooms. During the hour that we all stood at reception whilst Salina the Duty manager clicked on the computer nobody even offered us a drink of water.
The problem was not finally solved till a quarter to one in the morning. Thus ruining a nights sleep between business meetings.
This hotel cost more than the amount spent on hotels on the 3 previous nights together. Due to the long journey and tight schedule we thought it was best to stay at a top rate hotel before an important business meeting.
All I can say is NEVER AGAIN.
Btw- i suggest all readers look at my other reviews. This is the first time I have ever written a bad review about a hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BeijingMiaomiao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
We do sincerely apologize for the experience you had on the 30th November night and the inconvenience caused. We truly understand what you felt at the moment. We have discussed this matter with our management team and taken the appropriate action to ensure that guests with guarantied reservation will have their room ready upon arrival

We have also retrained all our front office employees to ensure our check in procedures is followed.

We do understand that after such experience you will not consider staying with us again. Nevertheless we are sure that this case was an isolated one and not representative of the

Service offered to our customer. We sincerely hope that you will give a chance to let you enjoy both our hardware and service quality. Should you do so please let us know as early as possible by either contacting our Director of Sales & Marketing Leo QI via xin.qi@ihg.com; or Front Office Manager Mark LU via pei.lu@ihg.com; so we can let you enjoy our suite during your next stay. Again our entire team apologizes and hopes having the privilege of welcoming you during your next visit in Beijing.

With Kind Regards.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

One of the smoothest Holiday Inn experiences ever!
Free upgrade to club room. Since I reserved the breakfast package, the breakfast charge was deducted without my asking for it! I was really surprised by the honesty and carefulness of the staff.
Free parking, that was wonderful as well.
The room was totally new, and good.
I just couldn't find anything flawed. Best value ever!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BeijingMiaomiao, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Appreciate for your valuable and details comments to us, Looking forward to welcome you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square? Share your experiences!