From the moment I arrived until the morning I left (17th - 21th July), I experienced great service. That's not something easy for any hotel to impress on me as I was on a 5 day leisure stay hence I was frequently in the hotel, and only left the building at rather irregular times. Any poor service could have occurred during my stay but all I encountered was genuine hospitality. Staff were friendly, helpful and always had a ready smile. Regardless it was at the Resident's Foyer (thank you Jessica for the check-in), the housekeeping team, at the fitness centre or at the eateries, Summit's staff was laudably professional with winning smiles.
Sleep-wise, it was silent nights. Staying in Room 7210, it was tucked in a cul-de-sac corner on the 72nd floor, I didn't hear the ground traffic or anyone walking outside my room. Plush carpets work wonders. The bed was a big one, with so many pillows too. At each turn-down, housekeeping would check if I wanted the blinds to go down. Leaving Evian with a glass by the bedside each night was also a great touch.
My room was cleaned daily and the bathroom always kept dry. Being a smoker, I do inevitably leave some ash lying around but housekeeping did a thorough cleaning. And they always folded my clothes and set them neatly on the bed. Dare I say I got a wee bit pampered? Yes but I won't complain. In fact, I loved it.
Location-wise, Summit was CBD-centre. The banks, the MRT station and shopping were all a hop away. It does make a difference when there's a shopping centre connected to your hotel. Enjoy people watching too? Then you'd love this hotel because suits and skirts filled Summit's vicinity as they made their ways around the CBD.
Summit's fitness centre came with a gym and separate male and female retreat rooms, saunas, steam rooms and jacuzzi. A must-try would be the Vitality Pool (jacuzzi) with its on-the-shoulder jet and stainless steel lounges built inside the pool, so relaxing!
Even the swimming pool offered a leisurely ambience being large, blue-tiled and infinity. Music was piped in the pool. The spacious pool area had comfy lounge seats for swimmers to laze whilst catching their breath. Such indulgence with a wow!
- Also Known As:
- China World Summit Wing Hotel
- China World Summit Wing Hotel Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- China World Summit Wing, Beijing comprises 278 guest rooms and suites, four designer restaurants, two bars and a lounge. Accommodations with guest room sizes averaging 65 square metres are the most spacious in the city. The hotel also houses the city's highest spa retreat with CHI, The Spa - Shangri-La's signature spa brand - on level 77. Most of the city's attractions, such as the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, are within a 15-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.