“Staying closr to Beijing Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Beijing Capital Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Beijing Capital Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sanjing Road, Beijing Capital International Airport, Beijing 100621, China (Beijing Capital International Airport)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #26 of 5,216 hotels in Beijing
Plymouth, United States
“Staying closr to Beijing Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is one of the best Hilton and best hotels I ever stayed for business. Top class employees and great facilities. Also very convenient to comute from the hotel to airport. They have a great gym facilities and excellent Spa. Also great restaurant options. The food cost could be improved, but of very high quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

550 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My two daughters and I flew in to Beijing from Seattle via Delta with the flight arriving at 11PM. My wife had already been in China for a couple weeks before us, so she was able to check in at the hotel and meet us at the airport using the airport shuttle. She had the shuttle wait for us, so we got right on which was appreciated after such a long flight.

Shuttle

As Delta flies out of Terminal 2, the drive to the hotel was a little longer than what it would be from Terminal 3 (you can actually see this terminal from the hotel). It took about 10 minutes to get from Terminal 2 to the hotel. It was very easy to find the shuttle, right outside of door 3.

Hotel

No issues with the front desk as my wife had already checked in, the kids and I gave our passports to the front desk for them to photocopy. Took about 2 minutes, and then we were off to our room.

The lobby itself is huge with a bar/sitting area in the middle. It’s almost too big, not very inviting as it’s big, cold and impersonal. On the bright side, lots of room for the kids to run around, and it would never feel hectic or chaotic due to all the space.

I immediately noticed the size of the hallways. Really the biggest I’ve ever seen, both wide and tall, and you could probably drive a small car through them.

Carrying through the theme of bigger is better, the room had the highest hotel room ceilings I’ve experienced, it made the room seem bigger than what it was which had a nice effect. The room was perfect in every way – we asked for two beds as we have four people in our family. Since our kids are still on the small side (7 & 10), we had ample room in each bed to sleep without having to get a rollaway. The bathroom is broken up into 3 sections – toilet, shower and sink/tub. The nice thing is that you can have 3 people doing 3 different things all in relative privacy. The room also had huge windows which provided a lot of natural light.

The hotel website talks about soundproofing and I can attest to the fact that what they say is true! We all had a restful night of sleep, and then the next day we watched airplane after airplane come in for landing outside our window, but the noise was minimal.

Restaurants

Very pricey, but without any viable options in walking distance, the hotel can afford to be expensive. My wife ate at Yue Shang and said the food was very good. We also had the breakfast buffet at 360 Casual Dining which had quite a variety of food, the staff was very friendly and attentive, but the cost was jaw dropping. $100 to feed a family of four, that is crazy expensive no matter where you live.

Swimming Pool

After breakfast we took the kids to the swimming pool, this is one of the best pools I’ve experienced in China without a doubt. It is a huge lap pool, the water was a decent temperature, and the changing rooms were very nice and included a steam room and hot tub. There was only one other swimmer with us for a short time, so we essentially had the pool to ourselves. The view of Terminal 3 is great, the pool is definitely one of the best features of this hotel.

Check Out

This was the low point of our stay and although the front desk clerks cannot be completely faulted, they could have helped me with the situation. There were two clerks and one line – I was standing there for 5 minutes or so when a woman ignored me waiting there and went to the desk and stood by a guy who was finishing up his checkout. Both the clerks looked up, saw me, saw her, and they knew she just walked past me. The guy checking out finished, and then the clerk proceeded to help the rude, inconsiderate woman who ignored the line. I have traveled to China many times, I understand that some people do not think they have to stand in lines as their time is more important than everyone else’s, so I proceeded to engage the woman in a discussion about her etiquette and her lack of manners. She said she was in a hurry, offered no apology, finished checking out, and walked off. I am a big boy and I can fight my own battles, but the clerk could have chosen to not serve her and instead point out I was there first. If people aren’t expected to queue up at the hotel, then put a sign saying “most rude and aggressive person will be served first,” and then let the guests take it from there.

Apart from the checkout experience and the expensive breakfast buffet, the positives outweighed the negatives. We liked staying at this hotel, and if we find ourselves arriving Beijing at night once again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Hilton Beijing Capital Airport hotel provides excellent service in every area: rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The beds might be the most comfortable beds in Beijing. The fitness center has excellent equipment including treadmills and free weights. The dinner buffet is pricey but offers a wide assortment of culinary options including chinese food, indian curries, carved meats, fresh fruit and delectable bite-size desserts. The breakfast buffet is not as complete but still provides many healthy and enjoyable options for the asian and western palate. The staff are friendly and helpful and have excellent English. Wifi is available for free in the spacious lobby and near the business center. Wifi is available in your room for a fee. The only complaint I have is that I was assigned a room on the fifth floor directly under the treadmills at the fitness center. The thump-thump-thump of someone running on a treadmill at 5:00 AM roused me from a much needed sleep. But that was a small annoyance at what is otherwise a beautiful and excellently managed hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Yokohama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Heard a lot about the terrible traffic conditon and got a reservation for the later arrival flight.24 hour shuttle bus was really convenient and it took only few minutes to arrive in the hotel.just feel hilton-like service in front desk,in my own room,everywhere.Pool view was awesome and saw the terminal 3 of beijing airport.It was not so easy to find entertainment venues around hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Transfer in Beijing Airport and had an unfortunate flight cancel, choose Hilton for one night stay. The shuttle bus (outside the arriving gate 5) from Terminal 3 runs every 15 minutes (from 6 - 24), another hours runs every 30 minutes.

The staff is nice and the check-in / out procedure is quite quick. The room is OK, typical Hilton standard. It's quite good for a one night stay for catching the early flight. The bathroom is seperated for the shower area and the toilet. But the shower in the bathroom is so high and sometimes the water spills out to the toilet area, strange design. Also, there's no Cabstree & Evelyn products like other Hilton properties around the world.

No free WIFI (rate 120 RMB per day), which is really rare in China these days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel with stylish and clean rooms. Service is good. Breakfast buffet was nice, even had western options. Food of a la carte menu was also great. Rooms have western tv channels, even HBO. Wifi is not conplimentary in the rooms but it is in Long Bar. The free shuttle and location saves time getting to and from airport.

• Stayed August 2013
Muscat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am a Business traveler and I travel long hours hopping on various mode of transport to get to my work destination. For this trip I started off from my home in Oman at 11 pm on the 9th October, boarded my flight to Beijing which was via Qatar with a stop for 3 hrs in Qatar before I get on to my flight to Beijing which was another 9 to 10 hrs. I landed into Beijing at around 12:35 am (11th October) and got done with the immigration and collection of my bags in another 25 mins. To my surprise my bag was damaged in the travel so had to get a damage bag claim receipt which took almost another 20 mins and was out of the airport terminal by around 1:30 am (Beijing time). Initially when I started from Oman I was told that once I am out of the airport we shall be driving off for about 4 hrs to get to our work destination, which to my luck did not happen that way. There was a name plate of my name outside the airport terminal and a Audi A6 waiting for me to be taken to the hotel to rest for the night and leave by 7am.
We were booked at the Hilton airport terminal 3 at a duplex room which was amazingly beautiful from inside as well as equally comfortable and spacious. Will a very comfortable bedding ans well as neat and clean and spacious bathroom. I quickly had a hot shower and hit the sack. Just did not know when the wake up call rang at 5:45 am for me to wake up and get ready and have my breakfast and to leave for our work by 7 am.
I was not all all happy with the options available for pure Indian vegetarian guests so had to just satisfy mt self with what was available like corn flakes, Fruits, some pan cakes and bakery items and a Hot Chocolate as well as a Caffe Latte in the end. Myself and my colleagues we also disappointed with a very strong smell of Fish that must we coming out of the kitchen due to the frying, etc. Some of the items which were fried in the same oil has the bad fish smell in it, so could not touch that item.
Could not use the Hotel spa or the pool due to our busy schedule.

The sleep I got for the 4 hrs was really worth the stop over no doubt the tariff was too pinching but had no other option near by the airport. I am due to travel again to Beijing for my work and will surely this time try and spend a day at this excellent Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Beijing Capital Airport? Share your experiences!