You certainly get a birds eye view of the city from this hotel. Situated on the upper floors of one of the city's tallest buildings, you can survey the vastness of Beijing (that's if the pollution does not block it out completely - it's that bad at times). Arrival is a little disappointing, as the Reception and Lobby on the Ground Floor are more like an Office Block (which the rest of the building is). However, once you get up to the proper Reception on the 68th floor, the welcome is genuine and efficient. Guest rooms are large and well appointed, with everything you could possibly desire. Nespresso machines, iPod dock, complimentary WiFi and a big bathroom with lovely L'Occetaine amenities. Decor is austentatious luxury. A real stand out is the very well appointed gym and swimming pool - both with spectacular views (and equipment). The restaurant is also very good and there is a large lounge bar. Staff are courteous and helpful throughout. However there is an underlying theme that this is boring luxury. Yes, they've ticked all the boxes - but there is nothing memorable, or with an ounce of personality. With the views, they could have the best restaurant and bar in town - but bland is the polite word for what is on offer. This is a great hotel for visiting dignitaries and CEO's that don't look beyond the blacked out window of the limousine. If you are a real traveller, then maybe look elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- China World Summit Wing Hotel Beijing
- China World Summit Wing Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- China World Summit Wing, Beijing comprises 278 guest rooms and suites, four designer restaurants, two bars and a lounge. Accommodations with guest room sizes averaging 65 square metres are the most spacious in the city. The hotel also houses the city's highest spa retreat with CHI, The Spa - Shangri-La's signature spa brand - on level 77. Most of the city's attractions, such as the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, are within a 15-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelsClick, Ctrip DaoDao, Venere and Otel so you can book your Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.