“Sky-high and a view to die for, I loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing

Save Saved
You added Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Travel In Style
Ranked #8 of 5,111 hotels in Beijing
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Sky-high and a view to die for, I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the moment I arrived until the morning I left (17th - 21th July), I experienced great service. That's not something easy for any hotel to impress on me as I was on a 5 day leisure stay hence I was frequently in the hotel, and only left the building at rather irregular times. Any poor service could have occurred during my stay but all I encountered was genuine hospitality. Staff were friendly, helpful and always had a ready smile. Regardless it was at the Resident's Foyer (thank you Jessica for the check-in), the housekeeping team, at the fitness centre or at the eateries, Summit's staff was laudably professional with winning smiles.

Sleep-wise, it was silent nights. Staying in Room 7210, it was tucked in a cul-de-sac corner on the 72nd floor, I didn't hear the ground traffic or anyone walking outside my room. Plush carpets work wonders. The bed was a big one, with so many pillows too. At each turn-down, housekeeping would check if I wanted the blinds to go down. Leaving Evian with a glass by the bedside each night was also a great touch.

My room was cleaned daily and the bathroom always kept dry. Being a smoker, I do inevitably leave some ash lying around but housekeeping did a thorough cleaning. And they always folded my clothes and set them neatly on the bed. Dare I say I got a wee bit pampered? Yes but I won't complain. In fact, I loved it.

Location-wise, Summit was CBD-centre. The banks, the MRT station and shopping were all a hop away. It does make a difference when there's a shopping centre connected to your hotel. Enjoy people watching too? Then you'd love this hotel because suits and skirts filled Summit's vicinity as they made their ways around the CBD.

Summit's fitness centre came with a gym and separate male and female retreat rooms, saunas, steam rooms and jacuzzi. A must-try would be the Vitality Pool (jacuzzi) with its on-the-shoulder jet and stainless steel lounges built inside the pool, so relaxing!

Even the swimming pool offered a leisurely ambience being large, blue-tiled and infinity. Music was piped in the pool. The spacious pool area had comfy lounge seats for swimmers to laze whilst catching their breath. Such indulgence with a wow!

Room Tip: Room 7210 was quiet and and spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Wei_Liang_See_Tho,

Thank you very much for having chosen to stay at China World Summit Wing as your preferred accommodation in Beijing. Meanwhile, we'd like to highly appreciate your spending time to share your experience and make such a detailed review for us.

I have shared your review with my colleagues internally, and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the stay with us. It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding for us to receive positive comments such as yours.

Thank you again for staying with us and we sincerely look forward to having you in the near future.

Best regards.

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unfortunately I only stayed there one night. Arrived there with my colleagues after travelling through 8 cities in 4 days and this was the crown jewel. From the check in on the 64th floor to the room on the 68 and of course the Sky Bar on the 8th floor. During my trip I also stayed at 2 Ritz Carlton Hotels but they were no match.

If you are in Beijing for Business (or pleasure) its worth while staying there

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Eran H,

Thank you very much for staying with China World Summit Wing during your recent visit to Beijing. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed staying with us. And we sincerely appreciate and value your spending time sharing experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Heartfully look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regard
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Booked transport from airport. Pricey but was met at airline jetway and whisked by Merc to the hotel. No check-in; I was greeted by my name and taken straight up to my room on the 73rd floor. Awesome!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having chosen to stay with China World Summit Wing as well as for making review following your recent stay. To make sure all our guests being taken care and completely delight is the ultimate goal of the entire team. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate your positive comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards.
Shanghang County, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is one of the best 5-star hotels that I have ever stayed. From the moment I arrived I was not only impressed by the luxurious and elegant style of the property but also the great services. Since after check-in guests need to use another elevator, a young lady from front office took me there in case I got lost (I saw some previous comments mentioning the change elevator makes guests confused, maybe this is what they do to improve it?)
And finally I'd like to strongly suggest you to try their swimming pool. It is fabulous and far beyond your expectation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Joannajiangly,

Thank you very much for staying with China World Summit Wing during your recent visit to Beijing and for spending time making review for us. To look after our guests and ensure your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable is always our greatest pleasure. I am glad to learn that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Sincerely appreciate your reviews and we look forward to seeing you again.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a Shangri-la 5 star hotel, there's no further comment to the room, breakfast, or service - all as good as you can imagine.
For business travelers location is the most important point, and being in the guomao complex (CBD area) you will have access to shopping malls, traffic stations, but at the same time, it means that you have to get prepared for the traffic jam around CBD as well.
Besides, if you take taxi from airport to the hotel, tell the driver you want to go to "China World Trader Center Phase 3 (guomao sa qi)" is better, because many drivers can't tell which building around the guomao complex is China World Summit Wing; or else you can just tell them go to the tallest building in Beijing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear amberluojx,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for having chosen to stay with China World Summit Wing as well as for making review following your recent stay.

Secondly, I would like to share a good news with you. Recently we launched a Taxi Campaign; during the Campaign, the hotel will provide free mugs and iced drink to taxi drivers who come and pick up our guests. The purpose is to solve the "taxi difficult" for our guests and meanwhile increase the awareness of our hotel among Beijing taxi drivers. I am sure next time when you come you will see the improvement.

Thank you again for staying with us. We sincerely hope to have you again in the near future.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There are 2-3 Shangri-la hotels locating in the Guomao area and hearsay is that the Summit Wing hotel is the newest and also the best one. A typical 5-star business hotel with uncomparable views of city. Room is quite big, including the toilet - has separate shower and bathcube. Wifi is free, cool! But their dining outlets are limited, only one steakhouse on 79th floor, and 1 cafe and 1 bar on 80th. The steakhouse is a good place for fine dining, international cuisine, but price is a bit high; given it's the highest restaurant in the city and provides very good steak, still worth a try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear zhen s,

Thank you very much for making review for us. Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at Grill 79. We will always encourage our guests to have a try of Grill 79 while staying with us. Just a kind reminder, the restaurant also has lunch set menu which priced around RMB200 only, same delicious food but much more competitive price.

On the other hand, for your information, there are other restaurants locating on the hotel's 4th floor for you to choose. We have the Japanese restaurant - Nadaman which specializes in kaiseki cuisine and also features teppanyaki, sushi and a la carte dining. If you prefer Chinese cuisine, you could go to the Red Chamber & Noodle Bar next door to Nadaman. Or, you may also want to try the famed Cantonese restaurant - Fook Lam Moon which is on the same floor. For details of these dining facilities, please feel free to check our official website.

Again, sincerely appreciate your reviews and we look forward to seeing you again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I saw the hotel building I learned why it is named the Summit Wing! It's the tallest building in the city hence promises the best view. You can see the roofs of the China World hotel and Park Hyatt building in the south, and even the Tiananmen square in the west side! The swimming pool on 78th floor is not big but no doubt it's the highest pool in Beijing which makes it unique. Gym is on the same floor, there's hardly any guest, so it feels like I m a super VIP lol ! Most staffs are very friendly and professional, only 1 or 2 girls looked a bit impatient.

Room Tip: Require rooms to the west when booking, you will have the broad view of the city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear ascloud,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and particularily had a good time in our swimming pool on the 78th floor :) But on the other hand, I am sorry to hear that there might be some flaws in terms of services. Would you please kindly share more details with me, so that I can share with our team internally for service improvement? Your feedback is very important to us.

Sincerely appreciate your reviews and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Been to Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing? Share your experiences!