“A Nice Little Escape” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Wall Garden Hotel

You added Red Wall Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Red Wall Garden Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 41 Shijia Hutong, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100010, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Exclusive Freebies
Ranked #3 of 5,439 Hotels in Beijing
Incheon, South Korea
“A Nice Little Escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for a few days to experience the Spring Festival. This is a nice little courtyard hotel, which is a nice change of pace from the usual high rise hotels that one would stay in. The ambiance is great, from the front gate to the uneven wood flooring in my room. One thing to remember though is that if you choose this option, you sacrifice location as it is a bit of a walk from some places, and taxis may not know where to go. The service was very nice, and I had a personalized welcome card and information sheet upon arrival. The bed was a bit shaky, but the mattress was amazing! The only problem I had with cleanliness was in the shower. They place a clear glass pane against the wall, but the glass is not flush against the wall. This caused a few bugs to crawl in and stay there - not something you want to see while taking a shower or using the bathroom. The room was also a bit chilly, and the walls are quite thin - but I was so tired from walking around all day that I never had a problem going to sleep. All in all it was a nice time that was different from the usual hotel experience!

Room Tip: When walking to the subway, do not cross the street and go into the closer stop, keep walking and us...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed in Red Wall Garden Hotel recently during our short visit to Beijing. We were very impressed by how beautiful the hotel is. The staff are incredibly helpful and lovely, we felt very welcomed through the whole stay. It is also conveniently located in the heart of Beijing, with a walking distance of 10 mins to Wangfujing. We would definitely come back to stay in this lovely hotel. Highly recommended!

Mina

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was the one shining light in my entire trip to Beijing. I stayed here for five nights while I traveled around Beijing sightseeing in some of the worst pollution in recent months. They picked me up from the airport even though it was close to 1am when I got through customs. The hotel is so beautiful and immaculate, it hurt my eyes. The decor was tasteful and not over the top. I've never slept so well and it's location in Shijia Hutong is quaint and great for exploring. It was conveniently located near the Dengshikou subway station and Wangfujing Street. I felt very safe in the hotel as they locked the courtyard doors each night (however you might get locked out if you come back later than midnight :/).
However the best part of this hotel is the people. The receptionists were helpful and responded to all my queries either in person or over the phone. The house cleaners, although I never saw them were very meticulous and arranged everything to perfection. One day I came back to find my little traveling mascot, Pingu had been placed on my pillow :) However, my favourite people of all were the waiters and managers in the hotel restaurant. As a solo traveler I unfortunately didn't dare going out for dinner, so I ate at the hotel every night. The waiters and especially the female managers were very attentive and very kind to me. They were so gracious in everything they did and I am very grateful. The breakfast staff (buffet breakfast is free if you stayed a certain amount of nights) were also very polite and friendly.
I can't thank the Red Wall Garden Hotel enough for making my stay so enjoyable. They were indeed an Oasis in the chaos and smog that is Beijing. Only staying here would make me consider going back to Beijing again!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear So_Yun

Thank You so very kindly for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Red Wall Garden Hotel.

We are all so very proud of this magnificent hotel and it is feedback such as yours that makes us understand if we are on track to exceeding our guests expectations and I am very proud to note that we did just that. Please be assured that your wonderful feedback regarding the Service and Staff has already been shared with the entire team.

Once again I truly Thank You for an amazing review and we would all look forward to welcoming you back at any time in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel, very clean and more than enough facilities. Staff were great and conveniently spoke English. Recommend Great Wall tour through the hotel and MTR is round the corner. Supermarket is 15min walk and there's lots of shops all round, even the high end department stores. Google maps was not working however Apple maps worked perfectly. Enjoy

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear pravb1234

Thank you for taking the time in writing to Trip Advisor your comments are very much appreciated . We strive to do our best at the Red Wall Garden and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Should you visit Beijing again please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and my wife first time travel to beijing and we decided to stay something different, after we research and read other travellers review, so we choose Redwall Garden Hotel...we stay there 5 nights and it is fantastic, the decor, design is very classic and we love it so much, the location is bit hard to find it, some of the taxi driver may not know there is a hotel in Shijia Hutong but the Dengshikou subway station is only 5mins walking distance..we glad that we got the right choice and also spend our valentine day, even my birthday as well. One thing that make me feel so warm that a staff send me a greeting card with a piece of birthday cake and fruits plate when i back from sightseeing..i definitely will recommend to my friends and family glad that we got the right choice and also spend our valentine day, even my birthday as well. One thing that make me feel so warm that a staff send me a greeting card with a piece of birthday cake and fruits plate when i back from sightseeing..i definitely will recommend to my friends and family

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Klv Y

As you quite rightly mention it is the touches and the detail that truly make the difference between a good and exceptional guest experience. I am so pleased that you noted this and for this I thank you.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you want to have a taste of China and avoid the big and boring international hotels, then book the Red Wall garden hotel. In a small and traditional old street but very close to the center and the subway you will be extremely well received by a competent and friendly staff. Rooms have an exotic flavor but with all the modern facilities. We loved it!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Daria M

Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Part of a last-minute business trip to Xiamen, I spent 4 nights in Beijing at this wonderful hotel. Located on one of the few Hutong still standing after Beijing's rapid development, within walking distance to Tiananmen Sq & Forbidden City.. Staff were extremely gracious and accommodating, adding an additional night when flights changed, arranging a side trip to the Great Wall, providing directions on the Metro, and even translating a complaint to the local police chief to helped sort out a Tea House Scam (see TA site). So much better than the impersonal service of the large western chain hotels. I wish I spoke more than a few words of Mandarin with which to express of my gratitude, but even this would be unnecessary as they all converse in English very well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: All rooms will be quiet because the hotel is off of the main avenues.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear grisha54

Thank You so very kindly for your positive and thoughtful review.

I am so pleased and very proud to note the wonderful service you received from a passionate and very committed team of staff. We are all very proud of this establishment and feedback such as yours truly makes us understand if we are achieving our aims.

Please be assured that your feedback has already been shared with the entire team, and please do let us know should you require any further translation assistance with the issue you mentioned.

Kind Regards

Gavin

Been to Red Wall Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!