“Great view from the top of Beijing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing

You added Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Holiday Escape_Winter
Ranked #22 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.5 of 5 stars 302 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Great view from the top of Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a very new hotel, so it satisfies all of my high tech needs, for example an iPhone stereo player is a plus for my trip at the end of the day. The hotel's lobby is on 64th floor and it provides free snacks and drink to all the in-house guests, which is a rare treat in such a luxury hotel. The even better part is that I can just all my local business contacts to have a small meeting here at the awesome free meeting room with complimentary freshly brewed coffee. The room is spacious, with elegant and smart deco. I personally like the Nespresso capsule coffee machine in the room minibar very much. There's also an elevator which accesses to the China World Shopping Mall, which is quite convenient, but I didn't have much time to see it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Katherine W,

Thank you very much for sharing comments with us. I am glad to learn that your overall experience of staying with us was a positive one.

The Resident's Foyer (also the hotel lobby for all check-in and check-outs) on 64th floor is one of the unique features of China World Summit Wing. All the in-house guests can enjoy benefits including soft drinks, coffee, tea and fresh whole fruit throughout the day, as well as snack refreshments three times a day. And the complimentary usage of meeting room which you have experienced, is another benefit that guests can enjoy per day per room.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Don't come here alone like I did unless your good at making some connections in the bars downstairs. Excellent view I mean seriously. The hotels super overpriced like most things out in this area but it is worth it. I would stay again. And the beds are fantastic.

The food is top notch as well. I didn't have to run around in the middle of the night looking for street vendors to sell me mystery dumplings for once.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Chris S,

Thank you very much for the kind words and I am delighted to see you had the opportunity to experience our F&B outlets during your stay. Hope next time when you visit Beijing, China World Summit Wing could be your optimal choice again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My first visit to Beijing (though not to China), I was wondering what to expect. A somewhat complicated system of elevators and guest lobby at this hotel, meant that it wasn't the easiest to get around. Once in my room (7305) however, it was very spacious - good shower, (L'Occitane toiletries) plenty of closet space, well equipped (plenty of water, kettle, tea and and comfortable. The views would have been spectacular, but Beijing wasn't blessed with clear skies. The laundry service though well-priced, in some cases left the clothes smelling peculiar - make sure that they are well-aired. Breakfast was okay, nowhere near as good as the Mandarin - sometimes the hybrid mix of East and West works and sometimes it doesn't, the cooked to order option was better. Service was a bit hit and miss - plenty of people, but little common sense. Just deliver the luggage to the room, don't deliver a whole suite of messages telling me that Reception have my luggage (that'll be where I left it then). If I have to leave to go to meetings immediately, I want to come back and find my luggage waiting for me. Simple things, which add to the hassle of the visit if not done well.

PS. The Sky bar mixologists were inventive and excellent!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tixall1,

thank you for taking the time and efforts in reviewing us. May I ask you to send me more details regarding the service flaws you experienced at your convenience? Your feedback is very important to us in ensuring all our services are exceeding guest expectations.

Meanwhile, for your information, in light of guest comments received over the past couple of months, such as yours, some changes have been made to the entrance and check in/out so as to reduce confusions. Now our GROs' in the lobby will direct you to the level 64, where all the check in and out's will be handled. The desk in the lobby will be solely entertaining luggage and transportation services. But you still need to take a separate elevator from level 64 to your room. This elevator is isolated from the public therefore can guarantee the privacy and security of our in-house guests.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Only stayed in Beijing for two nights and I have already fell in love with the city. It is no doubt the tallest building in town, which reminds me the same awesome night view of Hancock building in Chicago. The 80th floor bar is no doubt the best place to go at night. Awesome band playing and great cocktails.

If you are looking for a unforgettable fine dining experience, you have to go to the Grill 79 syeak house, which offers David Blackmore waygu. Get a medium rare, and you will not regret it.

The size of the room is not big, and I guess it because the hotel is in the city centre. I am impressed by the bathroom design.... All these floor to ceiling windows plus a big bath tube!!!! Awesome experience!

Room Tip: Premier Room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Dorecy W,

thank you for staying with Shangri-La's China World Summit Wing and making reviews for us. We are glad to hear that you have spent time exploring the F&B outlets in our hotel during your stay. Indeed, the ATMOSPHERE on 80th floor is the tallest bar in Beijing, famous for the great cocktails and the unrivaled view. And our steakhouse Grill 79 on 79th floor is one of the top international hotel restaurants in Beijing, which we always strongly encourage our guests to try. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we sincerely wish to see you again soon.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a nice weekend with my family... The luxury Shangri-la hotel locating in the tallest building in Beijing and have an amazing view of the city. Staffs are professional and friendly, and no need to say the comfortable and spacious room, as well as the tasty breakfast. My son loves the swimming pool very much, which is on the 78th floor, and it makes you feel like you are swimming in 'purple cloud' (because the light is sort of blue and purple)! We will go again if have chance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Lynn S, thanks for staying with China World Summit Wing and spending time making reviews for us. We are glad to hear that you and your family had a nice weekend here. In case you might be interested, we will have summer packages with more benefits yet more competitive price for the coming summer vacation, which you could consider if you have the plan to spend the vacation in Beijing (for details please refer to our official website). We look forward to seeing you again soon in the near future.
Best regards,
ub
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

our family of 5 (with 3 kids) stayed at this hotel overnight during our trip from Dubai for New Year and we really enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious even with an extra bed. The facilities are modern, and most importantly are functional, not just for design purposes, as it happens in some of the hotels. The bathroom was spacious with separate shower and a big jacussi where our two sons enjoyed bathing upon arrival after long flight. The view is great from 64th floor! or and the breakfast had good choice of chinese and european cuisine.

Slightly on an expensive side, but the quality does cost the money...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Linda Y, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear hulan d, thanks very much for your review and we are glad to learn you and your family had a good time with us. The winter of Beijing is beautiful, when you visited Beijing last time. While summer in Beijing will have more fun! Maybe next time when planning summer vacation with the family you could also consider Beijing and staying with us. :) We sincerely look forward to having you again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in 2012 for a work trip. The room and views were absolutely stunning (I faced the CCTV building), the staff were generally very helpful (except for when hailing taxis), and the morning breakfast buffet had great variety and service. The room staff were very helpful when I had any requirements during my long work hours in the hotel. Would definitely stay here again for business, but it is definitely located a bit further from tourist attractions - but given how cheap taxis are in Beijing - it is not a problem. This hotel also had one of the best gyms I've ever been to in a hotel (it was on the 79th floor!) and the 80 floor bar is also worthwhile visiting (though the drink prices are a bit steep). My main tip would be that a lot of taxi drivers had issues finding this place, so it's important to have the address written out in Chinese, or have the hotel's number on hand for directions.

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear LinYJ, thanks very much for staying with us and your encouraging review. We have noticed that our guests have difficulties with hailing taxis from the hotel (particularly during rush hours)/taxi drivers have difficulties with finding the hotel location, so this year we have made detailed plans to solve this problem, to increase our awareness among taxi drivers and let them get familiar with the routes to our hotel. I'm sure that next time when you stay with us you will see the improvements. Best regards,

Been to Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing? Share your experiences!