“My third time there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tianchu Miaoxiang Vegetarian

Tianchu Miaoxiang Vegetarian
Rm 0206, 2F, Bldg D, Chaowai SOHO, Yi6# Chaoyangmenwai Dajie,, Beijing 100020, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)
010-59001088,010-59001288
Improve this listing
Ranked #202 of 9,394 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Vegan
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Description: As a 7 years old and popular vegetarian restaurant in town, we are distinguished by our FREE Open Kitchen policy (customer is encouraged to visit our clean kitchen & inventory) and FREE vegetarian cooking training salon.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“My third time there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great little place, though it's hard to find as it's on the second floor of a half-empty office-building/shopping mall. This was my third time there. It's been consistently clean, with great service and wonderful food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Can't knock it..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Its on the 2nd Floor! So like most things for non manderine speaker hard to find! A lot of faux meats, but done quite well and not too expensive... Worth a visit for sure.

Visited November 2012
SINGAPORE
“Very good vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Our favorite vegetarian restaurant in Beijing. The menu selection is very wide and the food is tasty. The good thing is its without MSG and the place does not permit smoking. Price is very reasonable and you get to cumulate reward points to if you finish your food each time, as they do not encourage food wastage. A relaxing place with the cozy atmosphere and healthy eating.

SoCal
“Excellent Vegetarian restaurant near Tsinghua University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Despite difficulty finding the restaurant (literally next to the Google building) and a wait to be seated, I'd still give this place an excellent rating. While waiting, they offer tea, fresh fruit, ginko beans, and more. They've got a varied menu including faux meat as well as loads of mushroom dishes, tofu dishes, and even offer different rice preparations. Plus, there were very good tea options. My 2 year old son who, can be picky at times, not only drank the tea but ate the woodear mushrooms - he'd never done that before. Overall, excellent!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Modi'in
“Delicious food, and extraordinary service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was in Beijing for five days, and ate at this restaurant four times. The fact that it was next door to my hotel was certainly a plus, but the excellent food and overwhelmingly warm and helpful service were the real reasons I returned. There were many interesting items on the menu, and I tried several of them each meal, always with a great deal of pleasure and satisfaction.

Note that the restaurant can be very crowded at lunchtime and at night. You might well need to wait a while to get a table.

To avoid the line, I decided to order take out on one occasion. It still took quite a while to prepare my meal, because the restaurant was so busy. But the staff were amazingly nice to me, pouring me cup after cup of tea, and bringing me plates of watermelon to snack on until my food was ready.

I don't know what it was called, but there was a smoky plum tea with citrus fruits that was out of this world.

The staff doesn't speak much English, but the menu has beautiful pictures and descriptions (usually) in English. Between that, the tiny bit of Mandarin that I learned before my trip, and good will all around, I ate very well and had a great experience.

Maybe it's just me, but it took a while for me to find the restaurant. It's often described as being next door to Beijing's Google headquarters, and that's true -- but it's on the ground floor of an office tower, and can be a bit hard to see if you don't know to look for it.

I look forward to returning to Beijing, and to eating once again at Tianchu Mioxiang.

• Visited June 2012