“Fine for overnight stay close to airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Beijing Capital Airport

You added Ibis Beijing Capital Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Beijing Capital Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Tianzhu Middle Street, Tianzhu Town, Shunyi District, Beijing 101312, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Ranked #838 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Fuerteventura
“Fine for overnight stay close to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Turning up in a taxi at 10 in the evening, the IBIS did not look in a great location amongst the trucks and the lobby felt a bit basic looking and the corridors not too attractive, however the room was reasonably sized and clean. The bed was comfortable and there was space to work. The bathroom was a good size and there was a good spacious shower cubicle. The complimentary slippers were much appreciated for the 10 hour flight. The wake-up call came on time. I had been a bit concerned about being so close to the end of the runway but this did not disturb my sleep. The lobby looked better in the morning. Breakfast was 30 Yuan and it was OK, though the coffee was weak and not very tasty.
At 199 Yuan for the night, overall this was very good value.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the runway
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Nomadic Traveller7,

Thank you stay with us and take your time to write it for all of us.

As an airport hotel for trainsient guest, we aimed to provide an efficient, conveniet stay for our guest. We may limited on the facilities, equipments, but a clean room, comfortable bed is the basic thing we should do.

Thank you again for your genuine comments for all of us, we will keep doing right thing and make it better, even stronger coffee.

Hope to serve you again in the near future.

Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you are flying AirAsia to Beijing from Malaysia, you will land at 1.15AM. If you are like me, you would be tired and want to go to bed ASAP. And if you are like me, you won't want to spend too much money on accommodation for just one short night. Of all the hotels around the airport, I chose Ibis because of the GM Wilson Gao who actively reply on TripAdvisor (so I know he speaks good English).

Only a 5 minutes drive from Terminal 2 where we landed, it is as close as it gets. Normally, travelers will get free transfers, but because dear Tony Fernandes decided that we should land at 1.15AM, we needed to arrange for our own transfer. I wrote to the hotel to request for that, and Wilson Gao the GM responded very promptly. He helped us arrange for a van which could fit about 10 people and agreed on a RMB150 price. When we landed, we were a little late (you can imagine a party of 10, buying local telco SIM cards, toilet breaks, luggage searching) and arrived at the terminal exit at 2AM. The driver was patient enough to wait for us, but when we arrived at the hotel, he asked for extra tip because we made him wait quite a bit, and won't settle for less than RMB50 tip, which I paid.

The staff spoke a little bit of English, but our party spoke in Malaysian mandarin which we could understand each other enough.

The room itself was basic but good enough for me. Although near an airport, I couldn't hear any airplanes flying overhead, but some of my fellow travelers complained that it was quite noisy in the morning due to people doing business downstairs (I believe it's just the Chinese habit of talking rather loudly).

I did not have breakfast in the hotel, though a fellow traveller did and told me it was pretty dismal for RMB30 per pax. I ate at a nearby restaurant which served Hong Kong food (I believe it was called the Mongkok restaurant).

I didn't get any WiFi in the room, but it was fine because I had a local data plan. We left the hotel via free transfer to the airport at noon. There is really nothing else around the hotel, but it serves its purpose as a clean, safe and budget priced hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Nextimelah,

Thank you so much for your kind words to me and great possitive comments for us.

I will share your experience with all of our team members to encourage them keep doing right things to ensure our guest stay convenient with us.
something you have memtioned, I do apologize for the poor performance and will find way to fix it up.

Ibis aimed to provide a superior service experience for all our customer, your satisifaction is the best rewards to us.

Thank you again for stay with us and much appreciated for your time to show your feedback.

Hope we could have opportunities to serve you in the future.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Shuttle now picks up at terminal 3 between doors 6 and 8 but you must call hotel for pickup. Rooms large but very basic and beds very hard. No wifi in room just the lobby. Not much around hotel just a couple of other hotels, a few restaurants and small grocery stores. The breakfast was very bad unless you like lots of rice. I would eat at the airport. Okay for one night but that is all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Hudson99,

Thank you for stay with us and your time to share your comments.

As we setup the pick up service covers Terminal 3, we will do what our people want.

We planned the WI-FI program in the middle of this year, and also upgrade our broadband to more convenient for our guests. The breakfast, we will see to add more western style food.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, your satisfaction is the most important value.

Thanks again for your time to share your comments and experience with us.

Hope we could serve you again in the no far future, and listen to you.

Gagetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I travel a great deal but was very nervous about my first venture into China. I reviewed a great deal before I choose this spot but was still nervous. By the end of the trip I was thrilled with my choice. My daughter and I used it as a base to explore Beijing before we ventured on to southern China. Staff at the front desk , for the most part spoke English. The one who did not speak it well was able to communicate very well.

I paid in advance at my hotel site and I saw some asked for a deposit, and I saw some get their deposit back on checkout. They also take a photocopy of your passport which they do not return.

The shuttle from the airport was regular but not scheduled. It is scheduled from the hotel to the airport. When I came out of arrivals I had the Tourist Information call the front desk. In that area there are phones that let you call for three minutes for free. Have the phone number with you when you arrive at the airport.. Having a local call is only needed if the person on the late night desk lacks English. The shuttle comes to door 6 in terminal three (international) it also stops in terminal two (domestic) . The vans both have signs IBIS on the front door. They are ten passenger vans You have to call. The shuttle to the airport (which is the best place to catch the subway) leaves on the hour most of the day. Book the day before to avoid problems.

The room was almost secondary to my transportation needs. Although the room was clean with wired internet, the lobby had wifi. The Chinese like very hard beds so do not expect something soft and cushy.

The breakfast is an extra five bucks, locals seemed to like it but it was below average by North American standards. Down the road (main road 3 blocks) was a place with a sign that said beer and barq, It was a brew pub and was awesome, two meals cooked at the table a tower of beer $36 total . Across the street was a traditional higher end restaurant.

I was very happy with the decision,

Randy

I felt safe walking around to the restaurants. If you want a private tour of the great wall from a tourist operator, they will charge you an extra forty to come up to the hotel to pick you up because the airport is so far from the city. Hope this information helps.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Randy S,

THANK YOU!

Very much appreciate your positive comments to us and share rich informations with all of our people.

At Ibis we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, your satisfaction is the most important value. About our breakfast, you mentioned, we will do adjusting to develop its qualities and more like "international".

Thank you again, for stay with us and spend your time to write this travels. I think the information you have shared is very usfull for all.

I hope we could have opportunity to serve you again in the future.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel was cheap and convenient to the airport due to the free shuttle (it's in a nondescript neighborhood that I couldn't really see due to the air quality, but there's really nothing around it so I think it's mostly a good option for airport layovers where there's not time to do anything in Beijing) The Manager Mr. Gao was very nice about his help when I emailed him about the shuttle.

There is a free shuttle, make sure to call and pre-arrange once you are actually outside the departure area of terminal three in PEK airport -- the airport is HUGE and it takes a long time just to walk out of it. They will give you explicit instructions on the phone of where to wait. For me it was worth the exorbitant roaming charges to just call on my cell.

The shuttle is free, but you get what you pay for , they didn't have enough vans to fit all the people for the 6 am shuttle so they had to come and get me.

Language skills at the front desk are basic at best but were totally adequate.

For someone tired off a long flight the room is basic but pretty clean and big. The building looks like it was built quickly but it's not that old. The bathroom was basic but as the hotel is pretty new everything was in good working order, I had a nice shower before going to bed. There are some nice unexpected touches such as a dental kit and slippers in the room. There are two bottles of bottled water and a tea-making set as well. The bed was pretty comfortable and the linens were fresh and clean. Another good thing is that they had power plugs that could take US/JP, European and Chinese/AU/ARG plugs, which was handy as I didn't have the chinese adapter for my iPhone, only the HK and US adapter (it does NOT take HK/UK plugs). I paid less than 40 USD for the whole room of that so it was quite a good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Landcuo,

Thank you very much for spending your time to share your comments with us.

Appreciated your positive words to us, at Ibis we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, your satisfaction is the most important value.

Surely, we should keep developing our products qualities, more convenient service to you and all of our guests. For me, I am happy to communicating with you, especially something I could do for assistance, thanks for your kind word to me. We are really focus on encourage our staff more friendly, helpful to all of our guests.

Thank you again for stay with us and took your time to show your care. We hope we could serve you again in nearly future.

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This hotel is clean, reasonably priced, well-staffed, gives free wifi in the lobby and offers a free airport shuttle. The only drawback is that the breakfast is minimal and the hotel's restaurant has not been open any of the many times I have stayed there in 2013 and early 2014. Since there is only one decent (and one rather indecent) restaurant within walking distance, the hotel really ought to get the restaurant thing sorted out. But the staff is great and the hotel quite nice.

Room Tip: There is airplane noise. You're at the airport. Get over it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
7102gm, General Manager at Ibis Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear NorCal_Prof,

Thank you stay with us and kind share your experience with all of us. Your positive comments encouraged us quitely.

We will continuously developing our service quality and focus on guest's needs, delivery effecient, humanized assistance to our customer. About the restaurant, we are talking with the owner. There are many restaurants arround hotel, we should tell our guest which one is better.

Thank you again for your time to give us your experience, we hope we could have the opportunity to serve you inthe nearly future.

Hotel Manager
Ibis Beijing Capital Airport

Been to Ibis Beijing Capital Airport? Share your experiences!