We visited the China World Summit Wing just a few months after it had opened in 2010, and just about everything went wrong. For a high-end hotel in a high-end chain, it was clearly not ready for prime time.
We returned for two nights in October, 2012. What a change! The facility itself was flawless, but most importantly the service was now at a very high standard. I had arranged for an airport pick-up and I was met at the jetway by a pleasant fellow who guided me through immigration and led me to the waiting Mercedes. A nice cool towel and cold orange juice awaited me in the back seat and the trip to the hotel, despite some slow traffic, was effortless. I was met at the hotel entrance and taken directly up to the suite. (The new electronic/iPad-like check in is very cool!) Everything was in order.
Throughout the two-day stay everything worked and the staff always responded to any requests with a smile and a can-do attitude. Room service was excellent, and there's a wide selection for breakfast. I should also mention that the beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel.
All-in-all, this second experience was like staying at a completely different hotel from our visit two years ago. From this visit, I'd say that the China World Summit Wing is now clearly up to the standard of an elite Shanghai-La Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- China World Summit Wing Hotel
- China World Summit Wing Hotel Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- China World Summit Wing, Beijing comprises 278 guest rooms and suites, four designer restaurants, two bars and a lounge. Accommodations with guest room sizes averaging 65 square metres are the most spacious in the city. The hotel also houses the city's highest spa retreat with CHI, The Spa - Shangri-La's signature spa brand - on level 77. Most of the city's attractions, such as the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, are within a 15-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Shangri-La's China World Summit Wing Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.