“Good business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing

You added Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District | Upper Floors of China World Tower (Iii), Starting From 64/F, Beijing 100004, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 5,485 Hotels in Beijing
Hong Kong
“Good business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

As good as it gets in Beijing.

Great pool area, good western restaurant, caring staff, excellent room and great top floor bar. Also you can sign at other Shang hotels in the vicinity like Kerry etc. where Centro Bar is - ask for the old China hand Jason at this place for the scoop as to whats happening around town. Good airport meet and greet service - you are met at the gate straight off the plane. Quite a few ex-pats working here so few language problems.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear biztrav88,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing, and your spending time making comments for us on TripAdvisor. It is always reward and encouragement for us to receive positive feedback from our guests.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love this hotel, highest in Beijing ! Room was excellent, spacious and clean! very convenient location, service could be better. Concierge and housekeeping team was the best. Breakfast was average, walking distance to mall

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear winnielow,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. Your feedback is very important to us. I will share your review with the team internally.

Thank you again for spending time making comments for us on TripAdvisor.

Briarcliff Manor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent a week here and have to say it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed it. From the time you check in to the time you leave, the staff are there to help you. The rooms are quite large and perfectly furnished - the view of the city is great assuming the air is clean. The restaurants are decently priced with excellent food. This would rank as a 5 star hotel in any city in the world and it's a perfect choice to stay in.

Dear PeteZebra,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing, and your spending time making comments for us on TripAdvisor. It is a great reward for us to receive encouraging comments like this.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of the business district in Beijing. But... you have everything at your fingertips. Ladies, you have a multistory shopping complex connected to the hotel. You can shop comfortably even in bad weather. Jewelry, art, clothes, accessories, luggage, and restaurants are located in 3 stories of shopping. And, if you get hungry, the basement level even has a nice supermarket. There are also several parks near the hotel for walks. The rooms above the 64 floor are elegant. The bathrooms have double sinks and a spacious walk-in shower and separate tub. Nicely decorated with a wall of floor to ceiling windows with electronic screens in the bedroom so you can view the city. No expense was spared here. There is plenty of staff waiting to greet you and help with bags or directions. The 64 floor has a seating lounge and conference rooms. They keep cold water and tea or juice along with pastries and fruit available for guests all day. Your room key gives you access to 2 free computers with internet. Rooms also have internet connections. I have stayed here for 2 years and the service and attention to guests is of the highest quality every time I visit. The hotel restaurants are excellent. The Grill 79 restaurant offers a buffet breakfast with Cheeses, meats and fish, yogurts, cereal, bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns and a variety of Chinese breakfast options. Freshly baked breads and pastries, fresh fruit, fruit juices and milk. They also cook omelets, pancakes and waffles.The top few floors have a gym, pool, spa and a bar. Subway is close. This place is worth a stay!

Room Tip: I do not think this place has a bad room. I have stayed on the 79th and 74th floors and both were g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear TravellingWineguy,

We highly appreciate your having chosen China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. It is our honor to have loyal and nice guests like you. Receiving such positive comment is always a great reward and encouragement for us.

Sincerely thank you for making comments for us on TripAdvisor. And we look forward to having you in the near future.

Best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am 22 years old, and my sister and I stayed here for almost one week August 20-26, 2013 in the Premier suite. Excellent view and room, but I expected a higher room, we were on the 70th floor(the highest is 79 I believe). I was touring Beijing so the location was not ideal for me, but I love the convenience of the mall downstairs, and quality of a hotel is far more important than location to me. The hotel is situated in the Central Business District of Beijing near CCTV, it is best for business people. The subway is a short walk through the mall so very convenient. Finding a taxi, even at a hotel seems difficult in Beijing. The hotel staff is very polite and helpful. In particular Mr. Philip Wang (王先生)was the most helpful and politest person at the hotel, if you stay here you will not be disapointed by him, he printed out many maps for us with the best restaurants in Beijing and we enjoyed them very much! The only issue I had was at the Grill 79 restaurant which is where breakfast is served. There is a wide selection of food available, but poor quality.The hotel is full of business people so often I found that I was not taken seriously by the staff at the grill 79 restaurant, since I was not there on business, and much younger than the other hotel guests. The manager in particular laregely ignored my existance but went to every other table at the restaurant to take care of the guests. In the 6 days I was there he did not greet me or my sister once. I generally wouldn't care except that every morning I found him chatting and smiling to the guests at the table next to us :[
The suite was perfect for me and my sister, spacious living room and bedroom. And HUGE bathroom, with a shower, enourmous bath tub, 2 sinks, and even a tv in the mirror ! Very luxurious. There was a television in both the bedroom and living room which was great, with DVD players too. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone !!!!! Next time I go to Beijing, I will definitely come back to the Shangri La World Summit Wing( 国贸大酒店) but I will not include breakfast :p

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Cendrella Z,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your and your sister's preferred accommodation in Beijing. We are so glad to have young guests like you. :)

I have shared the review with the team internally, and particularly shared your comments to Philip with the Department Heads. We are proud of having colleagues like Philip who are dedicated to providing the best service to our guests. Meanwhile, I am sorry to hear that the service of Grill 79 disappointed you. If you don't mind, would you please let me know more details so that I can follow up? My email address is linda.ying@shangri-la.com

Thank you again for spending time making comments for us. Sincerely look forward to having you in the near future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have had just a night in this superb hotel. The reception was really professional, they manage to arrange a trip to the Great Wall in half an hour, the driver was also very efficient. The breakfist was divine and the view from the 79th floor really amazing (it was a sunny day indeed !).
The restaurant (Grill 79)is a bit expensive but the meat is really great !
Nothing to say : just a really great memory by now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Gilles F,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing, and your spending time making comments for us on TripAdvisor. It is always a great reward and encouragement for us to receive positive comments like this.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Thought I was booked at the regular China World Hotel, a solid long time Beijing business hotel but to my surprise, it was at the Summit. Service is definitely more personal and had a homey feel at the check in area. Front desk staff friendlier than the regular China world but I suspect that they put their best staff at the newer property. Rooms and amenities are top notch, including the very thoughtful wooden shoe trees for both men and ladies shoes. This is something that not many hotels provide and I would say, apart from the views and service, this was the nicest touch. I also utilised the housekeeping service as my trouser button had come undone. Service was prompt and button came back more secure than when I had first bought the trousers. Housekeeping and all the "behind the scenes" staff deserve great mentions. Many times, staying at a hotel is not about the property, it's all about the interaction and services provided by the staff!
Great job!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear detang,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. We sincerely appreciate your spending time sharing your experience with us and other users on TripAdvisor.

I have shared your review with the team internally. It is always a great pleasure and encouragement for us to receive positive comments like this.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you in the near future.

Best regards.

Been to Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing? Share your experiences!