“....a hidden jewel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grace Beijing

You added Grace Beijing to your Saves list
Grace Beijing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jiuxianqiao Lu, 2 Hao Yuan,798 Yishu Qu, 706 Hou Jie, I Hao, Beijing 100015, China (Formerly Yi House Art Hotel) (Jiuxianqiao)   |
Ranked #63 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Loerrach
“....a hidden jewel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

As this was my first trip to Beijing and I was a bit concerned about all the pollution and traffic the city stands for, I was looking for a more relaxed location.
The Grace Beijing is situated in the 798 Art district, a hip quarter with over 100 art galleries where one can walk around without being worried about approaching cars.
I arrived early in the morning and was able to check-in my deluxe room. The room was very stylish decorated with a great attention to details. I had a bowl of strawberries and a letter from the manager welcoming me to the hotel. WiFi was offered free of charge!
The bathroom was spacious and I really liked the amenities used. The bed, I tell you, was fantastic so comfortable and lots of pillows to chose from, I even asked the hotel fro the brand of the mattress as I really would like to have the same at home. The rooms were cleaned everyday as well as a nice turndown service.
They had one restaurant which was called Yi House and the food was amazing. Breakfast was always a highlight with a wide selection of fresh juices and classics like an egg Benedict. The chef was from Switzerland and offered a wide selection of international food that changed every day.
One of my big concerns was the communication with the Chinese, however I have to admit that everyone at the hotel made the most effort and were so friendly and helpful. They told me to call the hotel whenever I had any problem with communication and they would do that for me. I always had my taxis arranged by them and they would explain all to the drivers. This was a real plus as I think I would have gone lost in Beijing as the Taxi drivers don't speak any English.
At the end of my stay I had a last great experience, there was the Mercedes Benz Fashion show in and around the hotel which was a great experience to see some important Asian fashion experts and models.
If I ever come back I would stay again at Grace Beijing, even it is 15 min drive sometimes to Sanlitun area but you have your peace and the chance to buy some souvenirs other than any piracy products. Additional in summer, they will have their garden restaurant open, which gives you an impression of being anywhere else but in polluted Beijing. Positive was as well that it took me only 15 min as well to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the Grace Hotel for 9 nights in December. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were beautifully warm and comfortable despite the below-zero temperatures outside, and the breakfasts and dinner were fantastic. It's not cheap, but for a solo traveller visiting the galleries of 798 it was perfect, and such a refreshing change from the bland chain hotels. The only downside is that most taxi drivers can't find it, and I got lost quite a few times on foot returning from 798 (but that's probably just my bad sense of direction and minimal Chinese!) I plan to return to this hotel next time I visit Beijing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I felt the staff here was excellent. Not to mention the rooms were stylish, clean and roomy. I highly recommend it, particularly for those who are there to visit galleries. It is a really pedestrian-friendly neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Roberto P, General Manager at Grace Beijing, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear MMKNewYork

Every team member and I would like to thank you for the nice review that you were so kind to post following your recent stay with us.

It was truly heartwarming to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and have found our associates to be overall excellent in their service delivery. This certainly goes a very long way in motivating them to continue to excel in exceeding our valued patrons' expectations.

Thank you again and with our renewed thanks and warm regards remain,

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A really special hotel. The service and the location are really well prepared at a nice level of quality that makes you feel that you were there before or that you are just staying in your friend's house. The staff is really friendly and professional. The rooms are really cool and fully equipped with everything you may need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Roberto P, General Manager at Grace Beijing, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear JamieDaza

Every team member and I would like to thank you most sincerely for the very appreciative review that you have kindly posted.

We are all very proud that you have enjoyed our facilities and equally our service and such complimentary feed-back will inevitably contribute in motivating further the entire team to continue delivering service excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of playing host to you again in the near future and meanwhile remain with best personal regards,

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is peaceful, with very good food, very comfortable rooms and very nice people! I always stay there when I travel to Beijing for business, it helps me to relax despite the stress of the traffic jam... Which I don't have because Grace Beijing is located out of the busy rings:)

Room Tip: choose the garden room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear FlorencePaget

Thank you so much for your review which is truly much appreciated by all of us.

Welcoming returning guests not only gratifies us immensely but, at the same time, makes us proud as it reinforces our commitment to provide to our valued guests a feel of a "home away from home".

We thank you again and very much look forward to the pleasure of playing host to you again and again in the future.

rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been travelling with my son in Beijing and after visiting many hotels worldwide I would like to precise that the overall rating is excellent, the staff very professional and kind as well as the management always there to assure a memorable staying.
I do suggest this property for a nice and smooth staying in Beijing

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sandrorome

By way of this note I wanted to acknowledge the appreciative content of your recent review with much gratitude.

Every team member and I are certainly very gratified to read that you and your son have found our facilities and service to be excellent and, at the same time, we feel extremely proud to have met the expectations of seasoned travelers such your good selves.

We look very much forward to the pleasure of having you back with us in the not too distant future and remain, with very kind regards,

Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a gem! Easy access from the airport and to downtown, considering the notorious traffic in Beijing. Warm and attentive staff is refreshing for a traveler. The room is spacious and bright with beautiful details and modern Chinese furniture. The wonderful restaurant under Chef Christian is surely one of the best in Beijing, as one can sense from the guests' enjoyment of the brunch on a snowy Sunday. If you are tired of ordinarily so called 5 star hotels with crowded buffet line, you will certainly be pleasantly surprised by experiencing this one for your stay. You feel home, a beautiful home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Roberto P, General Manager at Grace Beijing, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Charles K

Every team member and I acknowledge receipt of your recent review and its content with much gratitude.

Such comments, aside from fostering further our commitment to consistently deliver service excellence, make us truly very proud hosts.

It was equally very heartwarming that you have enjoyed our restaurant overall. Chef Christian and his team are passionate culinary talents and, much appreciated comments like yours, contribute significantly in enhancing even more their level of creativity and gastronomic skills at large.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon for another "amazing" stay and remain with best personal regards,

Roberto and Grace Beijing team

Been to Grace Beijing? Share your experiences!