“Almost at par with best HK/Sing hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing

You added Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing to your Saves list
Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China (Guomao)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 5,435 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore, Singapore
“Almost at par with best HK/Sing hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Ten years ago, mainland hotels caught up with their equivalents in HK/Sing in terms of 'hardware'; however, the 'software' (service) still left much to be desired. Now, with the likes of China World Summit Wing, Park Hyatt, they have almost caught up...staff very eager to please. Should change the name - impossible to remember and confusing, as there is a Summit World hotel in same neighhbourhood (same Shangri-La group).

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We visited the China World Summit Wing just a few months after it had opened in 2010, and just about everything went wrong. For a high-end hotel in a high-end chain, it was clearly not ready for prime time.

We returned for two nights in October, 2012. What a change! The facility itself was flawless, but most importantly the service was now at a very high standard. I had arranged for an airport pick-up and I was met at the jetway by a pleasant fellow who guided me through immigration and led me to the waiting Mercedes. A nice cool towel and cold orange juice awaited me in the back seat and the trip to the hotel, despite some slow traffic, was effortless. I was met at the hotel entrance and taken directly up to the suite. (The new electronic/iPad-like check in is very cool!) Everything was in order.

Throughout the two-day stay everything worked and the staff always responded to any requests with a smile and a can-do attitude. Room service was excellent, and there's a wide selection for breakfast. I should also mention that the beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel.

All-in-all, this second experience was like staying at a completely different hotel from our visit two years ago. From this visit, I'd say that the China World Summit Wing is now clearly up to the standard of an elite Shanghai-La Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is located in the business district of Beijing. We stayed on the 74th Floor, and the view of Beijing was spectacular :). The hotel is right on top of a shopping mall (The China World Trade Shopping Centre), but everything is very pricey. Very close to subway, and avoid taxi during rush hours because traffic in Beijing is worst than New York City. There is a great buffet at Kerry's Kitchen, located at Kerry Centre Hotel (2 minutes walk from the Summit), but it is only available for lunch.

Room Tip: Upon check-in always try to ask for top floors and usually the front desk would give it to you if th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

First of all, my driver dropped me off at the China World, which is the same but different wing. When I asked for assistance to bring my bags over the the summit wing, the answer was "NO", they can't this, and when I insisted, and requested to speak to the duty manager, then reluctantly, they sent a bell boy to help me. It was almost 4:30pm, and told my room was not ready. OK, so I went for my meeting, and requested them to put my bag in the room when it is ready. Finally, got my room, and was told they will send my bags up. OK. So I waited for 10 minutes in my room, and I lost my patience and called the front desk. The bag then came after the call. I tried to polish my shoes, and found the sponge was used before, see photo. Ah, one more thing, if you think you're staying high up and you did not need to wear anything in the room, you're wrong. One morning, there was stranger outside cleaning the window. But there is no prior notice from the hotel management!

Room Tip: Make sure you close your curtain, as you won't know when the stranger outside the window will co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is the business trip to Beijing. I do not realize this hotel is located at the top floors of the building. Comfortable staff service, they are all giving you Welcome nice smile.
Fantastic view when I step out from the elevator at 64/F foyer and the room is locating above 64/F.
Unfortunately it is business trip, otherwise I would be more enjoying. :)
The location of hotel is near to World Trade Buildings in Beijing. It is still convenient to go to other sightseeing spots and it just takes you few subway stops or reasonable price by taxi

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Its all pretty good and the service on 79th floor is quite impressive, though I don't always need their help on every single thing. I am still quite amazed by their attention to details. What else I noticed is that the lookings of their male staffs in the gym are above average! I guess I should be impressed npby their hiring process! Ha

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in the Hotel at Easter (we can't go back in time, so I have picked August) 2011 with two kids. For the kids we had the swimming pool and also the fitness area planned, but my son suffered from a brocken arm with a cast, so he was not allowed to swim. Fitness is for adults only. Other than that it is a wonderful hotel, the superior room on top is just perfect and the stay was pleasent with excellent service. The restaurants are good, in particualr the bar on the top is lovely and the hotel allows you to escape from Beijing smog, which is one of the main benefits. You have access to the underground to reach the shopping mal of China World which is very convinient. The fitness area is best equiped with excellent mashines, as the hotel just newly oppened by then the interior was all brandnew. In China this is important, as older hotels do suffer from the smoking habits of locals and also from the spitting habits of locals. It is very expensive but in my eyes worth every pence, the view is amazing, the Beijing smog only does block the view once in a while....Due to the fresh opening we had been part of the regular fire drill upon our arrival, which took us some time - with the whole family like moles after the long distance flight. But the staff served us with snacks and tea, so we could survive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Shangri-La China World Summit Wing Beijing? Share your experiences!