“Good hotel in a good location in Beijing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake View Hotel

You added Lake View Hotel to your Saves list
Lake View Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.19 Panjiayuan South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100021, China (Formerly Radegast Lake View Hotel) (Panjiayuan)   |
Ranked #104 of 5,463 Hotels in Beijing
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good hotel in a good location in Beijing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Staff speaks ok english at best if you do not speak Chinese. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms are very nice and the beds are comfy. The breakfast spread is decent, nothing to rave about though. They have chargers and outlet converters if needed. Enjoy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed at the Radegast Lake View Hotel for 10 nights at the beginning of February with my partner. My first impression was the patiences of our driver who collected us from the Airport at 11pm after a significant delay in arriving, which after a 17 hour trip from Australia is a welcome relief.

The lobby is quite grand, but also conservative, which gives a warm feeling. Numerous ATM fill the lobby giving you a good option if you have difficulty using your bank cards and certain ATM. As most reviews have stated the english in this hotel is near to non-existent which can be difficult however this is not an english speaking country that you are visiting if you cannot speak mandarin and expect everyone to speak english where ever you may be, it would be best you travelled english speaking countries.

The rooms and views were amazing, especially after snow has fallen over Longtan Hu. The beds were amazingly comfortable and most mornings quite difficult to leave the warmth and comfort of. The television had sufficient channels for adults with a number of english speaking channels however, if you have children they may not be adequate. Our room was quite large and well furnished, and our walk in wardrobe was quite handy for keeping our luggage out of sight. The bathroom was extremely large and well appointed, the only downside was the shower would leak water while in use. Also you could have the music channels playing on the tv and the speaker playing the music through to the bathroom which was pleasant.

The area itself is quite nice and has good (and cheap) eateries, with a large supermarket 2 minutes walk up Panjiayuan Road towards the subway (15minute walk) and the Antique Market just before the subway. In the area of the Subway is a large number of fast food and restaurants. Across the road from the property is a massage parlour which is significantly cheaper then the hotels service and open quite late so handy for days when you have walked a lot.

All in all my experience was quite excellent, and for the price of around $1021AUD (CNY 5,412.02) for 10 nights in a Deluxe King Room with Lake View, extremely affordable for this standard of hotel. I would easily class this as a high 4 star property, however there is always room for improvement. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with lake views on higher levels a must, worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel in a lovely location opposite Long Tan Park (book a room on a high floor for views - particularly impressive at night).

We had some difficulty finding an English-speaking receptionist (a lot of gesturing) but I have no trouble with this - I was in China without Mandarin, after all.

Our rooms (of which we had three) were all on the same floor yet all unique with lovely views of the park and the city. The beds were outstandingly comfortable (King Coil, which is unusual in China - beds are often very hard here).

Staff in the Executive Lounge (28th Floor) were exceptional, by far the hotel's greatest asset. They were very knowledgeable about the local area, the city as well as about their own inventory (which included imported beers and wine at no extra cost).

The pool area (located on -1st Floor) was beautiful and very clean, as were the changing facilities.

The atmosphere is the only thing lacking at this hotel, it has all the trappings of a five star property, but it just doesn't feel like one. A solid four star.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very nice and include breakfast and access to the Executive Lounge - cost differ...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A 5 star hotel. Clean and nice. Visited this hotel in November 2013. Went in a group of 6. Booked 3 executive rooms. Was big, spacious and nice. However, what was little disappointing was that the receptionists could not speak English. And i was rather disappointed as i expected more for that fact that it was a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast spread was wide. Room service was prompt. Bear in mind that they do not have all the dishes stated in the menu.

Hotel was rather quiet.

Overall, nice and clean hotel. Only disappointment was the fact that hardly anyone could speak or even understand English.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were booked into the Radegast Lakeview for four nights January 4 - 8 2014 and the property itself was exquisite with our room on the 26th floor overlooking the lake (frozen) . The actual room was beautifully presented and would have to say one of the best we have stayed in in China.

However....... the customer service at this hotel is appalling , not once did we see any staff member smile, the Club room we booked included buffet breakfast in the Club lounge each morning but were told on the first morning that breakfast would only be served in the main café on level 1 with no explanation or apology given. The customer service in the breakfast café was non existent . On the second morning we had to find our own table, find the cutlery, table mat , coffee cup and set the table ourselves while several staff members stood by and watched!!!

The breakfast selection was more like a 3 Star hotel .

We also had an issue with the A/C or central heating . With minus 7c temperatures outside, our room was SO hot and stuffy inside which we could not adjust. We spent the entire four nights with the AC turned off and our window open to try and keep the room cool. The beds however are the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

Overall an exquisite room and property which has been seriously let down by appalling customer service.

Room Tip: If you are after a good value for money hotel and don't care about customer service then the Rad...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Castellon de la Plana, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My colleague booked the Radagest due to a low rate for a 5 star hotel.That was the only good thing about it.Almost nobody could speak English,not even the person anwering the phone for room service. I went to the gym upon arrival, people smoking walking past the gym, children playing around the gym and watching TV at top volume,very annoying. Then i went to have dinner in the Lakeside cafe because they were advertising a Western set menu. Once I sit down I am informed that there is no set menu.I leave and go to the Herbal Garden Chinese restaurant.Very famous and with one award for excellence.They dont understand me in English,however I manage to order. Such a famous restaurant and we are only 3 people in it.I found out when I paid the bill. I ordered 3 dishes and tea, I was charged 600RMB,extremely expensive.The following morning I ordered room service breakfast, they forgot to bring it to my room at 6 am, so I did not have breakfast. Besides, the Lobby lounge,which is not in the lobby but downstairs charges 45 Rmb for a single expresso, no wonder there is nobody in this cafe.The swmming pool ,the door is closed at 8pm,nobody knows why.The spa, 1000 Rmb for a massage,again too expensive compared to other 5 star hotels in China...And,even though I had booked airport pick up a week in advance...they arrived late and the driver did not speak any English.I should have gone to the Crowne Plaza U Town like I did last time

Room Tip: ask for a lakeview room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived at 5:00 pm on October 01, 2013 and nobody was there to greet us? I have never had this happen at a five star hotel. So drag my bags off the taxi and into the lobby. This is a worn hotel and checked into a dirty room. Weak AC and it never was fixed during my four nights there. If the room wasn't pre-paid I would have looked for another hotel. You get what you paid for with their low rate, a low rated four star but really nice three star. This is NOT a five star hotel. My wife said the spa was nice, so they have that going for them...LOL!

Room Tip: Don't get a room where we had our room...this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake View Hotel? Share your experiences!