“Superb refreshing airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport

Save Saved
You added Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport to your Saves list
Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Erjing Road, Terminal 3, Capital International Airport, Beijing 100621, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early, Enjoy 25% off
Ranked #21 of 5,111 hotels in Beijing
dunadry
“Superb refreshing airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just checked out of the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport Hotel after a one night stay. This is by far the best airport hotel I have stayed in. From an upgrade at check in to Club room through the great tandoori chicken pizza in the bar, really comfortable bed and fast and efficient check out and transfer to the airport, this was a great (all too short) stay.

The staff were very friendly, stopping to say hello, spoke good English and were helpful and efficient.

My colleague, who was also with me, had stayed the previous week and been on the shuttle bus when there was an accident. Not the hotel drivers fault. On check in they made a point of speaking to my colleague and again apologising for any inconvenience caused to him and updating him on the circumstances surrounding the accident.

The room was very comfortable, modern with great amenities and a really comfortable bed. The air con worked brilliantly, which made for a good nights sleep. Despite being close to the airport there was no noise.

As with most Langham hotels, the place is quirky in a pleasing way. Lots of artwork, a great work and play IT area, video games consoles, pool tables in the main bar and a resident DJ, although we didn't hear him as we had a very early flight and needed some sleep. The pizza in the bar was superb and the happy hour (buy 2 get 1 free on local beers etc) a nice touch.

We ate in the club lounge and the complimentary food was undoubtedly the best I have had in any hotel club lounge. Fresh Japanese sashimi, hot fish dishes, complimentary beers, wines and premium spirits, all served in a quiet, relaxing environment, again with friendly, efficient staff in attendance.

There's a gym which we didn't use, but which was well equipped. The only thing missing, which I think would have been useful, was a steam room/sauna.

The hotel is less than 5 minute free shuttle bus ride from terminal 3 and the bus runs every 15 minutes, and we were given a breakfast box as we left at 4am. There is also a complimentary self serve coffee and pastry station for those catching early flights and unable to get breakfast which I think is served from 6am. They do have 24 hour room service however so you can get breakfast at anytime to your room.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be close to the airport, whether visiting Beijing on business, as a single traveller or as a couple or indeed as a family. There's something for everyone and the Langham does it all so well. From the airport there is also a fast 20 minute) train transfer into Beijing itself so I suppose you could use the hotel as a base to visit the city itself.

Next time I'm in Beijing and need to stay close to the airport, I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a free upgrade to club floor so don't know how much it would be normally, but the food wa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I thank you very much for your very detailed review and kind comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed our facilities, our amenities and bed, the quality of food at our Club L executive floor, the art, games and resident DJ as well as quality and friendliness of our colleagues to mentioned only a few. Our ultimate goal is to offer genuine service and build great memory by capitalizing on the passion or our colleague to offer friendly, professional service and going an extra mile in pleasing our guests. I also very much appreciate your comments on our early breakfast and free shuttle bus.

Your review has been published in our daily colleague communication and related colleagues have been praised accordingly.

My team and I look forward welcoming you back soon at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport. Meanwhile we wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014.

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent hotel, staff are a joy, each of them, Couldn't have been more friendly and helpful I'd certainly stay at this hotel again. . Food was excellent with great choice and service. Music in the lobby was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

I thank you for taking the time to write this review on the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and particularly the friendliness and dedication of our team members
as our management team pay a lot of effort in promoting and cultivating the passion of service and quality throughout the hotel. I have passed your complement to our culinary team as well as to Justin our resident DJ.

My team and I hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Airport and take this
opportunity to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Entire staff super helpful, friendly and English speaking. Place is modern, arty and trendy without overdoing it. Just stayed one night because flew in from Kunming to return to USA next morning. Normally stay downtown Beijing, but if I was working in the airport area for several days, would have no hesitations staying here longer, (though prefer being in the center of things)

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I thank you for sharing your experience at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Our team members are dedicated to offer stimulating hospitality and I was delighted to read that you have found our colleagues friendly and helpful as well as enjoyed our facilities.

My team and I hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Airport.

Minster, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

If you ever need to hang near the Beijing airport the night before an early flight, I can tell you that this place is in a great position. No flight noise, no hassel, nice free shuttle. This place is clean and the staff is friendly.
I will stay here again and I will eat at the Fuel restaurant again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am very glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. I have praised our team members both at The Place & Fuel Restaurant for the great service offered. I will keep motivating our colleagues to further deliver superior service and build great memories.

Again I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you back.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was incredibly impressed with the Langham Beijing airport. I had a 18 hour layover so booked out of necessity (not interested in traveling into Beijing for such a short time). The pickup at the airport, club room lounge, gym and staff were all fantastic. I got in around 5pm, used the gym (which is small but clean, and has plenty of equipment), then headed to the club lounge for the evening snacks/drinks. There was plenty of food, so made a dinner out of it. Had a great, quiet night sleep then headed to the restaurant for the breakfast buffet - wow! Seriously one of the better hotel buffets. The stations were well stocked, the food was good and the service was perfect. When I checked out, after getting to the airport, I realized I left my iPad charger in my room. S I called the hotel and they arranged to have the shuttle driver meet me to return it. Not only did this happen, but they even called me back to confirm that the driver would be there in '4 minutes' - no joke. He was there in 4. Awesome service. I wish this hotel was replicated downtown and in every other city I travel in.

Room Tip: Club level is a great bargain.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was glad to read that you have enjoyed the location, facilities, the quality of food at our Club L executive floor as well as the Breakfast the Place Restaurant. Our team members are genuinely dedicated to offer friendly and efficient service. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with the efficient sending your iPad charger as it gave me the opportunity to praise our concierge team and driver for a well done job and building great memories.

I have shared your comments with our colleagues and we all look forward welcoming you soon back at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After a terrible stay in Beijing in my first stop over, I decided to go all out and stay at the Langham. My main worry last time was transfers from the airport to my hotel. The langham provides from Terminal 2 at every 1/2 hour for 24 hours, pick up point outside Gate 3. This was such a great service, as my plane was delayed by 2 hours and arrived quite late, knowing that I would safely be going straight to the hotel.

The room was so spacious. The bathroom was huge! I ordered room service, and found this fantastic and tasty. The bed was comfy, one of the most comfiest on my travels. Yes you do pay a little more to stay at this hotel, but money was well spent, and I wished I stayed here on my way over.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I thank you for posting this review on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed our Dream Big bed as well as the pink shuttle bus, two of our many special features which have been mentioned by many of our guests. I have shared your comments with our team members to ensure we will keep offering stimulating hospitality and making airport hotel fun.

Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport team thank you and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in Langham Place Beijing Airport for 3 nights as I was on my business trip last week in Beijing.

Before I arrived in Beijing city, I called the concierge to look for information for bookbinding service. The hotel was sorry to informed that they dont have a binding machine, however, they can look for boutique shops offering such service around airport area. When I arrived the hotel, I am amazed by the concierge called Joe and Jerry who empowered themselves to delight me by offering 3 business cards with contact numbers of binding shops for me to select.

I stayed in club floor, the club floor service service were great to offer me warm service through my stay, with smiles and joyful gesture always.

If I have opportunity to travel back to Beijing, this hotel will be my first choice for business trip in Beijing city.

Room Tip: Room facing airport T3
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I thank you very much for taking the time to post such detailed review on your experience at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was very glad to read that you had a great experience during your stay and that our team members were able to help you and solve you problem. I have also praised our Front office team for a well done job as well as Joe and Jerry for being so proactive in helping you. Thank you for highlighting the quality of service provided at our club L which many of our guests recognize.

I thank you very much for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and look forward welcoming you soon again.

With Kind Regards
John Vouillamoz

Been to Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport? Share your experiences!